View Full Version : September newsletter discussion

BeeVee
09-14-2009, 02:49 PM
Hi all,

Give us your feedback here!

B

cresshead
09-14-2009, 03:20 PM
the speed modeling story was neat..has been a great thing to look at each week on the forums..

i did a couple of models, should have done much more i know!

maybe also cross promote the new tricaster...HD is a biggy!
TriCaster™, model XD300

oh any chance of a demo clip from the dvd you translated on?
http://www.newtek-shop.com/images/articles/dvdlw9elephormzoom.png

Matt
09-14-2009, 03:37 PM
Top quality newsletter as always Ben, nice work!

I was surprised to get a mention though! Those tutorials have been out for a while now! Hmmmm, I need to think of some new subject material to do some more!

And can I just say about the 'Race Off' image - a little over a week to do! Are you kidding me! It would take me a month to do something nowhere near as good! I'm amazed at the speed of some LightWave artists out there!

Makes me feel like a clumsy, knackered old bloke! :D

Jockomo
09-14-2009, 03:40 PM
No news on Core for the soft-core among us?

BeeVee
09-14-2009, 04:32 PM
@cresshead: I've sent the nice chaps at Elephorm a request for just that and will inform on progress in this thread.
@Matt: You got picked on because those are both great tutorials and the sIBL one was timely and because they were both in current threads when I wrote
@Jockomo: There is no more info that I can share at present, but as soon as there is it will be in there.

B

R.Feeney
09-14-2009, 04:43 PM
Nice work Ben:thumbsup:

plankton
09-14-2009, 06:44 PM
is that dvdset going to be available in australia too?

cresshead
09-15-2009, 12:00 AM
is that dvdset going to be available in australia too?

maybe if BeeVee can pull off an ozzy accent 'translation' :devil::D

G'daay Mates, in the first tutorial we'll make a billo bong scene!

akademus
09-15-2009, 01:44 AM
Hey, my tutorials are in too. Nice surprise. Thanks!

maybe if BeeVee can pull off an ozzy accent 'translation' :devil::D

G'daay Mates, in the first tutorial we'll make a billo bong scene!

No no no. In this tutorial we'll learn how to realistically model and surface a pint of piss! :D

MentalFish
09-15-2009, 01:48 AM
I am in too, weee, but I am still skeptical about having my picture plastered in there "Look at me, look at me" :D

But thanks BeeVee, appreciate the plug of what I am up to :)

OnlineRender
09-15-2009, 09:56 AM
http://i8.ebayimg.com/08/i/001/4b/f9/f62c_12.JPG

Edit wrong thread ohh well ...

BeeVee
09-15-2009, 01:36 PM
Hey!

That's *my* floppy disk. It has the MiG 27 from Goldeneye on it, in LWO format, courtesy of Alan Marques...

B

lede
09-17-2009, 05:41 PM
BeeVee,

Must say I've been shocked all day that one of my tutorials was watched let alone mentioned in a news letter. Thanks for making my day even though I had to reread the news letter 10 times to make sure it wasn't a typo :P

As for the rest of the news letter it was good to read what others are doing but again shows how little I know about the software I like to use.

-Lee

mikadit
10-04-2009, 12:17 PM
Thank you for the mention in the newsletter; maybe this is the first time I read it so late ... much concentrated on work, of course with LW. :D
It was a nice unexpected surprise!

tonyrizo2003
10-30-2009, 02:27 PM
very excited to see the Animeeple mocap thing happening, I am investigating mocap for a personal project and though I have used mocap at some of the studios I worked at. It is a far cry when you are paying for the tools yourself, though I cannot complain about PLK though as this has been a useful tool as well. I look forward to seeing this pipeline come to fruition.

Tony :)