PDA

View Full Version : Fasting... just for the benefits

DiedonD
08-21-2009, 02:41 AM
No matter weather your religious or not (like me), what do you think about fasting? Has anyone tried it? Has anyone tested his endurance to await it till its proper time?

The city here is going all crazy about it, and there are benefits to fasting:

http://www.ezsoftech.com/ramadan/ramadan13.asp

Now then. What interests me, is the LWing faster..ner!

Has any LWer fasted? With all do respect to other works, like physical works, office works and so on (especially construction work like here), LWing is a creative process, and it takes concentration and highly wholy involved state of mind for it to work, especially in problem solving stages, unless youre not rendering the whole time and the rendering too is going quite to your liking. Then all things wouldve been so easy.

So, thoughts, actions in that regard!

Me, I tried fasting today in a total untraditional regard, just to test meself! But just office and high admin stuff to deal thus far, and not much challenging as LWing would be for instance.

meshpig
08-21-2009, 03:55 AM
I understand the concept of fasting in terms of a "body" which has no organs. Like as a kid when you plugged your ears, nose and mouth, closed your eyes in response to the many predictable family threats. The Family looks out for your material well being but not your soul, as it were.

- In the religious sense it differs from the economy of hunger and starvation in that it's willingly/voluntarily undertaken purposely... more or less.

- Beyond the religious context it's quite a practical way of getting around what the brain usually tells you to do and forces it to yield and it does. Thus it's desire rather than "spirit".

- Fasting in the modern world shouldn't be associated with abstinence, or a month where you fast, that's irrational as addiction is in a way totally rational behaviour.

- Fasting is one way of opening a "body without organs" to a kind of inverse body. At least one which isn't merely a sucker to all the predictable desires which happen in a microsecond. A month of fasting hardly solves the problem.

Kuzey
08-21-2009, 06:57 AM
- Fasting in the modern world shouldn't be associated with abstinence, or a month where you fast, that's irrational as addiction is in a way totally rational behaviour.

I do believe the abstinence is for the time you are fasting not for the whole month.....from dawn until sunset. After you break your fast in the evening you are free to have sex.....before it's time to start the fast again the next morning.

Fasting is not limited to just one month, you can also fast whenever you wish. There are different kinds of fasts as well, fasting on Mondays and Thursdays is called Mustahab, fasting only on Saturdays is called Makruh. I just found out about those just now :D

I'm fasting today as well, I used to do it all the time until I kept fainting. Now I know it could have been due to too much sugar intake in the evenings. Thanks for the link DiedonD :thumbsup:

PS.....I haven't touched LW yet.

Kuzey

DiedonD
08-21-2009, 07:25 AM
PS.....I haven't touched LW yet.

Kuzey

Oh do have a total day under LW while your fasting if you please!

Its 15.23 here, havent ate anything yet, and its getting to me, I can feel slower button pressing as we speak!

And the last time I ate was 22.00 yesterday mind you! As I said this isnt at all traditional what Im doing, but appart from my gyming days Ill do it anyway.

Without food is somehow passable. Without drinks even less passable. Without sex is in no way passable and that one I wont follow and period!!

RollerJesus
08-21-2009, 09:23 AM
I have to fast every year for medical reasons for at least 24 hours but it usually tends to go a bit longer than that dues to sleep/work schedules. Clear liquids only...

I feel quite good afterward actually. I eat smaller portions for a while and tend to feel less crappy overall.

However, if you're going to fast, you really need to make sure you are properly hydrated. Your normal water intake needs to be significantly increased. I recommend Gatorade, or better yet Pedialyte to keep hydrated. I didn't keep hydrated during one of my fasts and got a terrible case of the shakes when I was trying to go to bed.

DiedonD
08-21-2009, 11:34 AM
21 hours without food nor drinks makes my senses super active!

I can smell food long distances away, leave along the ones cooking in the kitchen!! AND THERES SUCH A VARIETY THERE!!!

ITS SOOOOO TEMPTING TO EAT ALREADYYY!!!!! :devil::devil::devil::devil:

Its a matter of minutes from now!!!

Kuzey
08-21-2009, 12:24 PM

I can smell food long distances away, leave along the ones cooking in the kitchen!! AND THERES SUCH A VARIETY THERE!!!

