PDA

View Full Version : All these foreigners on here talking good English...

Pages : 1 [2]

shrox
08-18-2009, 10:32 AM
Hey Doug, remember me? Learning language doesn't have to be just for the young. Now we have technology. There are some programs that make learning new languages fast and easy. They understand how the brain works and all that.

I was just just on my iPhone the other day and was amazed at how many great language learning tools they have that can now be carried with you. They combine images and voice as well.

I still speak Japanese, and now I have a little Korean, a little Spanish and am starting to learn Tagalog.

The tools are out there.

Hi Terrence.

I just messaged you.

Terrence is one of the great innovators in using Lightwave, when he speaks, you should listen. That's his radiosity skull by the way, we worked together at Rainbow Studio in Phoenix long ago...

SBowie
08-18-2009, 10:42 AM
Hey Doug, remember me?Not Doug, but I certainly do. How are you, Terrence - and where are you these days? What's the latest-greatest from StudioArtFX?

radams
08-18-2009, 12:51 PM
Not Doug, but I certainly do. How are you, Terrence - and where are you these days? What's the latest-greatest from StudioArtFX?

Hello Terrence!!!

Me to, What have you been up to these days?

I"m back in the US...where are you?

As Shrox stated, Terrence is one cool dude...and an artist with amazing ideas and talent!

Welcome back!!!

Cheers,

jaxtone
08-18-2009, 02:14 PM
The ironic character image of a criminal Yugoslav in Sweden have almost been the same since the 70īs. If a guy drives a silver metallic Mercedes, wear a short leather jacket and a thick golden bracelet, heīs definitely connected to the Yugoslav mafia.

But in the 90īs strange things happend when the amount of refugees from countries connected to the war on Balkan rised high. Since most of these refugees ended up in Swedish suburbian ghettoes that already had huge communication problems between cultures one can say that nothing went better for sure. There were loads of newcomers that didnīt get any apartements and then commercial interests saw immediate possibilities to increase their profit on behalf of the refugees problems, everything supported by Swedish taxpayers. Luxuary hotels and cargo ships were rapidly transformed into refugee camps where traumatised individuals from many different cultures were pressed into each others integrity just to make the rich richer.

Daily situations can of course be very complex when language and cultural background isnīt compatible with each others. I remember that the police had to do go for red alert one too many times when small conflicts lead to stabbings and beatings. Gypsies didnīt cope well with African refugees, and many X-Yugoslavian citizens accused each others for terrible crimes, there were also people that had escpaed from the war between Iraq and Iran at the same places. But even if all these conflicts were awkward they still felt like free education in social experiments to me. Iīve learnt to know people from each and every ethnical group later on and have learnt so much more by listening to them.

Many clans of gypsies are very careful with their hygiene when it comes to washing clothes and how they treat food on a table. Africanīs might be just as hygienic in some matters but at the dinner table many ethnical groups from the countryside in Africa eat with their hands. Voila! The riot between these two ethnical group lead to that the Swedish state had to separate them! I remember that this made me wonder, if they canīt cope at a dinner table how would their future in Sweden be then?

But back to the Balkan newcomers! Not only pleasure were connected with their social capacity since many Kosovo-Albanians where very quick in showing rough mentality even in small social situations. (When reading a little bit about which poverty and police brutality they experience from their childhoods itīs easy to see why they have become so protectionistical. No excuse but at least an explanation.) Their kids were much so much tougher, (or emotionally damaged), compared to Swedish kids and in conflicts very untraditional methods compared to traditional Swedish solutions started up. To me it seemed like some of them never been involved in a civilized society earlier. They reminded me about primitive and gained with a very undeveloped social competence where most of their actions were connected to brutality.

One of our neighbours were from Kosova-Albania (I still donīt know where that is), and the father in that family were some kind of a mafia boss teaching his sons to act as himself. My wife once interrupted one of his teenage sons when this juvenile was about to beat up an 80 year old Swedish woman just because she asked him to decrease the volume on his stereo. The old lady called the police and asked my wife as a witness. I was in Las Vegas during that period but my wife called me and told me that there were knife marks on our door and that her bicycle was damaged. The Kosovo-Albanian father stood outside our kitchen window late nights pulling his own finger over his throat staring at her, so this was kind of scary for her.

Later that month he went into the supermarket my wife worked extra at as a cashier. He had his 5 year old son at his side and just when they had payed the father gave his son a sign and he spit my wife in the face. People in the que saw this happen but since most everyone knew his relations with the Albanian mafia everyone looked in another direction.

Unfortunally many Kosovo-Albanians in Sweden has got a bad reputation and itīs not because every male or female with this ethnical background are bad seed. Probably it has more to do with the fact that the well-behaved are invisible compared to a minority of criminal individuals. The reason must be that no honest man or woman ever would dare to challenge or questioning the bad guys from the same origin. Itīs way to dangerous since these scoundrels never had any intentions to behave or communicate as civilized citizens in Sweden.

About serbs then, well the latest guy I heard about came here in the 70īs to work in a factory were last week sentenced to 12 years in jail for big financial crimes. According to the official court version he had built up a really big business but forgot to pay his taxes and itīs also said that he werenīt dead nice to his competitors. He is definitely not representative for the Jugoslavians that came here during the 60īs and 70īs. They all went more Swedish than native Swedes and only saw the Swedish industry and technology sector as a possible way to build a better life through hard work and ambitions.

