PDA

View Full Version : External timecode.

multicam
09-02-2009, 05:49 PM
I have searched for information on this and as yet not found the info that I want, can anyone provide an answer on external timecode.

Is there a provision for the input of "house" timecode?

The purpose for this is if useing the 3play recordings in a post situation to tidy up a programme the TC will match the Master VT recording TC.
Alan. :newhere:

SBowie
09-02-2009, 08:51 PM
Not at present, but stay tuned ...

multicam
09-03-2009, 12:55 AM
Thanks for that info Steve its good to hear.

If the 3play was purchased in the next few months and this feature wasn't included, is it likely that it would be a software upgrade (assuming there's a spare BNC available) or a mod available as an upgrade at that time.

I should also say I think the product looks brilliant and for those of us that can't justify an EVS but want similar results, this has to be the answer! Alan.

SBowie
09-03-2009, 06:20 AM
If the 3play was purchased in the next few months and this feature wasn't included, is it likely that it would be a software upgrade (assuming there's a spare BNC available) or a mod available as an upgrade at that time. It's a bit early for specific predictions, but your request isn't the first. About all I can say is that NewTek is historically extremely fair about updates, and any costs that might be involved if hdwe. mods were involved.

I should also say I think the product looks brilliant and for those of us that can't justify an EVS but want similar results, this has to be the answer!Well, we can't disagree with that, can we? :)

jcupp
09-03-2009, 10:45 AM
As an temporary solution you could always use LTC recorded to one of the 12 audio tracks