Ha ha...I also didn't wake up for breakfast, so it's been 21 odd hours for me too. The funny thing is, I wasn't hungry and felt like I could do another 12 hours without food :)

LW and fasting is on the cards for Saturday....should be fun :hey:

Kuzey

meshpig
08-22-2009, 01:38 AM

Wouldn't that just be the natural "biological" response kicking in? Hyper awareness of food = gotta get some. On the flip side, if you go without sleep working for 21 hours 3 days in a row with 3 hours kip in between nothing much falters in terms of the task at hand. But try doing something else and your brain gives up.

Besides wtf are you doing it for?

DiedonD
08-22-2009, 02:02 AM
Wouldn't that just be the natural "biological" response kicking in? Hyper awareness of food = gotta get some. On the flip side, if you go without sleep working for 21 hours 3 days in a row with 3 hours kip in between nothing much falters in terms of the task at hand. But try doing something else and your brain gives up.

Besides wtf are you doing it for?

Hahaaa

Well, contrary to popular belief, I think we are all biological beeings, and biological mechanisms do kick in, and I was just telling how they were kicking in in the first place LOL

Now what am I doing it for!

Hmmm... Well the whole city was going crazy about it, especially this time, cause you were allowed to eat at 19.36 only! Its a challenge, cause basically the whole working day you are hungry! So I guess I just went ahead to test myself, and Kuzey aside, rarely did anyone else been for those 21 desaturating hours without food.

Now the arabs are the best to enjoy these days. They allow themselves of a 30 day national vacation! With nothing to do, and no work, its waaay easier to go through it.

Here, I know that you guys the majority dont usually do that stuff, just like I didnt do it for a while too. But perhaps you were curious, and I could put you in such a position for the ones that are curious, so that you should know how it is.

Kuzey shall tell us LWing under fasting for today, and Ill just tell you the usual other things it effects.

In the morning, when you usually are use to eat, your body will ask for the food. So youll have a 3-4 sorta stomach attacks. But shold you do some fun time in those crucial period, youll get through it.

From there on, you get gradually more and more tenser, as you said your normal bodily senses become more hyperactive searching for 'income' and what I come to notice yesterday was that reality desaturates!

Theyll gradually loose color, and you wont be aware of it until you eat like Alex Mercer in Prototype in the feast at 19.36! Speaking of which, it is the time that each deals with the stress of not having to eat in his own way, and knowing this all allow plenty of things to do. I for one played Prototype and I gotta say that Ive kicked a-ssssssssssssss from here to Taiwan :D . From all Side Events, ive left ONLY 2, and those two are only in Silver and Bronze too!

Anyway. You get more vigilant... more sensitive, yes defintely more sensitive, cause listening to music has never been more fun than yesterday!

So basically you get more passive while trying to conserve energy until then, in the meantime reality desaturates, you become more sensitive both emotionally and sensually, more tense and more vigilant, and kick a-ss in video games cause your body relaxes then, while you just play with fingers as time passes by faster.

But after eating, reality sharply saturates again, from where I concluded that It was desaturated before, but it got dissaturated in way too slow to get noticed speed in the first place. You wanna eat more and more, and breath in life in huge speed, but if it wasnt for the OCCURSED STOMACH, giving up you and telling you that it 'cant take it anymore' Thumbsdown!!

A liter of drinks, chicken and alotta salad with olives. From there on you wanna lay down. But since your stomach is fulled you have this rush of energy!! So you wanna lay down, but your stomach is nearly in the peak of bursting like a baloon and your full of energy! Its conflictive to want to lay down and be very energetic at the same time! That point you dont know what to do, but the energy will hold you ferom sleeping going well passed midnight, where you can eat again so as to have something to go on while fasting the next day. But Ive got gyming today thus aint fasting, but its with those grounds that you grow a ritual.

So since youre even better in video games, cause I sucked after eating playing it, what effect would that make to LWing? Now LWing isnt playing a video game, but its joyful nevertheless!

meshpig
08-22-2009, 02:58 AM
Hahaaa

Well, contrary to popular belief, I think we are all biological beeings, and biological mechanisms do kick in, and I was just telling how they were kicking in in the first place LOL

Now what am I doing it for!