Finally there was this girl I mentioned in the beginning of my thread contribition. I guess she was a serb but her only crime was that she was born so damn sexy and beautiful. :D

I know there are a lot refugees from Bosnia war, most of them being Muslim in Sweden. I met some of them, nice family who made a big business with fish selling stores. I know there is a lot of different cases, but I wonder how people from exYugoslavia blend into Swedish society from Swede point of view?

You know, like they are ok, thye're worse than Lebanese and such? How are they perceived through Swede eyes? If we were sitting in a pub and talking and you think of me as Aussie for example, what would you tell me about Croatians, Bosnians, Serbs etc?

Be honest, I don't mind :)

DiedonD
08-18-2009, 02:46 PM
But back to the Balkan newcomers! Not only pleasure were connected with their social capacity since many Kosovo-Albanians where very quick in showing rough mentality even in small social situations. (When reading a little bit about which poverty and police brutality they experience from their childhoods itīs easy to see why they have become so protectionistical. No excuse but at least an explanation.) Their kids were much so much tougher, (or emotionally damaged), compared to Swedish kids and in conflicts very untraditional methods compared to traditional Swedish solutions started up. To me it seemed like some of them never been involved in a civilized society earlier. They reminded me about primitive and gained with a very undeveloped social competence where most of their actions were connected to brutality.

One of our neighbours were from Kosova-Albania (I still donīt know where that is), and the father in that family were some kind of a mafia boss teaching his sons to act as himself. My wife once interrupted one of his teenage sons when this juvenile was about to beat up an 80 year old Swedish woman just because she asked him to decrease the volume on his stereo. The old lady called the police and asked my wife as a witness. I was in Las Vegas during that period but my wife called me and told me that there were knife marks on our door and that her bicycle was damaged. The Kosovo-Albanian father stood outside our kitchen window late nights pulling his own finger over his throat staring at her, so this was kind of scary for her.

Later that month he went into the supermarket my wife worked extra at as a cashier. He had his 5 year old son at his side and just when they had payed the father gave his son a sign and he spit my wife in the face. People in the que saw this happen but since most everyone knew his relations with the Albanian mafia everyone looked in another direction.

Unfortunally many Kosovo-Albanians in Sweden has got a bad reputation and itīs not because every male or female with this ethnical background are bad seed. Probably it has more to do with the fact that the well-behaved are invisible compared to a minority of criminal individuals. The reason must be that no honest man or woman ever would dare to challenge or questioning the bad guys from the same origin. Itīs way to dangerous since these scoundrels never had any intentions to behave or communicate as civilized citizens in Sweden.

Thats a totally un Albanian like behavior!

Heres where we are BTW

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Location_Kosovo_Europe.png

Hallo, south here, over here, north east from Albania, look there accross the Adriatic sea from Italy!

waves

Anyway, its so wrong in so many levels.

First, the elders are perceived like the wisest in providing solutions in difficlt honorable situations. All the fierce emotional excitement is gone with the age now, and only wisdom remained. Them old people have a huge role in the society, and you dare not touch them unless (due to some abuse of such an advantaged role) the other side gets too provocked.

Now not only was she not provocking by telling to close the volume lower, but its a she, and its the elder part of the society! Three broken Albanian codes right there!

Moving on. Threats arent made to the female population. In fact that would be seem like a very, VERY low move, hit, if you will! The discrace comes with a 'Sow, you cant show your teeth to the real man, you go to the woman huh!' its terrible disrespectful! So rather unlike Albanian. If he had something to say, he shouldve waited for you. And talk about it 'like men' on a special room of yours on your own house.

Same goes with using children to communicate their message in such manner!

Thats a really derranged Albanian you have there! That has lost it all! He should get a grip, and come back to his sences and identity! Cause this is disgraceful to me even, knowing what that one did!

It seems theyve become alienized to themselves aswell! He should know way better than that! Where the f-uck are his real Albanian manners!!

Perhaps some termporary insecurity has pushed this guy out of his mind really! Should there be a settlement, and peace in his mind, he should come to his senses. Otherwise, I for one, if nothing works really wouldnt care what you do to him! Cause thats rather most non Albanian like to begin with!

akademus
08-18-2009, 02:49 PM
Some interesting information.

You're not the only one having troubles with them.

I did heard about albanian as well as, serbian and montenegrian gangs or mafias in Sweden, there was a movie with similar thematic I think. I don't really know are they still present there.

I have been in Germany on several occasions, I have some family there, and I always had hard times explaining I'm neither refugee nor immigrant nor "gastarbeiter" and never really be able to hear an honest opinion about people coming from balkans.

Thanks a lot for this insight.

She has to be Serbian, they are some mighty cougars among them. They are similar to Hungarian girls, but more wild :D I'd know

I live with one for 2 years now :D

The ironic character image of a criminal Yugoslav in Sweden have almost been the same since the 70īs. If a guy drives a silver metallic Mercedes, wear a short leather jacket and a thick golden bracelet, heīs definitely connected to the Yugoslav mafia.

But in the 90īs strange things happend when the amount of refugees from countries connected to the war on Balkan rised high. Since most of these refugees ended up in Swedish suburbian ghettoes that already had huge communication problems between cultures one can say that nothing went better for sure. There were loads of newcomers that didnīt get any apartements and then commercial interests saw immediate possibilities to increase their profit on behalf of the refugees problems, everything supported by Swedish taxpayers. Luxuary hotels and cargo ships were rapidly transformed into refugee camps where traumatised individuals from many different cultures were pressed into each others integrity just to make the rich richer.

