PDA

View Full Version : "to many twitters make a Twat" gave in !

OnlineRender
08-23-2009, 02:49 PM
finally gave into peer presure ! and signed up , anybody else got an account , i got no friends (",) .

www.twitter.com/onlinerender

PEACE

OR

FYI )I'm not calling people who use the service twats " its a reference to a certian politcian " on the radio the other week !

Tom Wood
08-23-2009, 04:09 PM
Best use of twitter ever: http://twitter.com/****mydadsays

Hmmmm...replace the asterisks with a four letter word that rhymes with... oh, I don't know... bit?

OnlineRender
08-23-2009, 04:13 PM
(",)

Twitter is more american based ,I tend to use bebo.com or myspace

cleaner and user changable .

www.bebo.com/online24 - nice linkage

biliousfrog
08-24-2009, 02:10 AM
BEST THREAD TITLE EVER!!!

I use facebook, can't see the point in twitter personally. It seems like a virtual coffee morning to me, I'm interested in what my friends are doing but don't need to know every bowl movement.

The biggest thing that puts me off is how fanatic regular twitter users are. They desperately try to convince anyone that will listen that it's the best thing ever despite having quite a small user base...something like 50% of members have only used it once?

Sorry, not bashing your decision to use it, I know that a lot of people don't 'get' facebook etc., it's not for me though.

Matt
08-24-2009, 06:57 AM
Gave up on MySpace after about 1 week when it first arrived. Never used it since.

Twitter I tried but became tired of the constant spammers trying to "follow me", gave up on it.

Facebook is the only one I use, and actually find it useful to keep track of friends abroad etc.

Although not technically "a social network site", Skype I used the most.

DiedonD
08-24-2009, 07:03 AM
Twitter is good to follow up on projects! In fact since its designed for follow ups, its perfect for such an occasion, and best part is that stalkers cant get in! You need a special invitation to be in it!

Not much of a place for friends though. Nothing better for forums and Skype for friends for me.

cresshead
08-24-2009, 07:06 AM
twitter is for promoting film stars, films, muscians, writers, celebs etc not for following aunt flo buying 2 kg of grapes in tesco's and tweeting the price...

i'm on facebook..it's 'ish'
i tried myspace but it looked like a teenagers bedroom...messy with horrible music playing
i tried blogging...but it wasn't for me...
i have a youtube account and post up vids
i like posting on forums...as you may guess!#
skype is great for over the pond production meetings with venus rises where they are based in newyork and me in u.k.

if you want to add me as a friend/enemy on facebook just search for steve gilbert [me]

OnlineRender
10-27-2009, 02:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlZcHwsa6CU&NR=1&feature=fvwp
Twitter Ruined My Life watch funny

shrox
10-27-2009, 03:23 PM
Oh I'm all a-twitter...

OnlineRender
10-27-2009, 03:37 PM
gave up with twitter after 10 seconds , now on facebook :) ,myspace for the band but I use bebo alot ..........

Matt
10-27-2009, 04:01 PM
Speaking of Twitter, someone emailed me this today:

www.twitter.com/_steviewonder

Pretty poor taste, but I'll admit it, I laughed!

hrgiger
10-27-2009, 06:51 PM

It was funny. I'm not sure what's funnier though, the thought of Stevie Wonder trying to type words and not know a keyboard, or the fact that someone believes that Stevie Wonder couldn't learn a keyboard. Isn't he like a fabulous pianist?

Titus
10-27-2009, 06:58 PM

I remember friendster, one of the first social networks. Friendster's demise ocurred when fakesters like this one started to populate the site.

Tom Wood
10-28-2009, 08:08 AM
Here's a pretty good analysis of the downside of the real-time web:

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/10/24/nsfw-weezer-plane-crashes-and-everything-else-thats-worrying-about-the-real-time-web/