PDA

View Full Version : The plot obstacles to an alien prequel

prometheus
09-06-2009, 09:50 PM
http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/259949/the_plotobstacles_to_an_alien_prequel.html

give us your ideas..except saying no more aliens:)
Yeah maybe they should leave it alone but it would be fun to hear
if a plot really could be worked out that actually could gain interest and
could awoke horror again.

I would like to hear a little of this...
which actor/actress could pull this of in leading roles?

what director is up to the job?

if the two alien species are to show up (space jockey and xenomorph)
whatīs the relationship between them and origin for them both?

It seems to me that this article is discussing a little of what I had in mind
as a plot base for the movie, I had in mind an original alien homeworld.

no predators this time around thanks.

Michael

prometheus
09-06-2009, 11:16 PM
O well.. I must have missed it, how could I?

so Ridley scott is back at it again.
and the scripting by Jon Spaihts.

wonder how that will turn out.

Michael

cresshead
09-07-2009, 07:00 AM
as long as the story is good and they SPEND some cash on the production this time around then i'm quite hopeful.
[unlike 3 and 4]

Matt
09-07-2009, 12:16 PM
Just a quick thing:

Those comments on that page are missing the point about the blue light layer over the eggs in the Alien ship.

It was more than likely put there by the Space Jockey aliens as a protective layer to let them know if a facehugger got lose, which by all accounts was as disastrous for them as it is for humans.

This makes sense as we have never seen that 'blue layer' anywhere else but that ship.

Matt
09-07-2009, 12:31 PM
Also, I don't see any plots holes that might invalidate a prequel.

The fact that Ash was replaced at the last minute opens up many possibilities.

Weyland Yutani could have encountered the Aliens before in a failed mission, which naturally they would have kept quiet. This means you could have a totally new cast with no problems.

The fact that the Alien species has never had a specified home planet means they could be present on other worlds before the first Alien film, but we never knew because the story was picked up at this point.

So the 'company' could have been searching for worlds that host the alien species and had Ash planted to ensure the ship was 'directed' close to planets of 'interest' after finding out the rough location of a 'possible' planet.

The fact that there was a distress signal could just have been coincidence, or deliberate so as not to raise suspicion of the Nostromo crew members. There was certainly a lot of 'did the company know / didn't they' scenarios in the Alien film. Especially the 'crew expendable' message.

So, my take on a valid premise for a prequel:

We see a previous crew / military operation attempting to capture the Alien species (maybe battling the Space Jockey Aliens for ownership?) It all goes wrong but near the end, someone in that crew gets a message to the company as to a planet that might have the aliens (cue distress signal for first Alien film) or the Space Jockey Aliens escape said planet with the Aliens, but again a message as to their general trajectory is passed back, cue Ash being replaced on Nostromo to help 'guide' the ship to the planets rough location, then cue distress signal for first Alien film which helps locate it.

A battle between humans / Space Jockey Aliens / Aliens could be interesting if done right.

shrox
09-07-2009, 12:38 PM
What if the Aliens had technology, but for what ever reason the ones we find have been stripped naked of it, like modern humans living in a cave or ruins. The Aliens are still bad *** enough to be a major threat though, while we are not really equipped to survive like they could.

RebelHill
09-07-2009, 12:46 PM
I always thought Dark Horse's "Theory of alien propogation" was a great prequel-ish type piece... Not that it'd make much of a movie though.

Matt
09-07-2009, 01:04 PM
I always thought Dark Horse's "Theory of alien propogation" was a great prequel-ish type piece... Not that it'd make much of a movie though.

Alien War is another possible new film, where the Aliens get to Earth and wreak havoc, but that's not much of a prequel.

prometheus
09-07-2009, 01:53 PM
well yeah letīs see what ridley scott will do of it.
Maybe there will be some good possibilities to do the story before
Nostromo.
But I feel that it would be more interesting to to a sequel since that
will eliminate the "I know what will happen after this" and therefore I believe
it can have more nerv and suspense than a back story.

I have to check those other stuff..

I skimmed through The Alien planet script , and some things sounds very
interesting while some thing might not fit in.
http://alienv.blogspot.com/

or direct link
https://www.box.net/shared/vkcjqt4ajt

thereīs a little crossposting from me discussing Alien series with similarities on another thread at..
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?p=923348#post923348

Michael