PDA

View Full Version : How do you use Trail plugin?

daforum
08-13-2009, 03:32 PM
Hi,
does anyone know how to use the Trail plugin? and are there any tutorials on it's use with geometry?

Thanks.

SplineGod
08-13-2009, 05:00 PM
DStorms trailer plugin?

daforum
08-14-2009, 05:32 AM
Hi Larry. I'd love to use that plugin as it looks great, but i'm on a UB Mac.

All i'd like to know is if the Trail script produces the same results as the Trailer plugin, and if anyone has any examples they can post.
I've seen the movie (advert) on DStorms site where the trailer plugin is located and it's an effect i would like to create too.

vpii
08-14-2009, 05:47 AM
It has been a few years but if I remember right I used trailer on the light streaks here. You need to make a segmented poly strip and apply it to the motion of whatever your keyframeing.

Regards

oobievision
08-14-2009, 06:28 AM
http://www.newtek.com/sigvideos/

click on the streamers video that should help!

SplineGod
08-14-2009, 07:34 AM
Trail and Trailer are totally different. Serpent can sorft of do what Trailer does but is very limited and dog slow. You might also try LWs curve conform, inertia, even cloth dynamics .

daforum
08-14-2009, 07:03 PM
Trail and Trailer are totally different. Serpent can sorft of do what Trailer does but is very limited and dog slow. You might also try LWs curve conform, inertia, even cloth dynamics .

I just wanted to know if Trail could do the same as Trailer. I'll give curve conform, inertia, and cloth dynamics a go. :thumbsup:

daforum
08-17-2009, 05:58 AM
I used the lazy points plugin in the end and found this worked very well for what I wanted.
Thanks everyone for all your suggestions.

oobievision
08-17-2009, 06:01 AM
lazy points is good, but for streamers seems like inertia is the most flexible one, can u show us what u where working on?