PDA

View Full Version : security key

bluelion
08-26-2003, 01:48 PM
I recently bought LW7.5 and it will only run in demo mode because it won't find the darn key.
I un-installed...ran the sentinel drivers( which ask you to not have the key in the USB at the time ) and re-installed LW. When I put the key in the USB it crashed my computer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure I am doing something wrong. When installing LW it didn't even ask for the CD key printed on the installation CD.

HELP!!!

Maxx
08-26-2003, 02:12 PM
Wierd that the dongle crashed your system... Try unintalling everything (LW and sentinel drivers), then install just the USB sentinel drivers. Reboot the system, plug in the dongle and install LW. I seem to remember some odd behavior with the sentinel drivers, but simply reinstalling it seemed to fix it. (Brute force. Can't beat it! :D )

The installation won't ask for the CD-KEY, I don't think. It'll give you your hardware lock ID when you start Layout or Modeler, which you will then tell Newtek when you register the soft.

bluelion
08-26-2003, 04:00 PM
Thank you for the quick reply. I'll give that a try. I also found another post on this forum that gave a different sentinel driver to download and run

http://www.rainbow.com/support/sentinelesc.asp

Thanks again!