PDA

View Full Version : Thumbnail Previews

Stephen0523
08-13-2009, 07:36 AM
Hi all. Does anyone know a way to preview Lightwave files without having to open them in Lightwave? Very frustrating when looking for a file when all you see is the attached icon.
I am on a Mac Pro and have become very accustomed to icons!

Kuzey
08-13-2009, 07:49 AM
You might want to have a look at TNGViewer (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98678).

Kuzey

Stephen0523
08-13-2009, 08:07 AM
Thanks. I am trying it out, but its doesn't seem to have a way to view a group of scenes at once like a in a thumb nail catalogue.

Kuzey
08-13-2009, 08:25 AM
Yeah...it doesn't. But it does have a "top scenes" feature, which are previews of the 18 most viewed files. Since it's freeware, I don't think they spend the extra time to add it....but you never know.

It's still a great program and fun too :D

Kuzey

Stephen0523
08-13-2009, 08:44 AM
Very good, I will try it. Thanks for your help.

pignus
12-04-2009, 08:33 AM
Yeah...it doesn't. But it does have a "top scenes" feature, which are previews of the 18 most viewed files. Since it's freeware, I don't think they spend the extra time to add it....but you never know.

It's still a great program and fun too :D

Kuzey

We have nothing against adding advanced viewing features to TNGViewer, such as thumbnails, model/scene caching, directory browsing and so on; however, I don't think I could justify similar changes to management and still keep the application free.

Maybe we could publish a commercial TNGViewer version (TNGViewer Pro?) with said features; however, I am not sure (1) how many people would buy such a product, and (2) how much we could charge for it...

Until I can find reasonable answers to these issues, reasonable as in "may be understood and accepted by business people", I'm afraid we can't add the desired features to TNGViewer.

Thanks for your understanding,
Dario

pignus
12-04-2009, 08:50 AM
An example of "reasonable" as described in my previous post: the latest useful TNGViewer feature, multiple independent windows with shared resources (introduced in version 1.1.0.470 (http://tng3d.com/version_history.html)), was agreed upon because it made sense to particular presentation/licensing customers.

While e.g. directory browsing might be very useful for people running the application as a simple model/scene viewer, it might not make much sense in the context of monolithic presentation customers.

I could go on but I hope you get the idea -- management has to see open wallets before they accept our tech requests.

Ciao,
Dario

Kuzey
12-04-2009, 01:05 PM
I was dreaming, but I thought that might be the case....hehe :D

Kuzey