PDA

View Full Version : LightWave Mac v9.6 Hotfix/Cocoa Update - 10 Sep 2009

Chuck
09-10-2009, 05:00 PM
Hi, Mac 'Wavers! :)

Welcome to this week's progress note on our Mac development activities!

Cocoa/Hotfix LightWave v9.6.x: Apologies, the time got away from me this week! In our closed beta testing we've identified some additional issues to resolve for Snow Leopard compatibility, and some issues have cropped up in the OpenGL system in Modeler on both platforms, and the team is working on those. We want to clear those issues before we launch into Open Beta.

The IT folks have readied the Registration System to be able to handle Open Beta again, and for this past week Development and Marketing have been reviewing the communications changes needed in various aspects of the Reg System messages and emails to update them all for v9.6.1. Things should be ready to go by the time the team has the UI and OpenGL fixes done, and at that time we will commence the Open Beta.

That's it for this week!

Please Keep Those Bug Reports Coming: Getting in reports on any bugs you may have encountered but not yet reported is very important. Don't forget to include steps and content, as they are needed to insure that we can duplicate your bug properly and get it fixed. For those of you who need a refresher as to how to report bugs, check this link:

Instructions for Bug Report and Feature Request Database (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73227)

Kuzey
09-11-2009, 03:49 AM
Hi, Mac 'Wavers! :)

In our closed beta testing we've identified some additional issues to resolve for Snow Leopard compatibility, and some issues have cropped up in the OpenGL system in Modeler on both platforms, and the team is working on those. We want to clear those issues before we launch into Open Beta.

Mmmmmm....OpenGL, hope that fix solves a few issues for me :)

So there's no problem with OpenGL in Layout...interesting.

Keep at it Newtek :thumbsup:

Kuzey

jwiede
09-13-2009, 06:29 AM
If the apps are vaguely usable, and most areas in them can be tested, seems like time to let testers start finding the more subtle bugs and problems, as well as regression testing fixes put in for some of those recently-fixed bugs. History shows the OB participants are pretty efficient at exercising LW, and catching regressions from fixes.

4dartist
09-14-2009, 10:11 AM
9.6 Build: 1539
Mac OSX 10.6.1
8core Macpro
ATI X1900

I'll post a bug report but for me this one is huge. Open Lightwave, hit 'd' for display options> click 'open GL' tab> check off Multi-textures box> CRASH.

No scene loaded just default everything. Happens on my long time working install, fresh install, fresh configs, etc.

Hope this one gets squashed.

SpawnSP
09-14-2009, 11:35 AM
Yup. It also crashes for me.

lwanmtr
09-14-2009, 01:10 PM
I have been waiting before i get snow leopard. guess it's a good thing.

it will be good when Cocoa goes OB, as we have seen from the past, more often bugs were found pretty fast and resolved, since we have many folks hitting on it.

solferino
09-21-2009, 03:07 PM
9.6 Build: 1539
Mac OSX 10.6.1
8core Macpro
ATI X1900

I'll post a bug report but for me this one is huge. Open Lightwave, hit 'd' for display options> click 'open GL' tab> check off Multi-textures box> CRASH.

No scene loaded just default everything. Happens on my long time working install, fresh install, fresh configs, etc.

Hope this one gets squashed.

Tes...for me too.