PDA

View Full Version : Bones 'n Stuff

genesis1
08-31-2009, 01:20 PM
Hi,
I've been trying to create some bones in modeler but when I add it to the figure and send it to layout, I find some bones detached. Is there a quick way of re-attatching them? I've got one hand thats not joined to the wrist.:help:

Jon.

SplineGod
08-31-2009, 04:14 PM
select the base hand bone and parent it to the wrist. You can do that
by hitting he m key, using the scene editor or hitting f7.

genesis1
09-01-2009, 08:25 AM
Is there a way of doing this in Modeler. I seem to be missing something. I wanted to make sure all the skelegons are together in modeler before sending it over to layout. I have'nt done much rigging as you can tell, so I'm having problems getting to grips with it. Is there a good tut anywhere to help me?

Jon.

SplineGod
09-01-2009, 08:36 AM
If te skelegons are welded to each other they will be parented to each other in layout.
Personally I prefer to create and place the bones in layout because you dont have a lot of the gotchas that skelegons have.

RebelHill
09-01-2009, 09:10 AM
Is there a way of doing this in Modeler. I seem to be missing something. I wanted to make sure all the skelegons are together in modeler before sending it over to layout. I have'nt done much rigging as you can tell, so I'm having problems getting to grips with it. Is there a good tut anywhere to help me?

Jon.

Theres loads of lil things that go on. It helps to create your skelegons in the correct order, making sure that their vertices are welded... you can also setup the parenting order in modeller itself with the "skelegon tree".

Personally Ive always found it much quicker to layout the skele's in modeller, as you can move them around very quickly and easily using the good ol drag, scale, etc tools (dont try scaling bnoes in layout for setup purposes, no no no, lol)... but I prefer setting up the parenting order in layout... which is a very quick process that only takes a couple of mins at most.

For good walkthroughs of everything u could want or need to know about such things... see my sig.

Castius
09-01-2009, 10:45 AM
I sometimes prefer Skelegon when laying out my bones. And there are times i did not want to weld them. So i wrote a tool to save parent relationships. It's called SR_Parent_Set/SR_Import_Parent_Set. They are part of my SR_Re_skelegon tools.
http://steelronin.com/plugins.htm#Re_skelgon
http://steelronin.com/plugins/SR_Re_skelegon_v0.1.2.zip

Once you set up your parenting in layout you can save it. So if you have to reimport your skelegons. You won't have to reparent them.

genesis1
09-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Thanks all. Load of good stuff there to get my teath into, or is that my Brain I should say.
Not being as experienced as most of you, this forum is a god send for info and help!
Thanks.