PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Start When?

jaxtone
08-29-2009, 03:15 AM
I got the letter M modeled and textured in concrete material. I also have a red ballon that are supposed to be smashed to the ground by the letter M. The ballon are manually animated to start falling at frame 30 and hits the ground and explodes at frame 35.

I had the scene up and running a week ago but probably moved the letter Mīs start position to try another solution but shamefully enough I forget how I did move the dynamic references. When I now try to find my way back to the original position where the Balloon and the letter M were synchronized I just donīt get it. Are there any graph menu for the Dynamics as well cause I cannot find any technical information in the usual Graph Editor. If anyone in here have useful information about how to edit dynamics I would appreciate your exptertise!

SplineGod
08-29-2009, 05:36 AM
You can edit the dynamics using the editfx tool. Theres no graph editor options unfortunately.

jaxtone
08-29-2009, 11:20 AM
Sorry to ask this but is the EditFX a function within Lightwave Layout and if so where do I find it?

You can edit the dynamics using the editfx tool. Theres no graph editor options unfortunately.

SplineGod
08-29-2009, 11:26 AM
Lets say you run a cloth sim on an object. In the cloth panel theres an editfx tab.
From there you can further tweak what the clothsim did.
Under the hardfx panel there would be a similar tab. Even particles can be edited as well.

jaxtone
08-30-2009, 08:32 PM
Hi Larry!

I feel kind of stupid when a single word makeīs things more complicated than they really are. This was the first place I looked in but I couldnīt find any settings there that could change the start time of the dynamic process. I rebuilt the whole scene since it took me less time than search for this function... am I a coward or what? :)

SplineGod
08-30-2009, 11:45 PM
You can control the start time by using the start by event option. Once the simulation has run its course you can edit the path etc using editfx tool. You would use a collision object set to even to be the trigger.