PDA

View Full Version : Dual Platform Use of Lightwave

MysteryMonkey
08-27-2009, 09:42 AM
Hi All,

A quick question about Lightwave and platform use. I believe I already know the answer but I need to be sure because I am asking this question for a student who wants to buy Lightwave right now to use on his PC, but he plans on getting a new iMac very soon. With the current version shipping of LW 9.6 he will be able to install it on both platforms and use it on both platforms as long as he registers it and gets the proper key file for each platform from LW Support, CORRECT? He will just have to move the supplied dongle back and forth between his computers when he wants to work with it on a different machine, RIGHT? Are there any other special concerns or problems he may encounter?

Thanks,

Kim

MysteryMonkey
08-27-2009, 10:17 AM
Hi All,

A quick question about Lightwave and platform use. I believe I already know the answer but I need to be sure because I am asking this question for a student who wants to buy Lightwave right now to use on his PC, but he plans on getting a new iMac very soon. With the current version shipping of LW 9.6 he will be able to install it on both platforms and use it on both platforms as long as he registers it and gets the proper key file for each platform from LW Support, CORRECT? . . .

Asked & Answered! I found the answer in the FAQs. The answer is yes. I tried to copy and paste the URL for the answer into here but it doesn't seem to work.

http://www.newtek.com/faq/index.phpprimary=LightWave%203D&question=367