PDA

View Full Version : Solo Function on VT[4] & VT[5] Audio Mixer Section

Quiet1onTheSet
09-04-2009, 01:59 PM
Ripped-off from a TriCaster Forum, where someone needed info on how to allow Tallent to hear the mix, minus himself...

Do you have a mixing board? If so google "mix minus".

If you are just using the TC, you will need to get fancy with the solo button. Brain is tired now, but send the headphone audio to your Skype guest and solo what you want them to hear (ie not themselves). Then you will need to get some audio for you to hear, use the TC line outs to an amplified speaker, or a little headphone box, or RCA to 1/8".
http://www.ramelectronics.net/audio-video/adapters/rca-to-1-8-3-5mm-adapters/35-558/prod35558.html

There are some shortcomings with this setup, but it should work.

That post by Rally1 provokes me to ask a question I;ve had never managed to remember to ask, relative to VT:
While TriCasters have a Solo button at the top of each channel strip on the virtual Audio Mixer -- is there any VT Audio Mixer function that provides a way to "solo" individually selected audio inputs within VT[4] and/or VT[5]?

Assuming there are no "Solo" switch within each channel strip on the virtual Audio Mixer, in VT[x], is there a workaround for selecting which inputs you want to solo? (Channel Mute doesn't appear to have a Solo function, unless I'm missing something.

As a mere shot in the dark, I've got a suspicion that somehow, the PA Mix output on SX 8, used in tandem with the PA Mix pot on the Audio Mixer, is supposed to aid in this functionality, but haven't figured out just how, yet. If I'm onto something, what critical info/details am I missing?

Any ideas? Thanks in advance, all.
Q1

jcupp
09-08-2009, 01:35 PM
The solo function on the TC is, more or less, the Aux bus on the VT with simpler controls

PIZAZZ
09-08-2009, 03:14 PM
The solo function on the TC is, more or less, the Aux bus on the VT with simpler controls

Or you could look at it as the Back channels of the VT card. :)

Quiet1onTheSet
09-09-2009, 10:04 AM
As a mere shot in the dark, I've got a suspicion that somehow, the PA Mix output on SX 8, used in tandem with the PA Mix pot on the Audio Mixer, is supposed to aid in this functionality, but haven't figured out just how, yet. If I'm onto something, what critical info/details am I missing?

Thanks for your "input" on the "Where's the Solo functionality on VT", Jef and Jeff!

Solo on TriCaster is sort of a truncated offspring of the VT Aux Buss (on VT[4]] or Back Channel for VT[5]?

OK! Now, "armed" with that revelation, I'm still fiddling around looking for the equivalent of a "Solo Switch" on each and every channel strip on the VT[5] audio mixer. Hmmmm. Where are they? Totally missing from the design of the virtual mixer GUI altogether? Or are they staring me in the face?

Thanks in advance, to you gentlemen, and to any with additional ideas on this (Where's Bob Anderson when ya' need'em?)
:)

Q1

PIZAZZ
09-09-2009, 10:08 AM
All you have to do is connect to the Back/Rear outputs of the SX84 or VTCard itself. When you want to solo a DDR, you would select B above that DDR. You could go so far as to completely reskin the Audio Mixer to say SOLO if you like. The hard audio input channels would need a little more work. If it is something that you want done then I could do it for a fee. Skinning is very time consuming.

Quiet1onTheSet
09-09-2009, 10:29 AM
All you have to do is connect to the Back/Rear outputs of the SX84 or VTCard itself. When you want to solo a DDR, you would select B above that DDR. You could go so far as to completely reskin the Audio Mixer to say SOLO if you like

wOw! Jef. That's fast service! Thanks!

What a neat workaround. Thanks a bunch, and no thanks; New skinning isn't deemed necessary here, but I *was* looking all over the place trying to figure out, "...Now, how could the kuel folks at the 'Traz -- a fair number of them being capable musicians, have left the "Solo" switches out of the "mix"?"

But hey, the "Back" button for each channel strip, used in association with the "Back" output on the VT[5] card (simulating TriCaster's headphone out, I suppose) is good enough for me to rock with. *Now* I get it!

Again, huge thanks to you both!
:hey:
Q1