PDA

View Full Version : Changing rotation channels for IKBoost

Costanel
08-15-2009, 03:43 AM
Hey there,

I've been playing around with IKBoost the last couple of days, and am really suprised with how powerful it is. Surely more people should use this.

Now I'm trying the edit the rotation channels of several bones, but with the Bone Twist tool I can't seem to be able to change the first bone in the chain(it always alters the one thereafter). I've got bones that need the Pitch for rotation forward, but now the heading is there.
So: How can I change the first bone in the chain, without altering the bones beneath?

I also found the Align Pitch and Record Pivot position tools, but they don't seem to do anything here. How could that be? I would also to have an option to put every bone in rest-pose with 0,0,0 rotation coordinates.

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

SplineGod
08-15-2009, 04:20 AM
The bone twist tool works similar to the way the bank handles work with skelegons....when it parent coord mode you have to adjust the parents orientation to actually change the childs.
OR
You can also use the bone twist tool on the actual bone you wish to adjust and then hit shift + p (record pivot rotation). The downside of doing that is that LW expressions dont see the new orientation but the old one. Same with LWs targetting. The good news is that those same functions work fine when using Relativity.
I agree about how powerful IKB is and I do use it quite a bit. :)

Costanel
08-19-2009, 04:13 PM
Strange that the Bone Twist tool has no option for twisting the bone selected. Is this a bug?

Now I'm rotating using the pivot rotation, but will check your solution as well, thanks!

SplineGod
08-19-2009, 04:22 PM
its not a bug. As I said its the same way skelegons work. Its because LWs Coordinate system is PARENT based.
You can use bone twist on the selected bone but y ou have to hit shift+p to record the pivot rotation afterward.