PDA

View Full Version : Newtek CORE animation system-any news?

bugzilla
08-16-2009, 01:48 PM
I saw the preview videos for CORE and was hoping to hear something at this year's SIGGRAPH about it. I know Newtek did not have a presence there this year. I was wondering, does anyone have any idea what the new features of CORE are going to be that were not shown in the videos? I know there is instancing and a MODO like feel to the modeling tools. As you may know from my posts my main issue with Lightwave has been with the animation system, particularly for character animation. I know it can be done in LW. It's just far easier and less frustrating in other software. I was hoping CORE would have a whole new system and borrow liberally from Blender and XSI, but I have heard NOTHING new about the animation system.

Any news anyone?

cresshead
08-16-2009, 02:01 PM
nothing has gone public as yet in regards to animation, rigging and deformations in CORE.

hrgiger
08-16-2009, 02:04 PM
There's no news available at the moment for the public other then the CORE reveal as well as some posts made by Chuck and Jay on the subject. Nothing has been revealed yet about what they have in store for character animation in CORE.

Ernest
08-16-2009, 04:00 PM
nothing has gone public as yet in regards to animation, rigging and deformations in CORE.Except for the whole "every modeling action and deformation will be animatable" deal.

erikals
08-17-2009, 10:02 AM
yep, things have been stated... but modeling tools are first,
i hope they take a look at rebelhills comments on LW rigging btw,... (www.rebelhill.net)

adamredwoods
08-17-2009, 06:41 PM
LW Core looks good and I like where it's going-- but it'll take a while. I can wait.