PDA

View Full Version : Merge object and its colors!

jaxtone
08-18-2009, 06:59 AM
I have tried to find some valuable information about this but gives up.

Is there a way to let different objects colors melt into each others in a natural way when physical 3D-objects merge into each other?

Sarford
08-18-2009, 07:07 AM
Make them transparent, use a white background and no backfaces?

jaxtone
08-18-2009, 07:27 AM
Since I just had a few minutes to sort this out I made my own conclusion and it was almost what you suggest. I added double sided surface to each of them and I also added a few mms depth in (Y) between each of them.

But this was the fast solution for pretty lame objects. Any idea of how to do this when the object has got volume and mass?

Make them transparent, use a white background and no backfaces?

Sarford
08-18-2009, 07:39 AM
Still the same way, but I wouldn't make them transparent with the transparency setting in the standard surface panel, I would use the Dielectric shader for that and kill the reflection/specular and go from there.

jaxtone
08-18-2009, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the info Sarford. Im gonna try that... my solution craved that I increased the value of the color filter to 70% under the "Advanced" option in the Surface panel.

This is a quick and dirty job so I have to use After FX to make the circles merge before the end frame in the animation.

Im gonna try the Dielectric shader soon!

Still the same way, but I wouldn't make them transparent with the transparency setting in the standard surface panel, I would use the Dielectric shader for that and kill the reflection/specular and go from there.