Hmmm... Well the whole city was going crazy about it, especially this time, cause you were allowed to eat at 19.36 only! Its a challenge, cause basically the whole working day you are hungry! So I guess I just went ahead to test myself, and Kuzey aside, rarely did anyone else been for those 21 desaturating hours without food.

Now the arabs are the best to enjoy these days. They allow themselves of a 30 day national vacation! With nothing to do, and no work, its waaay easier to go through it.

Here, I know that you guys the majority dont usually do that stuff, just like I didnt do it for a while too. But perhaps you were curious, and I could put you in such a position for the ones that are curious, so that you should know how it is.

Kuzey shall tell us LWing under fasting for today, and Ill just tell you the usual other things it effects.

In the morning, when you usually are use to eat, your body will ask for the food. So youll have a 3-4 sorta stomach attacks. But shold you do some fun time in those crucial period, youll get through it.

From there on, you get more tenser, as you said your normal bodily senses become more hyperactive searching for 'income' and what I come to notice yesterday was that reality desaturates!

Theyll gradually loose color, and you wont be aware of it until you eat like Alex Mercer in Prototype in the feast at 19.36! Speaking of which, it is the time that each deals with the stress of not having to eat in his own way, and knowing this all allow plenty of things to do. I for one played Prototype and I gotta say that Ive kicked a-ssssssssssssss from here to Taiwan :D . From all Side Events, ive left ONLY 2, and those two are only in Silver and Bronze too!

Anyway. You get more vigilant... more sensitive, yes defintely more sensitive, cause listening to music has never been more fun than yesterday!

So basically you get more passive while trying to conserve energy until then, in the meantime reality desaturates, you become more sensitive both emotionally and sensually, more tense and more vigilant, and kick a-ss in video games cause your body relaxes then, while you just play with fingers as time passes by faster.

But after eating, reality sharply saturates again, from where I concluded that It was desaturated before, but in way too slow to get noticed speed. You wanna do it more and more, and breath in life in huge speed, but if it wasnt for the OCCURSED STOMACH, giving up you and telling you that it 'cant take it anymore' Thumbsdown!!

A liter of drinks, chicken and alotta salad with olives. From there on you wanna lay down. But since your stomach is fulled you have this rush of energy!! So you wanna lay down, but your stomach is nearly in the peak of bursting like a baloon and your full of energy! Its conflictive to want to lay down and be very energetic at the same time! That point you dont know what to do, but the energy will hold you ferom sleeping going well passed midnight, where you can eat again so as to have something to go on while fasting the next day. But Ive got gyming today thus aint fasting, but its with those grounds that you grow a ritual.

So since youre even better in video games, cause I sucked after eating playing it, what effect would that make to LWing? Now LWing isnt playing a video game, but its joyful nevertheless!

I see,

Mmm, sounds like blood sugar levels affect you quite strongly? Been checked for type 2/late onset Diabetes lately? Cholesterol etc?

That's what I meant by a "body without organs"...

I do a 3 day fast every few years to have my large intestine inspected for colonic polyps which are the usual cause of bowel cancer. You go under with a type of valium which scrambles your memory rather than an opiate based aheasthetic like pethodine but the chicken sandwich you get after 2 days on boiled eggs and clear fluids never tasted so good!

DiedonD
08-22-2009, 03:58 AM
However, if you're going to fast, you really need to make sure you are properly hydrated. Your normal water intake needs to be significantly increased. I recommend Gatorade, or better yet Pedialyte to keep hydrated. I didn't keep hydrated during one of my fasts and got a terrible case of the shakes when I was trying to go to bed.

Ahhh you cheat ;)

I dont know of Gatorade or Pedialyte drinks, but if its water your refering to, then two kinds are best and direct from water natural source here.

Rugova water

http://ujerugove.com/

What are those that you mention? And why would they be good for fasting?

DiedonD
08-22-2009, 04:09 AM
I see,

Mmm, sounds like blood sugar levels affect you quite strongly? Been checked for type 2/late onset Diabetes lately? Cholesterol etc?

Funny you shuld say that cause we had redberry and strawberry home made jellies, and those mightve done it together with the others of course.

Now Diabetes and Cholesterol arent my problems mate :) . Do you know my physical condition and how healthy excercizes I maintain?

100kg of bodybuilding benchpress here, and 4 days jogg, not on a treadmill anymore (appart from winter), but on a special mountaineous road, equalling to 5km.