Daily situations can of course be very complex when language and cultural background isnīt compatible with each others. I remember that the police had to do go for red alert one too many times when small conflicts lead to stabbings and beatings. Gypsies didnīt cope well with African refugees, and many X-Yugoslavian citizens accused each others for terrible crimes, there were also people that had escpaed from the war between Iraq and Iran at the same places. But even if all these conflicts were awkward they still felt like free education in social experiments to me. Iīve learnt to know people from each and every ethnical group later on and have learnt so much more by listening to them.

Many clans of gypsies are very careful with their hygiene when it comes to washing clothes and how they treat food on a table. Africanīs might be just as hygienic in some matters but at the dinner table many ethnical groups from the countryside in Africa eat with their hands. Voila! The riot between these two ethnical group lead to that the Swedish state had to separate them! I remember that this made me wonder, if they canīt cope at a dinner table how would their future in Sweden be then?

About serbs then, well the latest guy I heard about came here in the 70īs to work in a factory were last week sentenced to 12 years in jail for big financial crimes. According to the official court version he had built up a really big business but forgot to pay his taxes and itīs also said that he werenīt dead nice to his competitors. He is definitely not representative for the Jugoslavians that came here during the 60īs and 70īs. They all went more Swedish than native Swedes and only saw the Swedish industry and technology sector as a possible way to build a better life through hard work and ambitions.

Finally there was this girl I mentioned in the beginning of my thread contribition. I guess she was a serb but her only crime was that she was born so damn sexy and beautiful. :D

DiedonD
08-18-2009, 03:12 PM
I understand that given your recent history, this is no joking matter to you. Even so, the sole alternative is xenophobia, bitter and constantly deepening racial, religious and ethnic distrust and division. That course is doomed to failure, and is also a sad waste of human resources since many of those from other lands simply do not harbour smoldering animosity, and are just hoping to live a quiet life in peace with their families and neighbours. Many often have much to contribute, given the opportunity.

It seems to me to make more sense to do what can be done to weed out the weeds and try to enjoy the diversity of the rest of the garden. Otherwise, one must arm himself, buy an island and surround it with mines and barbed wire. Those seem to be the options.

Globalisation... It mustve come from the Americas.

Easier to let other people in and have their ways regardless how different if not 180 degree and polarized values are in comparison with yours, on a land that wasnt really yours to being with, than on other lands that natives have lived there for more than 2 millenya!

Cause during all that time, values have settled in the lands sort of speak, and one wishes that newcomers should then respect and adopt those!

You come to where I live, you live as I do - sort of speak!

Plus we all just won it back again!

But I guess we go with the flow! There will be some quite interesting and new problems to discuss in the meantime!

There were jokes about a Mulatto wearing a plis (native Albanian white hat), and talking in Albanian with all the good manners expressed, saying 'Mirserdhet (welcome)' and showing you off to the guest room.

We were laughing at it. With Globalisation it looks like it may happen after all!

shrox
08-18-2009, 03:15 PM
I'd really like us to knock off (stop) that nationalism angle here, if the thread about language is dead, then it's dead.

DiedonD
08-18-2009, 03:21 PM
I'd really like us to knock off (stop) that nationalism angle here, if the thread about language is dead, then it's dead.

Hey its easy for you to say. Youve had these problems before probably, and have become somewhat more immune to it by now.

I for one am beeing eposed to it in recent years! Its hot!

Not mixing you get too nationalistic and too paranoid. Mixing you kinda loose grasp from the land man! Whose is it, you end up asking!

shrox
08-18-2009, 03:35 PM
Hey its easy for you to say. Youve had these problems before probably, and have become somewhat more immune to it by now.

I for one am beeing eposed to it in recent years! Its hot!

Not mixing you get too nationalistic and too paranoid. Mixing you kinda loose grasp from the land man! Whose is it, you end up asking!

I started the thread. Obey me now!

I just don't like to see a decent topic falling in name calling, hurt feelings and the possibility of being locked. I suppose even a thread about kittens would somehow devolve into "my kitty is better than your kitty" or "orange tabbys are bird murderers"...

akademus
08-18-2009, 04:00 PM

I just don't like to see a decent topic falling in name calling, hurt feelings and the possibility of being locked. I suppose even a thread about kittens would somehow devolve into "my kitty is better than your kitty" or "orange tabbys are bird murderers"...

Sad but true.

Some people see opportunity in every thread to promote their kitties and demote the neighbor's!

Cause you know, neighbor kitties kill birds!

jaxtone
08-18-2009, 04:20 PM
The thread had a purpose but as always one thing leads into another, and if you think about it there is an indisputable strong connection between a language and itīs culture and traditions!

I started the thread. Obey me now!"

Yes Bwana! Defintely agree! I obey you master! :D

I just don't like to see a decent topic falling... I suppose even a thread about kittens would somehow devolve into "my kitty is better than your kitty" or "orange tabbys are bird murderers"...

Hahaha... damn right! That awkward situation is more for sensitive little kids! I believe there must be a large headroom for ironi and satire whatever the subject is.

radams
08-18-2009, 04:24 PM

Unfortunately too true...

There are many good and bad things that happen in our world, our countries and our cultures.

There are many faiths and points of few...

There are some serious experiences, concerns, etc...that have happened to many here...

Please this is not the forum to properly express them.
For all those who've had horrible, tragic, things happen...I'm sorry for those things happening to you, your families. or peoples.

But please express this in another place or forum...if need be take it to PM...
If you feel so in need to express please post a blog..

This is a forum for NewTek products...and thou this is the General section...which can get off track all to often...

