PDA

View Full Version : I want to stream using VT5 in Linux

CONFUSED
09-11-2009, 08:11 AM
Hello,

I have a Linux dedicated server to steam musical video. I know VT5 is not compatible with Linux, is there a way to stream using something else that I don't know about? Of course using VT5..

Thank you.

Zane Condren
09-11-2009, 08:27 AM
Ustream.tv offers both free(ad supported) and preminum Flash Based Web Streaming. NewTek uses their platform for all of our Live Webinars and they are a great solution. Here is a link to a video that explains how you connect TriCaster with Ustream http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/1452173.

Using VT5 is Slightly different with Ustream.

Follow these steps:

For VT5 its very Easy.

1. Make Sure VT5.2C

2. Download and install Flash Encoder 3 from Adobe.com

3. Follow the steps in the video to get the XML file from Ustream

4. Launch VT5

5. Minimize VT5 and open Flash Encoder Chose File Open in flash encoder and load the XML file downloaded from Ustream.

6. In The flash Encoder settings panel set the input size to 720x486, Chose the VT Video Device and the VT Audio device as the input sources.

7. Save these changes to a new profile.

8. Click Start Broadcast in Flash Encoder.

Now Everything that is sent out VT program out will be streamed. Note you will still need to use the Ustream broadcast console to start the stream live on the Ustream Site.

OnlineRender
09-11-2009, 09:24 AM
mythbuntu

walter801
12-10-2011, 07:27 AM
I tried the steps which you have posted, yet it did not work. I am using newtek, VT5 SX-84.
Is there any other way I can live stream for free using Ustream?

walter801
12-11-2011, 08:30 AM
Having gone thru the steps in streaming, my adobe encoder does not have video. Any help please