Not to mention 2 soup spoons of olive oil in daily basis on bread with spices and tons a fresh fruit juice and veggies.

Sugar and cholesterol need to pile up before they could stand a chance to be a danger to me. Im afraid I burn more than I take, and am struggling to have at least some sorta bigger belly just to blend in better know what I mean LOL

That's what I meant by a "body without organs"...

I do a 3 day fast every few years to have my large intestine inspected for colonic polyps which are the usual cause of bowel cancer. You go under with a type of valium which scrambles your memory rather than an opiate based aheasthetic like pethodine but the chicken sandwich you get after 2 days on boiled eggs and clear fluids never tasted so good!

Yes I see what you mean there. It is like that yeah. Its like, beeing free from food and existing without it for a while. That 'body' you mention then would be placed in the head right? A living head, independent on the rest of the bodily organs for a while. :i_agree:

Wanna fast tomorow? I could do that, tomorow though! Im gyming today.

Oh and BTW! Those three days, did you happen to do LW then?

meshpig
08-22-2009, 04:15 AM
Ahhh you cheat ;)

I dont know of Gatorade or Pedialyte drinks, but if its water your refering to, then two kinds are best and direct from water natural source here.

Rugova water

http://ujerugove.com/

What are those that you mention? And why would they be good for fasting?

Electrolytes... sodium and potassium.
Sorry, an annoying site - http://health.howstuffworks.com/question565.htm

Same as if for diarrhea and losing body fluids that way.

DiedonD
08-22-2009, 04:24 AM
Electrolytes... sodium and potassium.
Sorry, an annoying site - http://health.howstuffworks.com/question565.htm

Same as if for diarrhea and losing body fluids that way.

Oh I see. Thanks :)

So basically its not only watter, but its watter stuffed with other neccesities that the body needs, like sugar and salt. A higher concetration of that and you can be fed intraveniosly ;)

Nah, Id say its waaay easier with those. When I use to be a kid, cause contrary to weather my parents allowed it or not, I use to try to fast. And then there were half fastes, that you would fast half the time till the expected meal, and it would count full for you cause your a kid. And one of those more childish fastings were that of fasting while you drank watter in the meantime. Everyone would close eyes and say 'Yeah sure, my kid is fasting too see LOL '.

meshpig
08-22-2009, 04:33 AM
Yes I see what you mean there. It is like that yeah. Its like, beeing free from food and existing without it for a while. That 'body' you mention then would be placed in the head right? A living head, independent on the rest of the bodily organs for a while. :i_agree:

Oh and BTW! Those three days, did you happen to do LW then?

Placed in the head yes but planar in the body, like stretching yoga or pillates where you exercise hidden muscles rather than bench press the obvious ones. At least it suits me since I'm nearly 50 and never liked being too muscular in appearance anyway.

Of course you feed your physical condition back into your work, I mean the figure of the artist is one of a healthy, outdoors type man with an over active brain, no?

DiedonD
08-22-2009, 04:43 AM
Of course you feed your physical condition back into your work, I mean the figure of the artist is one of a healthy, outdoors type man with an over active brain, no?

Thats so true! Im afraid with the little work in art, my job, excercizes that I make while I fast also, will be at the cost of my muscle power sadly!

Of course it is expected to drop! :( . But Ill get it up there again after all gets back to the earlier rituals I guess.

But... Did you happen to do LW on those 3 days that you fastened? And youve been a hell of a painter too! Did it effect that perhaps more?

meshpig
08-22-2009, 04:44 AM
Nah, Id say its waaay easier with those. When I use to be a kid, cause contrary to weather (- whether) my parents allowed it or not, I use to try to fast. And then there were half fastes, that you would fast half the time till the expected meal, and it would count full for you cause your a kid. And one of those more childish fastings were that of fasting while you drank watter in the meantime. Everyone would close eyes and say 'Yeah sure, my kid is fasting too see LOL '.

Христос!!! Christ has risen and yet no water? Wtf:)

DiedonD
08-22-2009, 04:55 AM
Христос!!! Christ has risen and yet no water? Wtf:)

Christos and Christ indeed ;)

Otherwise what the heck are we testing ourselves here with!