Let's please bring this back to topic...and help each other with creating better creations, productions, and products...

For even those with opposite opinions and cultures can benefit themselves and everyone else with better communications.

For all those here on this forum...who are not native English speakers, thanks for putting up with us (too often monolingual) English speakers.

Let's help each other improve our communication skills and make some GREAT stuff with each others help and insights.

Cheers,

SBowie
08-18-2009, 05:13 PM
Mixing you kinda loose grasp from the land man! Whose is it, you end up asking!I read something profound on this topic a while back. We don't really own the land. This fact is made obvious by the fact that it will still be here long after we are gone.

shrox
08-18-2009, 05:22 PM
I read something profound on this topic a while back. We don't really own the land. This fact is made obvious by the fact that it will still be here long after we are gone.

I am taking mine with me. Rather than be buried in the dirt in a box, I am going to have my box filled with my dirt.

SBowie
08-18-2009, 06:02 PM
I am taking mine with me. Rather than be buried in the dirt in a box, I am going to have my box filled with my dirt.
Your box of dirt will just wind up assimilating you. ;)

radams
08-18-2009, 06:58 PM
I read something profound on this topic a while back. We don't really own the land. This fact is made obvious by the fact that it will still be here long after we are gone.

Actually this concept is how many native indian cultures believe...that no one can own the earth...that is something that has been given to us to be a part of and finally come back to...but no one can own it :)

Also many nomad cultures have the same beliefs...

Cheers,

shrox
08-18-2009, 07:45 PM
Your box of dirt will just wind up assimilating you. ;)

Yes, but I am hoping to have the biggest box ever!

*Pete*
08-18-2009, 09:29 PM
back to languages.

most, if not all, European nations teach two or more languages at school...the second language is often English.
since the American continent is split between English and Spanish (and portugese) it would only make sence to teach spanish at schools in USA and english in the south american schools.

you would both get a way to communicate on all of your continent, and both would have a language that is usefull elsewhere in the world.

is there any such suggestions for us schools?

radams
08-18-2009, 09:58 PM
back to languages.

most, if not all, European nations teach two or more languages at school...the second language is often English.
since the American continent is split between English and Spanish (and portugese) it would only make sence to teach spanish at schools in USA and english in the south american schools.

you would both get a way to communicate on all of your continent, and both would have a language that is usefull elsewhere in the world.

is there any such suggestions for us schools?

At least here in the Southwest US...yes it is taught...just badly...and not required...

Even with Spanish...it is not taught as helping to be fluent...only to pass a class...and most forget it within minutes of finishing the class.

So it is not given the same dedication or intensity as other subjects...but I also need to add that even English isn't taught very well here either.

Cheers,

probiner
08-18-2009, 09:59 PM
LOL i wonder how "True Americans" face the possibilty of their kids talking spanish (castellano).

It would make a great sketch i wonder to make a kid come home and talk hardcore french (for example) at dinner table xD

Kidding, i guess they have ppl talking other languages there too Pete, probably as an option tough.

Cheers

PS: ok radams answered about it

*Pete*
08-18-2009, 10:32 PM
Africanīs might be just as hygienic in some matters but at the dinner table many ethnical groups from the countryside in Africa eat with their hands. Voila! The riot between these two ethnical group lead to that the Swedish state had to separate them! I remember that this made me wonder, if they canīt cope at a dinner table how would their future in Sweden be then?

most of us eat with their hands when we eat:

fruits.
Hamburgers.
Kebab.
Pizza.
Cookies.
Candies.
Bread....

and..yeah, CHICKEN...i hate to try to dig the meat out with a fork and a knife, i typically pick the chicken into my hands and eat it in a barbaric way ;)

...i could go on...but i think i made a point ;)

African food is often different from ours, its meant to be eaten with hands.
its not messy, there is no/very little sauce or other that would make your hands dirty....we eat hamburgers holding them in our hands and to be honest, i bet they taste better that way too..

your discovery and shock over the African way to eat is not unusual...i felt the same too, untill i met Johannes from Kenya, Afrika....he runs/ran an African restaurant in Gothenburg where some dishes are served and eaten the traditional way....i wish i could remember the name of the place so i could recommend it to you.

many of our "shocking discoveries of the barbaric ways of the immigrants" are only half truths, half-realitities where we see for us the worst...but dig a little deeper and you find a very valid and natural explanation.

*Pete*
08-18-2009, 10:35 PM
and....the Africans are actually suprised and discusted over the fact that we eat the spices!! lol

Africans lay spicy leafs on the food to give taste and remove them before eating, we grind those leafs into powder and stray into the food.

the accuses of uncivilised behavior go both ways, i quess ;)

jaxtone
08-18-2009, 11:11 PM
Yeah youīre right... I am a hand eater myself. But after Iīve established a close friendship with both Gypsie and African families I have a bigger understanding for how and why these food table clashes may have started up at the refugee camp.

