PDA

View Full Version : Single segment render?

jaxtone
08-29-2009, 11:22 AM
Well, theres must be a first for everything, and this message is pretty rare since itīs the first time I see it.

Anyone out there having a good explanation to why and where I go from here?

The Scene must be rendered in single segment. Increase the segment memory limit...

dee
08-31-2009, 10:40 AM
Render Manual page 408. Go to Render Globals -> General Tab and down on the right side click on Segment Memory Limit to increase memory.

Otterman
08-31-2009, 12:25 PM
Yeah remember you need enough segment memory to cover a single pass. Bang it high and you will be ok. The only problem is when you hit your memory capacity or the memory limit of the program. 64bit with oodles of ram and your laughing...unlike me, love lightwave on the mac but still being 32bit sucks!

jaxtone
09-01-2009, 04:41 AM
Hey and thanks for the information, now Iīve already fixed this with help from a very nice dude from Helsingborg. Maybe I should have written this in this thread but actually forget about it. Anyway this might be good information for other wavers that need to know.

I run LW on a computer with 64bit Vista Ultimate as OS on it, so some 32bit applications just as LW are installed for both 32bit and 64bit solutions. But if I increase the segment memory size in the 32bit version of LW I also have to increase it separately in the 64bit version!

Is the Segment memory sixe eating RAM or what? In that case I got 8 GB on this machine but what is the preference for what size is the optimal when increasing the Segment Memory size? I gave LW 128 MB but do I really have any use for higher values as well?

How much is "much" enough?

Otterman
09-01-2009, 04:47 AM
Hey Jaxtone-im rendering right now so i cant see but im pretty sure it tells you how many segments it will use right below when you input the memory size.

Otterman
09-01-2009, 05:16 AM
Yes indeedy it does