PDA

View Full Version : aura liveset blurring of video, why?

stoecklem
09-11-2009, 05:18 PM
I don't understand why my input video is being blurred when I check simple or complex on the input in the plugin after i've simply applied a full screen layer. i understand keyhole passes the video straight through so that remains unblurred. but i thought simple or complex would enable me to warp or scale the video, but it wouldn't mess with it if it was just a full screen layer or NTSC layer. so you can scale the video, but it adds a huge blur?

i was wondering why my wide shots looked so bad in the studio. whats going on with this?

I appreciate your help.

oops.. i saw there was just a thread addressing this, but im having weird problems. stretching my input video... it should never be stretched right. I just create a 4:3 brush or full screen layer?

stoecklem
09-11-2009, 05:53 PM
okay.. the aspect ratio of the aura project needed to be on .9. wow I didn't realize what a signifigant blur it introduced. its not possible to create a good, clear fullscreen input with reflections. I see why people create sets with these tiny, restrictive input boxes. i have tended to make full screen video inputs, to account for more guests and make it easy for people to set up shots, prevent dissapearing hands,etc. its not looked terrible, but this explains a lot after some testing.