PDA

View Full Version : Object Limit Help?

joelaff
09-04-2009, 07:42 PM
Whenever I save my scene and reopen it, or when I net render, only the first 1000 objects are enabled to be rendered (the little active checkmark in the scene editor). I can enable them in LW, but I have no way to get these to render in ScreamerNet.

I seem to recall an old object limit. But I am having trouble finding that in the configs.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Mr Rid
09-05-2009, 02:00 AM
It may be an object limit bug I barely remember reading about recently.

arsad
09-05-2009, 05:47 AM
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?p=915937

this thread might be of interest! A little plug to activate all objects, made by svenarts is also available there.

another thread about this bug:
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94493

joelaff
09-06-2009, 09:02 PM
Yeah, I found that thread. Does that plug work in Screamnet, or only activate the objects in Layout?

I ended up rendering using HVs, which do not have the issue. But this is a SERIOUS bug, and that fact that the 9.6.1 beta is only for hardcore members is purely ludicrous. I haven't done it because I don't do much modeling (hire that). So I don't need the new modeling tools...

Newtek should wake up and make the beta as it was for 9.6. I didn't even get an announcement that there going to be a beta... What kind of customer communication is that?

joelaff
09-06-2009, 10:44 PM
That was my first thought, but according to those other threads it is a bug.

Also, when I checked my LW configs no longer had a MaxObjects or MaxLights, etc. like the older versions did. Also, adding it manually has no effect on the bug...

joelaff
09-06-2009, 11:34 PM
I tried to write a Master LScript to enable all objects, but I cannot find the docs on ItemActive(), and LWSN crashes when you call SelectItem() in LWSN. So unless there is some way to set ItemActive without selecting the item I am not sure if this is possible...

joelaff
09-06-2009, 11:40 PM
The thing is that you need a script that will activate all the object in LWSN as well. I do not render from LW directly (have a big farm and use BNR).

philippe
09-07-2009, 02:33 AM
The only solution for us has been to roll back to 9.3.1 :(( when the scene contains more than 1000 objects
We can`t use Svenarts script because some of the objects in the scene must be turned off (for baking)
Thank you Newtek !!