PDA

View Full Version : Update question: Merge scenes together

fineartist
08-23-2009, 03:55 PM
Back again...

Can anyone (Spline God?) tell me how to get 2 different objects with their own respective bones and textures to go into 1 file without the other object staying in the timeline?

Here's what I have...

I have 2 different playing cards, 1 with 48 bones, the other with 7 (with weight maps)...I am working on a iphone app and our programmer needs a fbx file where there is the first card ONLY exists in frame 1 thru 19 with it's animation, then frame 20 to 30 has the other card only existing with it's animation only. He will then code the app to jump to frame 20 to play the 2nd part of animation when needed or jump to frame 1 to play it's animation. I tried Motion Mixer, but it shows both objects and I can't figure out at all how to delete out the object when I am at a certain time.

Any advise or point me in the direction on what to read in the help files?

Mr Rid
08-23-2009, 04:20 PM
I dont understand how to have 1 FBX file containing 2 rigged meshes... but the file also contains only 1 rigged mesh on a given frame range(?!).

I dont know what the point is, but am wondering why not just code a 1 frame dissolve/fade between both cards in the same scene?

If the end result is just an image, then it sounds easier to render out each of the two whole animations out and then code the app to switch between pre-rendered animations.

fineartist
08-23-2009, 05:11 PM
Unfortunately it won't be any rendered animation but what will happen is the cards will be dynamically textured to have the card face of whatever card will be called upon for that turn.

From what our programmer says, it will be much better to have 1 timeline with multiple animations in it instead of individual fbx files because of the drawcall limit issue in iphone.

We will have 52 cards with both sides textured and all other items involved. If I can have all the animations in essentially one fbx, he will be able to pull what is needed from the timeline but it won't tax the processor.

From this rough, what we will have is a animation from the left top pile that the card jumps into your hand (bottom), a animation from the hand to the lay pile (top right), a animation that shuffles the cards from the top left pile, etc... MANY animations.

Hopefully this all makes sense. If it's not possible, please let me know and we can look at another option.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

SplineGod
08-23-2009, 05:28 PM
It seems what I would do is have the same rig reused on every card and store the different fbx animations into some sort of array. That way the motions could be reused at anytime on any card.
You cant delete an object as part of an animation in LW. You can effects its sisibility using object dissolve or possibly use object replacement to replace it with a null object etc etc.
It boils down to what fbx can handle vs what LW can do vs what the game engine supports.

fineartist
08-23-2009, 05:51 PM
Thank you both for your insight.
It helps me to know I couldn't do something I was racking my brain trying to figure what i was doing wrong.
I'll pass the info on to my programmer and see what direction he wants to go now.:)