PDA

View Full Version : Render Lines - How can I put an surface selction to do not render line?

RFFL
08-14-2009, 02:44 PM
Hello ppl.

I have the object in the surface editor, it is subdivided in parts. ok.
I set in the render setup to render lines and in object props to render lines in that object. But I want do not render lines in some parts of this object. How can I do that without have to create another object?
Thanks

toby
08-14-2009, 03:13 PM
You can't use the object lines options on just part of an object. You'll have to use the surface option instead, or break the object into separate pieces.

Lewis
08-14-2009, 03:15 PM
Do it in post process, render one WITH and one WITHOUT lines and mix in Photoshop later :).

Sarford
08-15-2009, 12:58 PM
Or bake a texture with the lines, then remove the lines on the texture in PS where you don't want them, re-aply the new texture and render your movie.

If you UV'ed your model it should be even easier since you already have your 'lines' in your UV stamp. Remove the apropreate lines, apply the texture, render the movie and presto.

RFFL
08-16-2009, 09:18 AM
Thanks guys!
I will try Sarford's sugestion, because the project is a movie and I cant render it twice.

Another question, how can I put the line color as the color of the object? I know it is possible to do in others app, but I dont if LIghtwave has this option.

thx again