Even if me and the African families eat with our hands there is a slight difference when it comes to how to treat the public tins, pots and jars on a kitchen table, you know those who contains sour pickled gherkin and many different delicacies. It must have been totally disgusting for these Gypsie families when the African table guests did put their hands deep and directly into tins, pots and jars at the kitchen table where all had to sit. I totally agree with their frustration when thinking of where people had their hands during a day, and since people at a refugee camp comes from different part of the planet I guess the bacterias donīt have a common language from day one. :D

most of us eat with their hands when we eat:

fruits.
Hamburgers.
Kebab.
Pizza.
Cookies.
Candies.
Bread....

and..yeah, CHICKEN...i hate to try to dig the meat out with a fork and a knife, i typically pick the chicken into my hands and eat it in a barbaric way ;)

...i could go on...but i think i made a point ;)

African food is often different from ours, its meant to be eaten with hands.
its not messy, there is no/very little sauce or other that would make your hands dirty....we eat hamburgers holding them in our hands and to be honest, i bet they taste better that way too..

your discovery and shock over the African way to eat is not unusual...i felt the same too, untill i met Johannes from Kenya, Afrika....he runs/ran an African restaurant in Gothenburg where some dishes are served and eaten the traditional way....i wish i could remember the name of the place so i could recommend it to you.

many of our "shocking discoveries of the barbaric ways of the immigrants" are only half truths, half-realitities where we see for us the worst...but dig a little deeper and you find a very valid and natural explanation.

jaxtone
08-18-2009, 11:35 PM
Iīve said earlier that Swedish students learn at least two or more languages at school but thatīs not true if you add the fact that the Swedish school system also offers every student that comes from a different country something that is called "home language classes". Then we talk about a couple of hundreds more spread out on the total mass of students.

This service is for all young immigrants and refugees that study in a Swedish school and the meaning is that these kids shall not forget about their heritage or feel lost in their new country. These studies goes more on the depth of cultural and ethnical knowledge than common language classes. Sounds nice though but I forgot to say that this service only benefits students that arrives from countries that the school system probably feel sorry or guilt for.

Since my own kids motherīs heritage is Great Britain, for some unaccountable reason the Swedish school system suddenly doesnīt see British or American English as a foreign language. Therefore my own kids are outnumbered and never had a single theoretical, historical or cultural lesson in their own mothers language even if it is printed in the Swedish laws that this is for "everyone". That this in fact is for any student that have one or two parents with a language from another culture or country. Itīs kind of weird to see how discrimination hits kids just because they have their roots in the western culture, and the most weird thing is that the last thing newcomers need is to be victimized.

back to languages. most, if not all, European nations teach two or more languages at school...the second language is often English. since the American continent is split between English and Spanish (and portugese) it would only make sence to teach spanish at schools in USA and english in the south american schools.

you would both get a way to communicate on all of your continent, and both would have a language that is usefull elsewhere in the world. is there any such suggestions for us schools?

jaxtone
08-18-2009, 11:41 PM
What can I say more than that this is a link to some of the most wise words Iīve heard anyone express about the past and the future of America!

Heīs a native indian, yeah! Heīs old, you bet! Heīs cool, no doubt!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=SE&hl=sv&v=ULjuoW9Z6ag :thumbsup:

Actually this concept is how many native indian cultures believe...that no one can own the earth...that is something that has been given to us to be a part of and finally come back to...but no one can own it :)

Also many nomad cultures have the same beliefs...

Cheers,

*Pete*
08-18-2009, 11:50 PM
I not only had Finnish as "home language" in Swedish school, but the first 6 years in school were completely in finnish language..teachers all finnish, students all finns..so where your kids got discriminated i got favourized LOL

jaxtone
08-18-2009, 11:51 PM
A while ago I tried to impress on my kids by cooking an African stew. I found some African recipies on Google and there was a specie called Osho Sho that should be added into my stew. Couldnīt find it anywhere in the shops in my neighbourhood either so I skipped it. I could have ordered it on internet but that doesnīt help when the stove is hot... and I also have this thing with spices, I wanīt them to be fresh!

Since I donīt know how the pot would have tasted with Osho Sho I wonder if anyone here ever tasted it? Maybe Osho Sho was some kind of neutralizer for the total taste in that stew?

My kids didnīt enjoy my surprise and said the whole meal tasted not like Osho Sho but rather like Old Shoes. :D

http://www.foodsubs.com/Photos/oshosho.jpg

and....the Africans are actually suprised and discusted over the fact that we eat the spices!! lol

Africans lay spicy leafs on the food to give taste and remove them before eating, we grind those leafs into powder and stray into the food.

the accuses of uncivilised behavior go both ways, i quess ;)

warmiak
08-19-2009, 12:00 AM
What can I say more than that this is a link to some of the most wise words Iīve heard anyone express about the past and the future of America!

Heīs a native indian, yeah! Heīs old, you bet! Heīs cool, no doubt!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=SE&hl=sv&v=ULjuoW9Z6ag :thumbsup:

These people with all their spiritual attachment to mother earth, were dying in thousands because of simple diseases, famine and simple things you wouldn't even consider a threat these days. It took white men with their "shallow and silly " attachment to technology and belief in the power of knowledge to make sure that their children have a decent chance to outlive puberty ... so forgive me is I disregard his spiritual nonsense.

jaxtone
08-19-2009, 12:00 AM
Since my father escaped from Russia during the World War II I am well aware of everything that is connected to be a second generation refugee kid. The teachers in Swedish schools in the 60īs were really rough against anyone that didnīt have a Swedish heritage. I never learnt to speak a single word of the Russian language but were still beaten up weekly without any reasons accused for being a commie. I was just 10 years old and didnīt know anything about certain things but my teacher in "christian religion and the message of love" were convinced that I had to be punished into my bones for my heritage.