Theres...errr... SUGAR on those electrolite waters! Whats next, you can fast but you can drink watter and have sweets all you like and that too would count that your fasting!

Should you be left with no food or water, youll be prepared by those excercizes. And should you be left with no food or water, you probably wont have a Cola and Chocolate, cause thats not the time that one is preparing for in the first place, know what I mean.

Its a greater mind over body control excercize should you do it with no food and no water Id say.

But of course, 'you are all to your own' said Cress the other day ;)

meshpig
08-22-2009, 06:01 AM
But... Did you happen to do LW on those 3 days that you fastened? And youve been a hell of a painter too! Did it effect that perhaps more?

Bloody long time ago now but yes the idea of painting is to somehow convey what it is to apprehend line and colour, to render the invisible visible that way (great tactile/haptic stuff) but fasting may as well be like trying to master amphetamines as a way of life in that context.

LW is more like film, ultimately comes down to images. Yes ask a blind man about this sort of thing?:)

DiedonD
08-22-2009, 06:12 AM
Bloody long time ago now but yes the idea of painting is to somehow convey what it is to apprehend line and colour, to render the invisible visible that way (great tactile/haptic stuff) but fasting may as well be like trying to master amphetamines as a way of life in that context.

LW is more like film, ultimately comes down to images. Yes ask a blind man about this sort of thing?:)

Well, I didnt mentioin it M :) You did! And with all do respect I think Im going to go ahead and say what I think about your eye problems.

Yes, as youve heard it M has huge eye problems! Can you imagine how difficult it would be for us artists to have lost our eyesight?!

I mean, whether we want to photorealistically copy something, or bring about our stories to light, we MUST SEE it done!!!

So M has huge eye problems there... But that is not enough to stop him from doing his art!

http://newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95694

That is to show you, that neither outter circumstances, or inner biological disadvantages, can EVVER!!... stop a true artist from doing his art...

We should be inspired from all that M! We should be an inspirement for your LWing!

meshpig
08-22-2009, 06:35 AM
D
Hey thanks man. I can finally come out with my f**ked up eyesight!!

DiedonD
08-22-2009, 06:43 AM
M

Im struggling in daily bassis to find some scrap of time to do some art in LW!! Its serious thing and its eating me slowly in every day!

Others also may have problems of the kind. All artist humans may have a problem that may stand in the way from them doing art!

You are an inspiration in a sense that even though you have difficulties in your eyesight, you STILL manage to get through to your arts!

Simply put, I inspure that alot!

Now, you did told me one day that nobody shouldnt know the fact that that is so for your eyes! Cause I wanted to tell about you as an inspiration long time ago. Thus I never did, as it was your wish to not let anyone know about it. But I didnt exposed that wish, you did yourself!

I only am telling people what does your art in those circumstances mean M.

It may not work wonders, but I believe that a person with severe eye sight problems, doing art regardless is a HUGE inspiration! And theres nothing to be ashamed about with that!

Can anyone else second that about M?

meshpig
08-23-2009, 01:07 AM
M

Im struggling in daily bassis to find some scrap of time to do some art in LW!! Its serious thing and its eating me slowly in every day!

Others also may have problems of the kind. All artist humans may have a problem that may stand in the way from them doing art!

You are an inspiration in a sense that even though you have difficulties in your eyesight, you STILL manage to get through to your arts!

Simply put, I inspure that alot!

Now, you did told me one day that nobody shouldnt know the fact that that is so for your eyes! Cause I wanted to tell about you as an inspiration long time ago. Thus I never did, as it was your wish to not let anyone know about it. But I didnt exposed that wish, you did yourself!

I only am telling people what does your art in those circumstances mean M.

It may not work wonders, but I believe that a person with severe eye sight problems, doing art regardless is a HUGE inspiration! And theres nothing to be ashamed about with that!

Can anyone else second that about M?

Hey thanks D, I've sort of come round to the conclusion that there's no use in hiding it but at the same time it's probably not that interesting for others.

It's nice to think you find it inspiring. Also we don't have children.

- Really all I'm doing is sort of what I've always done except it takes me a bit longer. Well, at least it would be pretty stupid to think I can pick up where I left off by dabbling in LW. C'est la vie!:)

DiedonD
08-23-2009, 02:48 AM
It's nice to think you find it inspiring. Also we don't have children.

