PDA

View Full Version : Where does LW 8.5 tell you it's running in discovery mode?

Tom Wood
08-22-2009, 11:03 AM
My version of LW 8.5 is dongled to VT4. Occasionally the license for VT4 doesn't register and I have to reboot. VT4 tells me when this happens before it will load.

But today I opened LW 8.5 first and did some work. When I tried to save it, the program told me I can't save any layer with more than 400 points in discovery mode. I don't remember it telling me that it wasn't in normal mode. Where does it say what mode it is in? It was only a bit of work to lose this time but I'd rather not lose stuff like this.

Thanks,

Tom

dandeentremont
08-22-2009, 11:30 AM
If i remember correctly, the words "discovery mode" are tattooed all over the background.

Tom Wood
08-22-2009, 12:03 PM
I must be going blind then because I'm pretty sure I didn't see anything like that! :D

dwburman
08-22-2009, 04:44 PM
Actually, Discovery Mode used to only be a warning panel that popped up when you loaded Lightwave... or maybe just a message in the status line at the bottom of the window. In the newer versions, it's much more obvious. :)

I don't know if the VT version is any different.

GregMalick
08-22-2009, 07:26 PM
I tested LW8.5 and the "Discovery Edition" only displays in the window title (try it). No change in background and no warning like in other versions. It's probably the same for the VT version.

Tom Wood
08-22-2009, 08:47 PM
Thanks Greg,

I can't really try it without taking the VT card out, and I don't want to go down that road. Now I know where to pay attention.

TW