PDA

View Full Version : Copy keys destroys motion path

biliousfrog
08-27-2009, 09:31 AM
The attached mov is a bit messed up thanks to the capture software but it should be obvious to see what's happening when I explain it.

The animation requires a jigsaw to cut a kitchen worktop in two different ways but essentially following the exact same motion path.

I have already created the path for the first section and just need to copy the motion to later in the animation.

I select the keys, ctrl+RMB and drag to copy the keys to later in the timeline. The keys have exactly the same values but the motion path is all messed up.

I've also tried setting the motion to repeat in the graph editor with exactly the same results.

A colleague that I am working with has tried this and it works perfectly on his machine, however, I get the same results in 32bit and 64bit.

I'm running 9.6 on XP 64bit, 8-core BOXX with 8gb RAM.

I also have a problem with deleting motion keys in the graph editor, if I delete or move a key on one channel it does the same with all keys on that frame in all channels.

I've tried deleting configs but it still happens, next thing to try is re-installing Lightwave...not looking forward to that mid-project.

Castius
08-27-2009, 10:57 AM
Is it possible the change in tangents after copying are effecting it's motion?

biliousfrog
08-27-2009, 11:02 AM
Here's a cut down version of the scene with the jigsaw object replaced by a null.

The second set of keys has been copied from the first, nothing else has been adjusted. Both sets of keys should be exactly the same, however, the actual motion paths are quite different.

biliousfrog
08-27-2009, 11:06 AM
Is it possible the change in tangents after copying are effecting it's motion?

I'm not really sure what's happening, the keys appear to be identical so, in theory, so should the motion.

It's strange that my colleague can copy the keys following the same procedure and they work perfectly. I have actually imported the object from his scene which has the copied motion keys because it is ok.

Castius
08-27-2009, 12:09 PM
It's a bug. It's shifting your rotatin keys by 50 frames. because they start keys are not on the same frame.

But you can fix your problem by adding keys to line up in the beginning of the copy. Or you can just copy the keys from frame 50 to the end. Because you havea key on all channels on frame 50.

For example you have key on position X on frame 0. But no key on any of the other channels. So if you just set a key on frame 0 on position Z and rotation H. Then copy all will be well in the world.

This should be reported to Newtek. Let me know if you want me to make the report.

biliousfrog
08-27-2009, 12:45 PM
Thanks.

It's wierd that it is only happening on this computer, I've had a lot of issues with the graph editor on here.

I've sent a report in.