PDA

View Full Version : Restore clips in project

Philzik
08-19-2009, 01:15 PM
I have a number of unfinished projects on the go.
One, on opening, displays both video and audio clips as black boxes with red borders. The clips themselves do exist.
Question:
Is there a command that causes SE attempt to repair a project so that it displays properly?
===========
A long project has developed some gaps between clips. Ripple is on. No split edits. It's a pain to highlight and shift.
Question:
Is there a command that makes SE eliminate gaps between clips in a project?

Thanks for any help, Philzik

billmi
08-19-2009, 01:39 PM
One, on opening, displays both video and audio clips as black boxes with red borders. The clips themselves do exist.
Question:
Is there a command that causes SE attempt to repair a project so that it displays properly?
===========

If you delete the contents of the NewTek Info folder in the directory containing the clips, new thumbnails will be generated for them the next time they are used or their directory is browsed with an Add Media window.

The red border sounds more like it's indicating that SE can't find the files. Even if they still exist, they must also be in the directory where they were when the project was built. You can check the pathname for each clip by looking at the project in spreadsheet view, and make sure the path listed for the clips is the same as their current location in your computer.

A long project has developed some gaps between clips. Ripple is on. No split edits. It's a pain to highlight and shift.
Question:

In storyboard view, the gaps will usually appear as black. They can be selected and deleted.

UnCommonGrafx
08-19-2009, 02:37 PM
Use the spreadsheet to tell SE where the new files are. It will find them if you point the way.
There is no repair project program but, based on your explanation, that would be overkill.

The gaps can be eliminated in the storyboard, easily, as has been explained. Play it back to ensure that the project didn't get 'hosed'.

Question:
===========
Question:

Thanks for any help, Philzik

Scott Bates
08-19-2009, 02:45 PM
Once you've determined where the clips are located there's a preferences setting where you can specify that path so they'll appear the next time the project is loaded. If clips are located in different directories you may have to set that path more than once, or use the Spreadsheet as others suggested.

jamestownhodag
09-15-2010, 03:44 PM
That is a very handy Item. I use it for TC when I need to redirect an edit list in SE and return it to TC. Works well! And then I have to reset them. But it does save time when you have deleted the file.