Maybe thatīs why I never felt much for learning my fathers language... :hey:

I not only had Finnish as "home language" in Swedish school, but the first 6 years in school were completely in finnish language..teachers all finnish, students all finns..so where your kids got discriminated i got favourized LOL

jaxtone
08-19-2009, 12:27 AM
I admit Im not an expert in theoretical history but try to learn when I havenīt got the facts and so should you do cowboy! :D

I respect your opinion but itīs so full of missed facts that I can hear the wind blowing right trough it. If you so totally have missed the fact that U.S. was not European, Asian or African from the start Im sorry to say it but you have to educate yourself. A very destructive cowboy culture have been walking on stolen soil ever since and even if you think so this is not a spiritual fairy tail, its hard facts whether you like it or not.

Hereīs some information written in American English about what your medical treatment really meant to the natives, specially linked to you from me with lots of love...

"Native populations of the Americas lacked immunity to the infectious diseases that had ravaged Europe and Asia for centuries. Sparse populations on the Plains, and in the pristine valleys of the Rocky Mountains, prevented a buildup of communicable diseases. The "white man" diseases… measles, chicken pox, typhus, typhoid fever, dysentery, scarlet fever, diphtheria, and after 1832, cholera…were devastating to the American Indian. Lumped together, these diseases did not equal the havoc of smallpox in terms of number of deaths, realignment of tribal alliances, and subsequent changes in Canadian and American Indian Cultures."

African slaves were used on the sugar plantation of the West Indies, and with them came smallpox that they were probably exposed to on the ships. The first of these slaves were brought by Columbus. In 1495, fifty-seven to eighty percent of the native population of Santa Domingo and in 1515, two-thirds of the Indians of Puerto Rico were wiped out by smallpox. Ten years after Cortez arrived in Mexico, the native population had been reduced from twenty-five million to six million five hundred thousand a reduction of seventy-four percent. Even the most conservative estimates place the deaths from smallpox above sixty-five percent (Bray).

Prior to the arrival of Europeans, various sources estimate native population in North and South America at ninety to one hundred million. In the fifteen hundreds, the American Indian population in North America has been estimated at approximately twelve million, but by the early nineteen hundreds, the population had been reduced to roughly four hundred and seventy-four thousand. It is impossible to arrive at a number for the millions of American Indians killed during this period by European diseases with smallpox the deadliest by far... (more to read at...)

http://www.thefurtrapper.com/indian_smallpox.htm

These people with all their spiritual attachment to mother earth, were dying in thousands because of simple diseases, famine and simple things you wouldn't even consider a threat these days. It took white men with their "shallow and silly " attachment to technology and belief in the power of knowledge to make sure that their children have a decent chance to outlive puberty ... so forgive me is I disregard his spiritual nonsense.

warmiak
08-19-2009, 12:38 AM
It doesn't matter what happened 300 years ago. Sure, a lot of people died but since then there were literally millions saved because of simple vaccines and other little things we do take for granted.
In any case, my point was that his spiritual way was and still is pretty much useless when it comes to making sure that infants don't die in large numbers because of simple diseases etc ... and people have enough to eat.
The so called “spiritual” way is just another word for ignorance and backwardness.

As far as destructive cowboy culture ... I have no idea what are you talking about. Should we go back to Vikings and start enumerating their sins ?
How can you be sure you are not living on a land that was stolen from someone else long time ago ?

I admit Im not an expert in theoretical history but try to learn when I havenīt got the facts and so should you do cowboy! :D

I respect your opinion but itīs so full of missed facts that I can hear the wind blowing right trough it. If you so totally have missed the fact that U.S. was not European, Asian or African from the start Im sorry to say it but you have to educate yourself. A very destructive cowboy culture have been walking on stolen soil ever since and even if you think so this is not a spiritual fairy tail, its hard facts whether you like it or not.

Hereīs some information written in American English about what your medical treatment really meant to the natives, specially linked to you from me with lots of love...

"Native populations of the Americas lacked immunity to the infectious diseases that had ravaged Europe and Asia for centuries. Sparse populations on the Plains, and in the pristine valleys of the Rocky Mountains, prevented a buildup of communicable diseases. The "white man" diseases… measles, chicken pox, typhus, typhoid fever, dysentery, scarlet fever, diphtheria, and after 1832, cholera…were devastating to the American Indian. Lumped together, these diseases did not equal the havoc of smallpox in terms of number of deaths, realignment of tribal alliances, and subsequent changes in Canadian and American Indian Cultures."

African slaves were used on the sugar plantation of the West Indies, and with them came smallpox that they were probably exposed to on the ships. The first of these slaves were brought by Columbus. In 1495, fifty-seven to eighty percent of the native population of Santa Domingo and in 1515, two-thirds of the Indians of Puerto Rico were wiped out by smallpox. Ten years after Cortez arrived in Mexico, the native population had been reduced from twenty-five million to six million five hundred thousand a reduction of seventy-four percent. Even the most conservative estimates place the deaths from smallpox above sixty-five percent (Bray).

Prior to the arrival of Europeans, various sources estimate native population in North and South America at ninety to one hundred million. In the fifteen hundreds, the American Indian population in North America has been estimated at approximately twelve million, but by the early nineteen hundreds, the population had been reduced to roughly four hundred and seventy-four thousand. It is impossible to arrive at a number for the millions of American Indians killed during this period by European diseases with smallpox the deadliest by far... (more to read at:)

http://www.thefurtrapper.com/indian_smallpox.htm

DiedonD
08-19-2009, 12:40 AM
Why cant US citizens, and even the enitire Americas live by the native American way?

It would make sense then.

Runs away

:D

warmiak
08-19-2009, 12:46 AM
Why cant US citizens, and even the enitire Americas live by the native American way?

