PDA

View Full Version : how do i...

Hail
09-10-2009, 09:09 AM
i am trying to setup a slider for Fk/Ik blending. i find very easy setting it up for things like morph maps, object channels and so on. how do i do this for FK/IK blending, target items and pole items?

Thnx

RebelHill
09-10-2009, 09:32 AM
for IKFK, its a snap... setup a master channel... set teh IKFK blend envelope to be controlled by this with an expression, and add the master channel to a slider bank.

For target/pole, its a lil more involved... u need to create duplicate "sibling" bones/items which have the target/pole behaviou, then the main (original) versions are matched to those using the "same as item" motion controller, which can then be blended via an envelope, again, using the MC/exressions method to get the slider.

OnlineRender
09-10-2009, 04:19 PM
Rebillhill you should change your name to RIGMASTER , hows it going any ways ?

Hail
09-12-2009, 08:56 AM
for IKFK, its a snap... setup a master channel... set teh IKFK blend envelope to be controlled by this with an expression, and add the master channel to a slider bank.

For target/pole, its a lil more involved... u need to create duplicate "sibling" bones/items which have the target/pole behaviou, then the main (original) versions are matched to those using the "same as item" motion controller, which can then be blended via an envelope, again, using the MC/exressions method to get the slider.
ok here comes the rookie one. how do i set up a master channel.

RebelHill
09-15-2009, 05:52 AM
lol, no need for name changes.

And master channels you apply through master plugins... tbh you dont HAVE to use master channel... its just a channel that you make reference to, you could just as well use a channel off a null, or light, or anything else... MC is just nice and tidy for organisational purposes.

Hail
10-10-2009, 11:08 AM
thanx for the info man... but how do you write the expression for the fk ik slider? i tried doing it and it ddnt work. the way i went about it was
that, i created a null as you suggested and in the master plugins, added a master channel and gave it a name. i then selected the bone controlling the ik chain and in motion options panel went into the graph for the fkik blending, created an exppression and appended the fkik channel into the expression but when i validated it, i got a message telling me that there was no reference channel. what is a reference channel? and how do i reference it to the expression? i d be greatful if you could write me the expression and brief me on how it works.

thnx!

h2oStudios
10-10-2009, 01:36 PM
First create your IK chain. Take the fulltime IK operator bone and envelope the IK/FK Blending. Create a Master Channel - Utilities/ Master Plugins/ Master Channel, name it whatever you want/ Percentage option. With the envelope graph editor window open of your Fulltime Ik bone go to Expressions/ Expression Builder, choose the Utilities category/ Clamped MapRange<-expression. For the Controller field choose the MC (Master Channel) that you created earlier, for the Input Min choose Number -> 0.0, for Input Max -> 1.0, for Output Min -> 0.0, for Output Max -> 1.0. Create a Null for slider operation (name it whatever you want), click on Properties/ Add Custom Object/ Sliders, choose your MC. And viola, it should work just fine. I attatched a very simple example that I created in about 2 minutes. Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

Cheers!

Doh!

PS- this is the Clamped MapRange way -
clamp( ( mapRange([MC.ArmIKBlend],0.000,1.000,0.000,1.000) ) , 0.000 , 1.000 )

But I forgot that you don't have to use Clamped MapRange, you can just append the MC to the IK/FK expression, and it reads like this -

[MC.ArmIKBlend]

h2oStudios
10-10-2009, 01:48 PM
Am I long winded or what :D.

Hail
10-13-2009, 02:09 AM
great info men...! how about target and pole items? any codes...?
Thanx alot though!

Hail
10-15-2009, 03:14 PM
pleee...ze!

h2oStudios
10-15-2009, 03:30 PM
Oh sorry man, let me check some stuff out in regards to pole/targets as I mainly use PLG-IK for this kind of stuff and need to F around with native LW poles and such and I'll post it here.:thumbsup:

Hail
10-17-2009, 12:29 PM
No probs man, i've got the plg ik tools though but without any documentation. know where i can get that?

RebelHill
10-17-2009, 02:17 PM
PLG ik comes with a readme, which is the documentation... as for doing it with plain LW, I already answered that here...

h2oStudios
10-17-2009, 02:55 PM
here's a scene file of native LW:lwicon:IK with blending and pole. If you disect it you'll see the inner workings which are quite simple. Also I have to give credit to RebelHill for this style of setup as I don't usually use native LW IK, but instead am more used to PLG-IK stuff, and I based this one on a lesson from his Rigging tutorials which I just purchased a day or 2 ago <- I HIGHLY recommend you get these if you want to find out what rigging is all about:thumbsup:.

Hope that helps;).

Cheers!

Edit: oops, didn't even see ya there RH, haven't refreshed this page for almost an hour, lol. anyway, I hope Hail finds this useful.