PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma City Area users?

jimnokc
08-27-2003, 07:34 AM
Are there any LightWave users (beginners, experts, professionals, hobbyist) in the Oklahoma City and surrounding areas (Norman, Moore, MidWest City, Del City, Edmond, Yukon, etc)?

I can't imagine I'm the only one here, I know we probably don't have the makings of a huge user group, but I'm sure there are a few of us who could get together monthly, or whenever, and talk LightWave, tips and tricks, etc. In fact, if we can scrounge up half a dozen or so, I've got five lovely wooded acreas on the outskirts of town that would be perfect for a BBQ (in fact, I've got some heavily wooded acreage behind my house that could be used for a weekend LightWave camp retreat!) hahhaha

Seriously, there has to be more than just me. I consider myself beginner/intermediate. I love playing with new plug-ins and just playing with LW to see what I can do. I also do some freelance writing, you can find a review of the book LightWave 7.5 Lighting in the latest issue of Keyframe (Issue #34).

So, I thought perhaps I'd toss this out there and maybe a couple of other OKC folks might be keeping track of this forum as well!

Jim Logsdon

fyrissian
09-12-2005, 10:28 PM
Tulsa area here. I'm pretty sure there *must* be other okies out there using Lightwave, since the books appear and disappear in the local Border's bookstore -- but I haven't seen, heard, or smelled one. It'd be nice, though...

jjburton
09-13-2005, 03:02 PM
I'm a displaced Okie. Born and raised in Bethany:). Work has brough me to Chicago for now. Glad to see there is some lightwave love in OKC. Hope you find some more.

I-PARTICLES
10-05-2005, 04:56 PM
Im 4 hours from Oklahoma City
my email in [email protected]
shane

XiliX
10-07-2005, 10:33 AM
I work in OKC, but live a bit south of Norman. I'm just getting my feet wet in 3D design, but would love to get an OKC user group going.

XiliX

Knight Chat X
10-08-2005, 01:02 AM
From Tulsa, Oklahoma here.

nemac4
10-09-2005, 10:38 PM
I was running a Tulsa Lightwave user group a couple of years ago but stopped due to various reasons. I've been thinking of trying to get it started again if there is enough interest. If you are in the Tulsa area feel free to PM or email me about it.

cking74
05-14-2006, 01:26 AM
Hey, I live in OKC (almost in Edmond) and just began learning 3d in Jan. I have been absolutely DYING to meet with ANYONE in the area who is a L.W. user. I even went to the Newtek show a couple of weeks ago Just to meet other people in the area, but there were only 5 other people there:thumbsdow My e-mail is: [email protected]