PDA

View Full Version : Hardballer

Sarford
08-13-2009, 02:39 PM
I modeled this gun as a prop for another scene which I'm still working on. Modeled from photo's, but without any reference in the scene so it is not dead acurate, but since it isn't gonna be a hero model I guess it is acurate enough.
It was modeled in Silo and shaded and rendered in LightWave. Textures were done in Photoshop.

Critique is welcome.

http://www.blinq.net/pictures/HardBallers.jpg

Scazzino
08-13-2009, 03:39 PM
Looks great Sarford! :thumbsup:

Not much to change... maybe put it on a better background?

Nicolas Jordan
08-13-2009, 03:48 PM
They look pretty good. Made in USA? You don't see that much anymore. Maybe gun manufacturing hasn't been outsourced to China yet. :D

RollerJesus
08-14-2009, 07:43 AM
Really nice image Sarford. I always fall for a good gun render...

Perhaps a little (more?) bump on the rubberized portion of the grip. Then dirty it up a bit... I obsess to keep my gun squeeky clean and still get finger prints/grime here and there.

Beautiful render though, agree with Scazzino on seeing it out in the wild too.

Sarford
08-14-2009, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the compliments guys!

@ Scazzino: You are right about the background, its bad. My excuse is that this is just a prop so I didn't want to spent too much time on a background/scene. I'll propably make a decent secene with it (as a hero model) after the other scene.
I tend to start too many things and then struggle to get them finished, so I have to brace myself ;)

@ RollerJesus. Sofar the gun metal is made of standard nodes with only the text being a map. But the gun has a neat UV map so adding grime and dirt shouldn't be a problem. I'm gonna do that when I get to make the hero scene. Thanks for the hint.
Oh, and if you could post a pic of your grimed gun that would be fab, I only have picts of realy clean guns. Thanks mate.

borkus
08-15-2009, 02:56 PM
The grip housing is a little too angled, but it shouldn't matter as far as that goes. I only noticed it in having owned so many of these through the years...