PDA

View Full Version : Wierd bug

v1u1ant
08-31-2009, 08:28 AM
Hi.

Using 9.6, i just need to report something buggy about it.
Sorry if its the wrong place to report any bugs as this version is no longer in Beta:).

Its something with the surface editor (and for instance in the texture editors) colour buttons. I create a new surface and then open surface editor, try to apply a colour using the square colour button and then Modeler just hangs and get constant 'ping' noises when i try and click on anything inside Modeler, and i have to do a Force Quit App. After i relaunch, i can go into the surface editor, then click on texture colour button, into the gradient tool, then try and click on the colour box, same thing happens.

Cant click on anything without a ping, so need to Force Quit and relaunch.

My hub is calling up LW Layout and Modeler 9.5.1 (although they dont physically open) aswell as opening up v 9.6, has that anything to do with it?

Maybe im doing something wrong, but beats the hell out of me what it is.

Ah yea im on Mac OSx 10.5.8

Cheers

toby
08-31-2009, 05:16 PM
The ping means there's a dialog window open somewhere, I've never heard it otherwise - maybe it's falling behind the main window?

v1u1ant
08-31-2009, 06:25 PM
Ah so it is, but i have to Hide the application from the dock and then show the the app from the dock again, and hey presto i see the Colour selector palette.

Then i shut that down, move my main window over to one side and hit the colour selector box again in the surface editor and i have to do the same thing to be able to pick my colour as the colour selector box always hides behind the main modeler UI.

Maybe ill just start using the RGB values instead, as having to minimize the app everyime I want to pick a colour is a ball ache.

If only a small ball ache.

Wouldnt this be considered a bug of some kind anyway???

Cheers for the help though

dwburman
08-31-2009, 09:15 PM
Yes, that'd be a bug and should be reported. (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73227)

You could try switching to the LW color picker and see if that works better.

v1u1ant
09-01-2009, 02:55 PM
Cheers dwburman, that certainly helps, although i prefer the default colour picker, i guess ill have to learn to love the Lightwave one.

Anyway bug submitted.

Cheers