PDA

View Full Version : Occlusion shader issues

RaVeN{base}
08-24-2009, 11:53 AM
I am trying to "light" my scene with an occlusion II node, giving the appearance of a global illumination. I have it going to the input of a gradient, that attaches to the color channel.

In my scene, I've got an object with an animated transparency map. My problem is that the objects that are close to the one with the trans map have weird looking shading going on, because the occlusion is just doing it's job. Can I get the occlusion shader on my other objects to ignore that one object with the transparency map?

Thanks!

malzor
08-25-2009, 03:53 PM
hey i'm having the exact same issue. I read a little something about that SG occlusion node, that you can ignore transparency. That would be perfect! but i'm on a mac, and have only found it for PC. Is there an alternative??

gerardstrada
08-28-2009, 05:39 AM
Occlusion II takes into account transparency here.

Gerardo

rsfd
08-30-2009, 12:33 PM
Having the same problem here (on Mac 9.6 UB):
Occlusion II hooked into a surface right beneath transparent polys.
Occl II is darkening extremely (even at the smallest range I can use for the surface without loosing the wanted effect), so it seems to me Occl II doesn't take transparency into account (lowered color filter to zero, deselected "self/cast/receive shadow" in object props for transparent geometry without any effect). Only hiding the transparent object gives the exspected result.
Seems I am missing something - any hints?

gerardstrada
08-30-2009, 09:02 PM
Just to clarify, I'm on PC. It seems this is a MAC issue. You might want to try DP_Light Dome (check BackDrop option).

Gerardo

rsfd
08-31-2009, 02:47 AM
Thank you, I'll try when I am working on that scene again.
(Otherwise I'll let NewTek know).

toby
09-07-2009, 05:29 PM
Strange, I thought it needed one of the raytrace options to work, but hell if I can get it to *not* work. Seems to do what it's supposed to, on my system anyway.