PDA

View Full Version : Missing FiberFX plugin

alepooh
08-13-2009, 11:51 AM
Hi everyone

All the strange things in Lightwave 9.6 is happening to me. I lost many important plug-ins like FiberFx, SkyTracer2 and an others.

Do you have any idea why is happening this?

When I open a old project it says "No plug-in of type.......found with the name....... Would you like to load it from disk?"

I was trying to found them in my disk but they disappeared.

I have a LW Macintosh version.

Could a macintosh people send me please FiberFX plugin?

I know is free in version 9.6. That's why I'm begging it.
Thanks!!!:help::help:

rsfd
08-13-2009, 02:23 PM
Hi alepooh,

for 9.6UB all the default plugins are hosted in Lightwave 3D Application Folder > SharedSupport > Plugins.
Maybe you used plugins in your older projects, that aren't available for 9.6 anymore (e.g. sasquatch) or originate from CFM version while you are using UB now?
(CFM plugins end ".p", UB plugins end ".plugin" - many older 3rd party plugins aren't recompiled for UB)

Personally I think the easiest way to get a new default LW-setup would be to download 9.6 from your Newtek account (and maybe doing a backup?)
Can't send the FFX-plugin as I think FFX consist of several parts which I don't know their names and where they are located.

littlewaves
08-14-2009, 11:16 AM
I've been occasionally having disappearing plugin problems recently and haven't got to the bottom of it yet or figured out enough about when it happens to send a bug report but sometimes I just open layout and stuff (like FiberFX) is missing.

The way I seem to be able to get them back is by deleting a file called "Extension Cache" which I find at:

/Users/*my name*/Library/Application Support/LightWave3D/Extension Cache

not sure what it's for but if I delete it and start layout up again then my plugins are back.

presumably there's something that I'm regularly doing that's screwing this up but as yet I can't find what that something is.