PDA

View Full Version : template names

mmustard
08-28-2009, 01:30 PM
Using my Tricaster Pro I have created page templates using The Edit Text Tab interface. I created the page and used the "add page to templates" choice in the add page dropdown list. The new pages are named "Untitled" 100,101, etc.

In my VT5 I can double click on these template names and change them to something more intuitive. How the Heck do I do this with Tricaster.

I have tried every combination of hot keys to no avail. (I did find out however; to delete a template from the list you hit enter and left mouse click for the delete prompt. Try and find that in the "Manual")

This should be easy some one please tell me I'm just missing something obvious..PLEASE

SBowie
08-28-2009, 03:41 PM
I have tried every combination of hot keys to no avail. (I did find out however; to delete a template from the list you hit enter and left mouse click for the delete prompt. Try and find that in the "Manual")Interesting. I can't replicate that behavior.

I think what you're after here is basically a feature request. Edit Media doesn't have this ability afaik.

bob anderson
09-15-2009, 04:57 PM
Hey Steve. I'm at a client's place right now and having some similar issues as well. They are using LiveText which complicates things even more. They want to create CGs and have them appear in the default list under their own name. Also, I can't find where to delete pages that were added using the "Add Page to Template List".

The folder on LiveText where the default pages live is:

LiveText/Skins/CG/Template.cg.Pages

but the file names in here have notining to to with the file names that appear in the pop up list, and once again, the "untitled" pages aren't in there.

Can you offer any insight into this?

Thanks

Bob Anderson

SBowie
09-16-2009, 08:33 AM
They want to create CGs and have them appear in the default list under their own name. Also, I can't find where to delete pages that were added using the "Add Page to Template List".I'm not aware of any mechanism that allows you to renmae the templates, Bob, sorry. This is a notable design flaw imho (modifying the list is not something readily done even manually afaik), and something that will be addressed in a future release. :(

There is, however, an undocumented way to remove entries from the template list. Hold down shift while clicking on the template name in the drop-down.

bob anderson
09-16-2009, 01:35 PM
A W S O M E!

Thanks.

Bob