PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave Object to Vector Graphic

MrWobbles
09-08-2009, 12:45 PM
I am looking for a plug in or something that will convert a lightwave object into a vector graphic for me. Is there anything like this out there? Thanks for your time, I look forward to hearing back.

safetyman
09-08-2009, 01:43 PM
The only one I know of that will do it automatically is Swift3D. It's not free, but it works pretty well, especially if you are doing animations. If it's just a static image, you can render the image like normal and then convert it to vector using Adobe Illustrator or CorelDraw. Flash is also a good choice if you have that.

joelaff
09-08-2009, 04:38 PM
I have Swift3d. It is decent, though it does not handle textures, if I recall. So you need to model everything in to the scene. I seem to recall it is also single threaded. Some operations are fairly slow. Allow yourself some R&D time to workaround issues.

bjornkn
09-08-2009, 06:34 PM
And you need to use it with an old version of LW, because in LW 9+ it only renders one single layer/object. But if you can animate with everything in a single layer you may be fine? Erain has known this for a long time (look at their forum), but there's still no sign of any upgrades afaik.
At least they have now finally added a little warning, http://erain.com/Products/Plug-ins/ after a lot of complaints.

shrox
09-08-2009, 06:43 PM
Would export as EPS work?