It would make sense then.

Runs away

:D

Yeah, it is cool to talk about spiritual ways while drinking a beer but once your kid gets seriously sick with pneumonia ... where are you going to take him ?
To a spiritual shaman to have him blow some smoke and say some prayers or to a local hospital ?

Unless you routinely go for the former ... talking about "destructive cowboy ways" is ******* silly.

DiedonD
08-19-2009, 12:51 AM
As far as destructive cowboy culture ... I have no idea what are you talking about. Should we go back to Vikings and start enumerating their sins ?
How can you be sure you are not living on a land that was stolen from someone else long time ago ?

Allow me to elaborate what kind of a clash is it this time.

Most Europeans are native to the lands. Values are tied in with the lands.
Now the arrival of immigrants that care nothing of those values that are tied in with the lands, makes natives feel like their generosity (that comes from allowing immigrants to get there in the first place) is insulted!

Thus theres a feeling that newcomers should respect native values.

Clash that with how well you respect native values and youll see the dynamics behind the 'Cowboy' stereotype mentioned by Jaxtone.

warmiak
08-19-2009, 12:54 AM
Allow me to elaborate what kind of a clash is it this time.

Most Europeans are native to the lands.

You like to think you are but you really aren't.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Migration_Period

My point is that if you dig enough you will find that at one point or other, the land you live on belonged to someone else.

warmiak
08-19-2009, 01:20 AM
The whole spiritual/native vs modern way of living is best summarize by this cartoon.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_of9ue2vob2g/RqK-xTU9mFI/AAAAAAAAA9M/9RfummJ29Z4/s320/eco-skeptical+cavemen.gif

DiedonD
08-19-2009, 01:20 AM
You like to think you are but you really aren't.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Migration_Period

My point is that if you dig enough you will find that at one point or other, the land you live on belonged to someone else.

Well no, not in our case. Roman Empire is too soon, cause its written very well that Ilirya, that spread throughout the east Adriatic coast was brought down first by the Roman Empire. Then the Byzantine and so on and so forth, ending now with the Serb one after 2000 years. Ilirians are our ancestors.

And if you go before Ilirya, youll go way, WAY back, when primitive man started roaming earth. And some of them choose certain European coasts, that werent inhabited by none at the time!

warmiak
08-19-2009, 01:25 AM
Well no, not in our case. Roman Empire is too soon, cause its written very well that Ilirya, that spread throughout the east Adriatic coast was brought down first by the Roman Empire. Then the Byzantine and so on and so forth, ending now with the Serb one after 2000 years. Ilirians are our ancestors.

And if you go before Ilirya, youll go way, WAY back, when primitive man started roaming earth. And some of them choose certain European coasts, that werent inhabited by none at the time!

That's just wishful thinking ... you really have no idea who you are and where you come from.
Given that humans (as we recognize them now) have been around for about 200 000 years, mere 2000 years is just nothing.

*Pete*
08-19-2009, 01:31 AM
Warmiak is correct...tracing our roots back in history only goes afew generations before we lose the track.

i know that i have sami, finnish and russian blood in me, and this is only the 3 last generations...add 3 more, or 30 generations and who knows, i could just as well have illurian ancestors, or something.

and from the same period of time, diedons ancestors could have been the Romans who fought illurians lol
...we are all a mix of everything possible and i think it is the best that way...pure ethnicity/race gives severe handicaps on dogs, and propably the same for humans too.

Lightwolf
08-19-2009, 01:32 AM
It doesn't matter what happened 300 years ago. Sure, a lot of people died but since then there were literally millions saved because of simple vaccines and other little things we do take for granted.

300 years ago? If we're talking about the time when the first settlers brought diseases over to the Americas then Europe suffers just as much from plagues, diseases and famine... and the cure used most often was blood-letting.
Modern medicine couldn't have a saved a single native American because at the time vaccination was actually discovered* they were already dead for quite a long time.
If you weren't talking about 300 years ago then th epoint is moot anyhow. It's not like that natives had much of a chance to find out where their civilization was going, was there?

Cheers,
Mike

*In Europe that is... the Chinese understood the principles of vaccination since 200B.C. is wikipedia is to be trusted.

Lightwolf
08-19-2009, 01:36 AM
Given that humans (as we recognize them now) have been around for about 200 000 years, mere 2000 years is just nothing.
Yup, this one is a lot more fun:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Map-of-human-migrations.jpg

Cheers,
Mike

DiedonD
08-19-2009, 01:36 AM
But then youre going to Prehistoric man Warmiak!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iliria

warmiak
08-19-2009, 01:42 AM
300 years ago? If we're talking about the time when the first settlers brought diseases over to the Americas then Europe suffers just as much from plagues, diseases and famine... and the cure used most often was blood-letting.
Modern medicine couldn't have a saved a single native American because at the time vaccination was actually discovered* they were already dead for quite a long time.
If you weren't talking about 300 years ago then th epoint is moot anyhow. It's not like that natives had much of a chance to find out where their civilization was going, was there?

Cheers,
Mike

*In Europe that is... the Chinese understood the principles of vaccination since 200B.C. is wikipedia is to be trusted.

Again , we were talking about spiritual ways as represented by the old Indian dude.
Given that premise, It doesn't matter what happened 300 or even 400 years ago just like it doesn't matter what happened 5000 years.

Whatever rate their civilization was advancing at (if any) was clearly not sufficient to compete with other civilizations so it ultimately doesn't matter.
While we could listen to him just like we would listen to any other human, in terms of civilizational advice he has really nothing to offer ....