- Really all I'm doing is sort of what I've always done except it takes me a bit longer. Well, at least it would be pretty stupid to think I can pick up where I left off by dabbling in LW. C'est la vie!:)

Beeing 40 its not too late for that Id say. And if youd ask me, increasing the number of artists is what wed need in this world of greedy economists really.

Anyway... Getting back on topic.

Kuzey is a bit late with his report in what effects does fasting bring to Wavers.

But Im fasting today. Its Sunday and its easy cause Ill just lay down whole day long, and perhaps play Prototype.

Anyone wanna join? You can have water or electrolitic drinks if you feel that you cant do without them then.

meshpig
08-23-2009, 03:49 AM
But what if your kids turn out to be accountants?

Nah, Sundays are for Champagne breakfasts in bed... http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_bMbsskNNkUQ/RdONp4wh4tI/AAAAAAAAAco/AwkAKxf31mU/s1600/Chagall.jpg

- a bit in doubt about fasting and how it affects waving. At least only second rate artists mistake their own intoxication for that of "art". Think of Van Gogh in that sense and how him and Paul Gauguin reinvented colourism. At least at some point in your life that's pretty intoxicating.

Kuzey
08-23-2009, 07:46 AM
Haha...well I did about 3 hours lightwaving yesterday and it was pretty dull I must say. I was free styling trying to get a cool design for a ufo landing gear. I only managed to get the base model done in the last hour. So that was 2 hours playing around/experimenting and one hour of actual modelling :D

The funny thing is....inspiration finally hit after the fast was over...when I got some food into me :hey:

Also, a side effect I noticed, after being hungry for 15 hours or so...is that 3 mouthfuls of food made me feel as if I was full again...interesting stuff.

Kuzey

DiedonD
08-24-2009, 01:39 AM
But what if your kids turn out to be accountants?

Nah, Sundays are for Champagne breakfasts in bed... http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_bMbsskNNkUQ/RdONp4wh4tI/AAAAAAAAAco/AwkAKxf31mU/s1600/Chagall.jpg

- a bit in doubt about fasting and how it affects waving. At least only second rate artists mistake their own intoxication for that of "art". Think of Van Gogh in that sense and how him and Paul Gauguin reinvented colourism. At least at some point in your life that's pretty intoxicating.

M... Your kids WONT be accountants ok! ;)

Well we see what happens for three hours then, according to Kuzey. But, I was thinking more in a full day, 8 hours ordeal in LW while fasting!

That remains to be explained again.

More traditionally today. Will be 18 hours instead of 21! Had a sandwish and Ecler with a liter of water at 01.00 in the morning.

Strangely, I woke up even more hungrier then before!

meshpig
08-24-2009, 05:49 AM
M... Your kids WONT be accountants ok! ;)

Well we see what happens for three hours then, according to Kuzey. But, I was thinking more in a full day, 8 hours ordeal in LW while fasting!

That remains to be explained again.

More traditionally today. Will be 18 hours instead of 21! Had a sandwish and Ecler with a liter of water at 01.00 in the morning.

Strangely, I woke up even more hungrier then before!

OK, but I wouldn't like to think we'd have a few kids and then just put them to work.

Now, can I ask what you think fasting for 18 hours will actually do for your creativity directly vis a vis LW when you already know that you can
work 20+ hours straight with just the odd glass of wine or 7 productively?

DiedonD
08-24-2009, 06:13 AM
OK, but I wouldn't like to think we'd have a few kids and then just put them to work.

Now, can I ask what you think fasting for 18 hours will actually do for your creativity directly vis a vis LW when you already know that you can
work 20+ hours straight with just the odd glass of wine or 7 productively?

No mate, I so far didnt had the time for LW while I was fasting! Thus Id like someone that did try fasting with LW for a full day (8 hours) to tell this side of LWing.

Biologically, it is only logical that hunger will activate mechanisms that support THEE most required, so as normal bodily functions to work! So the body would say 'Sorry but this energy goes to your heart, we dont have the luxury to think of your high prized artistic nonsense with these low levels of food at the present!'

But to the contrary I kicked in Prototype having all Golden medals in Side Events in it!

So which one of them is it for a full day? Are you better with fasting, or is it the usual harder and harder flow of work with LW?

cresshead
08-24-2009, 06:21 AM
i fast everyday...when i'm asleep..though i do dream about food!

