PDA

View Full Version : Mirror a scene... Any ideas? Plugins? Multimirror?

Kaptive
09-13-2009, 12:55 PM
Hi guys,

I've got a scene I've created using Jimmy Rig of a character dancing. She spins and moves in one direction toward the centre, but I want to mirror this scene so that a second character can do the same but move in from the other side.

Does anyone know of a plug in that will completely mirror a scene? Or more specifically, mirror the bones and a character.

I read in an old features list for Lightwave, something called MultiMirror... but having searched for any information on it, there is no mention of it out side that list. Does anyone know what happened to this feature?

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas, or can simply point me in the direction of something that would do this job it would be extremely helpful.

Kind regards,

Kris

Hieron
09-13-2009, 06:44 PM
hehe, you're probably looking for something else. But can't you parent everything you need mirrored to a null and scale that -1 on x.

And then turn on double sided poly's, or swap the model with one inside out (which will flip back)

I'm not too much into char anim, so don't know if anything odd happens there. Works fine here on a industrial render.

adk
09-14-2009, 12:24 AM
hehe, you're probably looking for something else. But can't you parent everything you need mirrored to a null and scale that -1 on x.

And then turn on double sided poly's, or swap the model with one inside out (which will flip back)

I'm not too much into char anim, so don't know if anything odd happens there. Works fine here on a industrial render.

... what he said :thumbsup: plus you should not even have to flip anything. No better way to test it than giving it a go.

geo_n
09-14-2009, 01:15 AM
mirroring bones motion would be cool to have

Kaptive
09-14-2009, 01:53 AM
Ah... great idea! Good thinking. I'll give it a go. Many thanks!

SplineGod
09-14-2009, 04:10 AM
IKBoost allows motions to be copyied/paste/mirrored between rigs.

geo_n
09-14-2009, 08:32 PM
IKBoost allows motions to be copyied/paste/mirrored between rigs.

cool! will that mess up the weight maps?

Mr Rid
09-15-2009, 02:00 AM
...can't you parent everything you need mirrored to a null and scale that -1 on x....

Thats what I do. But I usually MDscan/MDplug it first to cut down on clutter.

SplineGod
09-15-2009, 05:27 AM
cool! will that mess up the weight maps?

No because its not mirroriing the bones, just t he motions. :)