PDA

View Full Version : About the 9.6 free trial and download

Oroborus
09-09-2009, 04:34 PM
I did the download for Mac and when I opened the program I get box "items" and not the "create" like I see in all the videos. All of the basic videos always start at a point far beyond the point for an ignorant like me, I don't know crap, so is there some place else for me to do some reading? I'm planing on studying at DAVE school and wanted to start learning before I start. This is a change of career for me and I'm a total beginner in this field, don't rip my head off as I'm planing on doing so myself!!! If I was to buy the program, which one should I buy?

Thanks,

Luix

Nicolas Jordan
09-09-2009, 04:59 PM
You may have been in Layout instead of modeler. While Layout has a tab named "modeler tools" you are far better off making your objects in the modeler program. Lightwave consists of 2 separate programs joined by a 3rd program to transfer info between them called the Hub. When you open the modeler program you will see the "create" tab in it with a number of primitives to start with.

Oroborus
09-09-2009, 06:50 PM
You may have been in Layout instead of modeler. While Layout has a tab named "modeler tools" you are far better off making your objects in the modeler program. Lightwave consists of 2 separate programs joined by a 3rd program to transfer info between them called the Hub. When you open the modeler program you will see the "create" tab in it with a number of primitives to start with.

I looked at my applications folder and found the modeler icon.

Thanks