DiedonD
08-24-2009, 06:51 AM
i fast everyday...when i'm asleep..though i do dream about food!

In the name of what do you fast?

:D

meshpig
08-24-2009, 07:58 AM
No mate, I so far didnt had the time for LW while I was fasting! Thus Id like someone that did try fasting with LW for a full day (8 hours) to tell this side of LWing.

OK, I'm not getting what you mean by fasting. Speaking biochemically though:-
ephedrine or methylaminopropanol makes fasting irrelevant but have a look at what Hitler did on speed?

http://images.google.com.au/images?hl=en&rls=ig&resnum=0&q=hitler's%20watercolors&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

Nothing great as you can see.

DiedonD
08-25-2009, 03:31 AM
OK, I'm not getting what you mean by fasting. Speaking biochemically though:-
ephedrine or methylaminopropanol makes fasting irrelevant but have a look at what Hitler did on speed?

http://images.google.com.au/images?hl=en&rls=ig&resnum=0&q=hitler's%20watercolors&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

Nothing great as you can see.

What!

No mate, not going fast as in speed! This thread isnt about going fast, accelorating the speed! Its about fasting:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fasting

No food, no drinks, and if you want to go all the way, then no sex neither! But I wont follow that last one.

So then, the blood cells search for food in your body desperately, cause there isnt any, but still you dont feed! Higher activities are bound to close cause only the most vital are to be kept operational on the times of such bodily 'crisis'.

LW-ing... It isnt really that relavant for the body technically, if were talking about it feeding the body! So in times of crisis its logical to expect that one wont do good in LW!

Thats not the case though! And I know Im better in vid games, but is one better, worse, or all the same in working a full day in LW while that ones doest eats nor drinks a thing on that day! Thats the question see.

How does ephedrine or methylaminopropanol make fasting irrelevant?

meshpig
08-25-2009, 06:24 AM
What!

No mate, not going fast as in speed! This thread isnt about going fast, accelorating the speed! Its about fasting:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fasting

No food, no drinks, and if you want to go all the way, then no sex neither! But I wont follow that last one.

So then, the blood cells search for food in your body desperately, cause there isnt any, but still you dont feed! Higher activities are bound to close cause only the most vital are to be kept operational on the times of such bodily 'crisis'.

LW-ing... It isnt really that relavant for the body technically, if were talking about it feeding the body! So in times of crisis its logical to expect that one wont do good in LW!

Thats not the case though! And I know Im better in vid games, but is one better, worse, or all the same in working a full day in LW while that ones doest eats nor drinks a thing on that day! Thats the question see.

How does ephedrine or methylaminopropanol make fasting irrelevant?

Probably too difficult to explain now I come to think of it.

Methylaminopropanol is the synthetic invention of the Efedra plant extract used in chinese medicine for centuries as a stimulant, appetite suppressant and decongestant.

"Speed" is the colloquial ( not scientific/usual) term for synthetic ephedrine or amphetamine and is illegal in most countries.

I guess what intrigues me is whether you are fasting for yourself or is it some obligatory ritual where you are merely participating?

Like where does no sex come into it? Is that no sex for the purpose of better sex or is it more symbolic? I mean sex and food is a pretty obvious connection:)

DiedonD
08-25-2009, 06:52 AM
I guess what intrigues me is whether you are fasting for yourself or is it some obligatory ritual where you are merely participating?

Like where does no sex come into it? Is that no sex for the purpose of better sex or is it more symbolic? I mean sex and food is a pretty obvious connection:)

Ah, well thats easier to explain then. I Fasted (not today I fasted for two days and was becoming tired) for myself, testing out my indurance, preparing for the unplanned and unwanted day when I might not have anything to eat on a trip or somewhere, and I think it helps your stomach a bit, then again it helps in burning fat even more.

But also, since the whole city is doing it, some see it more obligatory and more religious than others that just see it as some sorta tradition, I am participating with them here see. So its both in that sense.

No sex is from Islams fasting ritual. Think religion, pureness, spiritual, linked with light and God, so leave aside these silly human urges for a while and go completely pure for a month - thingy.

That one I dont follow though! Sexuality is main reason why we live says Froyd you know! And Psychodynamics was among my favorites :)

But... Having said that, it is somewhat easier to relax from such an urge when your so low in energy to begin with!

