PDA

View Full Version : Vista tablet driver

Dodgy
08-26-2009, 10:52 AM
Hi all,

I just received a Genius tablet F610. It's very nice if a bit laggy if you haven't used the pen in a while, but it uses the Vista tablet driver, which doesn't have support for middle mouse clicking. You can set the pen button 1 to be right click, but there's no option for setting the pen button 2 to middle mouse button. The Genius own driver for XP allows you to set the buttons up, but there's no Vista specific driver. Anyone know how I could work around this?

rdolishny
09-03-2009, 02:08 PM
I thought we'd upgrade a few of our NLEs with this brand of tablet and after a few days of fussing we sent them all back and spend the 3X premium for Wacoms.

Which is what we wanted anyway, but they can be pricey.

That tablet you're testing was really strange and was slow. We get better performance with a $89 Bamboo!

PS any way to fix the problem with moving geometry with a pen in Modeler? A tablet works in all parts of LW except when translating (moving/rotating/scaling) in Modeler. We keep the mouse handy just for that reason.

3D Kiwi
09-03-2009, 05:27 PM
Hows it going you dodgy bugger, I just scored a Aiptek tablet and have found that the drivers for that give you the middle mouse function. Here is a link.

http://www.aiptek.com/drivers/hp12u/

The tablet you have looks much the same as the aldi ones pete and martian have and those pens work on my tablet. I also looked at the software that installs with there tablet and it seams to be the same as what mine uses.

I have an issue when i downloaded the drivers from the above website that the middle mouse button wouldnt work, even tho there is is asetting for it. I ended up just using the driver that comes with the tablet and it is working ok on xp and vista. So give the driver above a shot if it dosnt work let me know and i can get you the driver that came with my tablet. Think it would be small enough to email to you.

3D Kiwi
09-04-2009, 12:08 AM
OK how funny is that, i read this thread then i start having problems with my tablet. I have attached the drivers for the cheaper aldi tablets which seams to be much the same as the one you have, and strangley enough is the same driver as mine. I says it supports xp and vista and i have been able to set up the middle mouse button. Hope this helps you out.