View Full Version : LightWave Mac v9.6 Hotfix/Cocoa Update - 21 Aug 2009

08-21-2009, 04:17 PM
Hi, Mac 'Wavers! :)

Welcome to this week's progress note on our Mac development activities!

Cocoa/Hotfix LightWave v9.6.x: The description in the last update is still very much the state of things in our Mac development: the team is continuing work on several issues related to third party plugins interactions with the UI, and nominally would like to clear those before we go to Open Beta. We are working to put a new build into the closed beta group early next week to get a gauge on any other issues that we may need to hammer on before Open Beta, as well, though our feeling is that we would like to go for it as soon as the Reg system is ready to handle Open Beta again. In checking in with them yesterday, the IT folks are still working on preparing the Registration System and report they think it will take a week or more to complete.

That's it for today, and we should be back to weekly reports for you now that vacation season is cleared.

Please Keep Those Bug Reports Coming: Getting in reports on any bugs you may have encountered but not yet reported is very important. Don't forget to include steps and content, as they are needed to insure that we can duplicate your bug properly and get it fixed. For those of you who need a refresher as to how to report bugs, check this link:

Instructions for Bug Report and Feature Request Database (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73227)

08-21-2009, 06:00 PM
Thanks Chuck,
I appreciate what you all over at NT are doing to get the 9.6 to us . . .

08-21-2009, 11:06 PM
Can't wait for this.

08-22-2009, 05:56 AM
Thank you Chuck,

hope you had some nice time away from us little impatient MacHeads :D
As it seems, SnowLeopard hits the market on Aug 28th - can you make any statements whether NewTek Mac DevTeam had tested cocoa LW with the latest developer builds of 10.6 ?

08-22-2009, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the update Chuck. Looking forward to the fixes.

08-23-2009, 09:55 AM
I am so looking forward to Snow Leapard!!!!

08-24-2009, 07:14 AM
Yes, and it's official now: SnowLeopard comes August 28th!
Looking forward to developers supporting GCD and OCL quickly.

08-24-2009, 02:23 PM
Of course I think I'm going to wait until I finish my projects first though. Then upgrade. Don't want any unecessary hickups just in case.

08-24-2009, 06:40 PM
Whats the big deal with running out and buying the latest OS all the time....I think I'll wait for Battle Cat with He Man Direct X capabilities.

08-25-2009, 10:45 AM