PDA

View Full Version : sculpting app survey [multi choice]

cresshead
08-14-2009, 12:32 PM
sculpting app survey [multiple choice]

yeah i know..no zbrush listed...[poll limit is 18 choices]
that'll be in the next poll don't worry...just want to guage how well the other sculpting apps fair from people trying them out.

i like a quick poll from people here on what apps they've tried out for sculpting and see if those demo's turned into purchases and after the purchase do you continue to use it or was it just a fad that's worn off.

basically what demo's have you tried for sculpting, which you bought/use and which you bought and dropped also due to the limit of 18 in a poll i couldn't list hexagon, 3dsmax, maya etc.. so feel free to post that maybe you use the basic sculpting in softimage/3dsmx for your needs...

probiner
08-14-2009, 01:54 PM
Tryed 3D Coat and Modo. Look great. If i had to buy one today... it would depended a lot of the specific thing i was doing.

I don't see why CORE should have these. Altough it could be great, sounds like a loss of focus for a program that is stepping up in other implemented areas of work.

You work in 3D Software Marketing or Journalism cresshead? =)

Cheers

meatycheesyboy
08-14-2009, 03:11 PM
I'm not sure if I understand the poll. What is the meaning of dropped it? If you tried it but you don't use it, didn't you drop it? Isn't that implied?

I didn't take the poll but I own Silo and Zbrush, I use Zbrush only, no Silo though. I've never tried any of the others.

cresshead
08-14-2009, 03:16 PM
I'm not sure if I understand the poll. What is the meaning of dropped it?

dropped it means you bought it but no longer activly use it...for me that would be silo and hexagon i bought both, tried sculpting with both but dropped them and no longer use them, but i DID spend money on buying them and not just demo's.

basically:

i have used it
i currently use it
i no longer use it