Riza
09-03-2009, 02:22 PM
well, i fasted for...umm...almost 2 weeks now ( in the day of course ) and keep lwing...
there's a slow down but at least i'm not sleepy after 1 PM :P

DiedonD
09-04-2009, 01:22 AM
well, i fasted for...umm...almost 2 weeks now ( in the day of course ) and keep lwing...
there's a slow down but at least i'm not sleepy after 1 PM :P

At last!

How long of LWing is that? Is it up to 8 hours a day while you fast?

Thats the only difference? Just a bit slower?

Riza
09-04-2009, 03:46 PM
yep...just ordinary, as usual day to day working...
a bit slower...maybe just my feeling or maybe it is slower :P....i usually jogging at 6 am then drink coffee and smoking at 9 am to 'boost' up my spirit :P and it simply gone for a month...
so the hardest part was usually the first week...

IMI
09-04-2009, 08:24 PM
I've never fasted. Hell no. Unless you want to count those really broke days I had for the first few years after high school, but that wasn't exactly intentional. ;)

I remember reading a while ago that guitar player Steve Vai fasted for two weeks while producing and editing one of his albums, and then celebrated the end of the fast by recording this:
For The Love Of God (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp1fLW-DS8Q)
That You Tube link is the studio version he recorded (slightly cut up though), although I guess he apparently made a video for it too, which I've never seen before. One of the all-time best electric guitar instrumentals of all time, IMO. Supposedly he didn't play guitar at all during the two week fast either, and by the end of recording this his fingers were bleeding. Supposedly it was played in one take, with no editing.

He's a real spiritual (not to mention just plain weird) kind of guy, and highly creative. I've read of many other highly creative people who swear by fasting and similar self-imposed tests of one's will, for the purpose of "cleansing".

DiedonD
09-05-2009, 01:43 AM
Yes, there is a certain feeling of cleansing.

Its a natural oxydizer, cleaning the body from all the gathered needless bits, that have piled up over the years.

All that if you fast for a whole month though! Not like me, 3 days no, and 4 days yes, of fasting per week! Cause the body doesnt knows what to make of the shifting ritual! Just yesterday I had alot a acid in my stomach before the meal! Causing bad breath due to the long time that acid remaind there (whole day). But some say its because of Pitajka spelled PIT-AYKA. Which is a special type of bread, only for Ramazan month and done specially ONLY in my city of Prizren.

Its so darn special I cant find it in the internets. Ill take a picture and post it later on for you to see.

But what you can do IMI, is solidarize with all the people that are as broke as you were back then, by fasting. Re-leave the dreaded times, with a real punch of reality that how well you are now! Get to wish the same success to those that may be in such a state still, and dont have what to eat!

I sound like Mother Thereza (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_Theresa), I know, but thats the feeling majorly here!

IMI
09-05-2009, 02:55 PM
Re-leave the dreaded times, with a real punch of reality that how well you are now! Get to wish the same success to those that may be in such a state still, and dont have what to eat!

I'd think I'd rather just read about it and buy them a Big Mac. :D

OnlineRender
09-10-2009, 05:54 AM
Last one ...
"Don't kill the msnger " .

And I promised to send you pictures of Pitajka with eggs. There is also without eggs, but that may be in use somewhere else. It’s with eggs that are so special.
Though they call it with eggs, actually its xhiza and eggs combined. What is xhiza? Let me explain.
So you take milk, and spoil it. You do that by adding small amount of yoghurt, and leave it to heat up just a bit. That’s spoiled milk. Then, you add more yoghurt and boil it for good. After you leave it to cool, you’ll have two layers. The watery layer and a denser one at the bottom. The one at the bottom is Xhosa that you filter it out, and basically squeeze the remaining water from it, leaving pure Xhosa.
Now that’s just xhiza. The yellowish thingy in the middle is xhiza mixed with milk and eggs. Pretty tasteful I should say. But you have all sort of combination. You can add spinach afterwards, olives, salami, sausage, spices etc.
That’s Pitajka with eggs. It’s rare in the world. Only here and only during Ramazan.
All the best
Diedon

http://www.onlinerender.com/image2d.JPG

http://www.onlinerender.com/imaged.JPG

Peace

OR