PDA

View Full Version : Will there be an animation layer system in LW Core?

Curly_01
09-11-2009, 12:03 PM
Hi,

The Blender guys are creating an animation layer system.

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Mikahl

Will there be an animation layer system in LW Core?

Maya already has this and character studio in Max also. So does XSI support animation layers.

Machstudio Pro is released. It's an external gpu rendering engine. LW Core should supports the gpu where applicable (in subd meshes.) I think helping the render engine is also a good idea. What more can we see from the gpu in LW core?

Kuzey
09-11-2009, 12:52 PM
I couldn't get them to reveal if any new features were activated at the beginning of this quarter.....I doubt they'll say anything unless they want to.

Kuzey

cresshead
09-12-2009, 07:35 AM
we'll find out on ** of *** :D
NDA n all that!:hey:

Titus
09-12-2009, 08:37 AM
I would think that eventually there WILL be an animation layer system in CORE - it just won't be in CORE1. It's one of the REALLY great things that MotionBuilder has had for a long time and would make animating (IMO) much easier since you can turn off layers that you are not working with and won't change them accidentally. It would be nice to see it in CORE2, but I won't be holding my breath.

maya 2009 inherited the layer system.

UnCommonGrafx
09-12-2009, 01:52 PM
Blasting from the past... and into the future,
Keyframe, by Mark Brown, has/had all this for lw. I am hopeful of having that and more. Particularly, one that uses motion mixer right along with it.

Amazing product features of the past seem to be the things we want the most.

Onion skinning anyone...?

bugzilla
09-13-2009, 09:01 AM
actually, Blender has had the NLA editor for several versions now. Lightwave currently has Motion Mixer which is very similar. I'd say layering is a bit different. XSI has a true animation layer system where you can add animation just like you can in Photoshop. No need to create clips and have them totally take over the animation channels. I hope LW Core has both systems in the future.