PDA

View Full Version : add new motion controls for text edit.

luis.ayuso
08-27-2009, 11:54 PM
Seeing as getting full fledged animated graphics may not seem doable. how about adding new motion controls to the text edit tab to mimic a few animated effects. like say wipe. wiping across an image instead of just MOVING it. would do SOO MUCH better. so you don't see the graphic. then the wipe goes say from left to right making the image appear.

adding the ability to make different layer wipe at different times would be even better. like in the image i attached. if i split the white and dark bar into two images, i could wipe the dark bar in first, then slightly after the white bar appears. giving it a NICE effect.

other effects like minimizing in, or minimizing out on an anchor point. so it blows up from an anchor point or it shrinks into one.

these should be simple since its programmable to be an action and not just some crazy video rendering.

but a lot of my emphasis would be for this to be done on a PER LAYER basis. so people can build a more complex animation. i want to build in photoshop and make it amazing on the tricaster. cmon newtek give me some basic CG animation that looks good. this moving across thing doesn't look good at all for lower-thirds

bob anderson
09-08-2009, 12:39 PM
Some of what you are asking for is already there, by creating your text in the editor. I've been doing the "maximize/minimize" thing you mention for years.

Bob Anderson

UnCommonGrafx
09-08-2009, 08:43 PM
All of what you speak of is available. It's all VERY manual to do, though. The tools are there, they are just buried. Even a wipe is possible with edges animated.

luis.ayuso
02-02-2010, 08:30 PM
hmm.. not to bring up this old thing... but your saying i can do a mask wipe? because i don't want to animate it by stretching the image out... but reveal it with a moving or expanding mask. i'll pick up the manual and get back to that.. but all advisory is helpful.

luis.ayuso
02-02-2010, 08:31 PM
oh and if it really is that burried, a better UI for the text edit area wold be awesome to have, along with more controls and options for more creativity.