PDA

View Full Version : shapes as particles: better randomness?

Johnny
08-27-2009, 12:48 PM
I've set up a particle system which throws out shapes which I've made, each on its own layer in modeler..when I animate a clip with this thing in Layout, it works great in terms of shooting out a mix of the shapes.

however, I wonder if there's a way I can affect HOW the particle generator selects shapes and colors TO shoot out.

mostly, the randomness is pretty good. I seem to have instances of several different GREEN shapes at a time, or maybe red. Or, maybe I'll get more of one kind of shape and fewer of others.

I have 13 shapes and each one is in four different colors with slightly different surfaces. So, 52 in all, each one equally represented in both number per shape, and different color per shape.

I don't need the size to vary, or the rotation. I would like to tinker with the randomness of the selection of this shape or that, in this color or that.

Do I need to adjust the names of the shapes? Is this how the particle emitter "decides" which shape to throw out?

the reason I'm asking rather than simply trying it is that it takes a long time to adjust each and every shape in the file, then do a test. I'm hoping somebody can share their experience of having done it.

thanks for any insight.

Johnny

dandeentremont
08-29-2009, 04:17 PM
This thread I posted on spinquad may be relevant to your interests:
http://spinquad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26487