PDA

View Full Version : Broken CC, suggestions ?

SaturnX
09-02-2009, 06:21 PM
I've been doing alot of modelling lately using both native SubDs and CC.
CCs have been behaving okay for the most part, but recently I've an object that is broken up at the edges using CC, and i cant seem to figure out a fix for it. (outside of course scrapping the CC routine?)

Usually when this happens, its a question of erasing the edge weights and merging points etc etc, and copy pasting back into the layer... but this time I cant seem to figure this out at all.

Any suggestions?

JeffrySG
09-02-2009, 07:22 PM
You could always try to export as an OBJ file then re-import. That will get rid of any weighting you might have. Then you can try to go in and merge or fix any geometry on the striped down clean model. Work on a copy obviously.

zardoz
09-03-2009, 05:23 AM
do you have any morph? check that. Usually when I can't merge points it's because I created some morph.

SaturnX
09-03-2009, 05:43 AM
You could always try to export as an OBJ file then re-import. That will get rid of any weighting you might have. Then you can try to go in and merge or fix any geometry on the striped down clean model. Work on a copy obviously.

Thanks for the replies guys.

JefferySG, exporting to obj and importing again seemed to work wonders.
The edge splits are gone at last, phew.
Good call!

Sensei
09-07-2009, 11:03 AM
Download Adjust Sharpness from http://www.trueart.eu, and use it on whole object. Wrong edge sharpness should be removed (if that was problem).

zardoz
09-08-2009, 03:04 AM
I still think you could try the morph suggestion. Sometimes you make a morph and separate the points there...then after a while I totally forget about the morph and I'm at the base trying to merge points and they simply don't merge because of the morph.

Sensei
09-08-2009, 04:54 AM
I still think you could try the morph suggestion. Sometimes you make a morph and separate the points there...then after a while I totally forget about the morph and I'm at the base trying to merge points and they simply don't merge because of the morph.

Not just morph, but also weight, uv, color map, basically any vertex map..

SaturnX
09-08-2009, 03:02 PM

I'm hard surface modeling at the moment anyway, so no morphs at present.
But i've logged what you mentioned in my head for future reference ;)

Download Adjust Sharpness from http://www.trueart.eu, and use it on whole object. Wrong edge sharpness should be removed (if that was problem). .

Thanks for the link sensei, that's a handy wee plugin. thanks!