DiedonD
08-19-2009, 01:45 AM
Warmiak is correct...tracing our roots back in history only goes afew generations before we lose the track.

i know that i have sami, finnish and russian blood in me, and this is only the 3 last generations...add 3 more, or 30 generations and who knows, i could just as well have illurian ancestors, or something.

and from the same period of time, diedons ancestors could have been the Romans who fought illurians lol
...we are all a mix of everything possible and i think it is the best that way...pure ethnicity/race gives severe handicaps on dogs, and propably the same for humans too.

Oh Im all new to this 'Lets mix the world' thing altogether!

And Im not against it, but find it difficult to be so fragile to change.

I mean, there were so many wars to fight off assimilation, which is a forced change, here and everywhere else for the past 2000 years, now we are just going to let it happen!

All the people for the past 2000 years that wanted so badly not to change, and expand their values above the others, werent stupid were they?

And arent DNA tests to proove how mixed you are?

Us here believe that we are what we are ever since then!

Lightwolf
08-19-2009, 01:50 AM
Whatever rate their civilization was advancing at (if any) was clearly not sufficient to compete with other civilizations so it ultimately doesn't matter.
That's an interesting point of view.
Now apply it to more recent (attempted) genocides... *ouch*

Cheers,
Mike

warmiak
08-19-2009, 01:52 AM
Oh Im all new to this 'Lets mix the world' thing altogether!

And Im not against it, but find it difficult to be so fragile to change.

I mean, there were so many wars to fight off assimilation, which is a forced change, here and everywhere else for the past 2000 years, now we are just going to let it happen!

All the people for the past 2000 years that wanted so badly not to change, and expand their values above the others, werent stupid were they?

And arent DNA tests to proove how mixed you are?

Us here believe that we are what we are ever since then!

There is nothing permanent about anything ... it sounds silly but that's how it is.
There is no land that belongs to you or me or anyone else .. it is all matter of particular circumstances , your ability to defend yourself ( not just in pure military terms) or even just pure chance.

akademus
Probably Diedon will go mad about this but the difference between Serbs and Albanians is 10%.

According to geneaology researches I posted earlier, today Albanians are 30% Illirians, Serbs are 20% Illirians and Croatians are 34% Illirians, more than todays Albanians.

https://www.igenea.com/index.php?content=49a&id=4

Antic Peoples in Albania
Illyrian 30 %
Slav 20 %
Thracians 18 %
Phoenician 16 %
Hellenic People 14 %
Vikings 2 %

Antic Peoples in Bosnia-Herzegovina
Illyrian 40 %
Teuton 20 %
Celtic 15 %
Slav 15 %
Hunnians 6 %
Thracians 4 %

Antic Peoples in Croatia
Illyrian 34 %
Slav 20 %
Celtic 18 %
Teuton 12 %
Phoenician 8 %
Hellenic People 8 %

Antic Peoples in Serbia & Montenegro
Slav 30 %
Illyrian 21 %
Teuton 18 %
Celtic 14 %
Phoenician 9 %
Hellenic People 6 %
Vikings 2 %

So that kinda story doesn't really hold water.

Following the logic, Americans should return their "land" to native Indians (probably ending like a giant casino continent :D ), Aussies should leave the continent and flee back to Britain, which also isn't a happy sollution, at least for Britains.

DiedonD
While we could listen to him just like we would listen to any other human, in terms of civilizational advice he has really nothing to offer ....

Yes, but I was explaining the clash to you.

Its natives on the land, that always stood there, having to allow foreigners to live there. And foreigners to abuse the values that have been tied with the lands, is like allowing abuse sort of speak. And against that natives in Europe fought for millenyas.

Which brings the tendency to have those immigrants respect present land native values, that were there far before they settled in.

Its just that, clashes with native indians in America.

Ok so thats the clash, thats the set stage, the arena, the ring.

Im neither picking sides nor fueling anything. You just didnt seem to understand why the sudden Jaxtonian 'Cowboy' remark. I think its because you may have seem to him like such a disrespecting person of native land values, in a Cowboy style.

warmiak
08-19-2009, 01:56 AM
That's an interesting point of view.
Now apply it to more recent (attempted) genocides... *ouch*

Cheers,
Mike

Yeah, well ... if you think about it , this is what it comes down to.
We like to speak about our rights but ultimately there is no "right" to anything ... your right to life is defined by your ability to defend yourself ( or convince others to defend you.)

warmiak
08-19-2009, 02:09 AM
Probably Diedon will go mad about this but the difference between Serbs and Albanians is 10%.

According to geneaology researches I posted earlier, today Albanians are 30% Illirians, Serbs are 20% Illirians and Croatians are 34% Illirians, more than todays Albanians.

Man ... seems like Teutons and Vikings really got around a lot back then.

akademus
08-19-2009, 02:12 AM
Man ... seems like Teutons and Vikings really got around a lot back then.

Some of those figures amazed me too. I knew about Celtic tirbes, but not about the others

DiedonD
08-19-2009, 02:13 AM

https://www.igenea.com/index.php?content=49a&id=4

Antic Peoples in Albania
Illyrian 30 %
Slav 20 %
Thracians 18 %
Phoenician 16 %
Hellenic People 14 %
Vikings 2 %

Antic Peoples in Bosnia-Herzegovina
Illyrian 40 %
Teuton 20 %
Celtic 15 %
Slav 15 %
Hunnians 6 %
Thracians 4 %

Antic Peoples in Croatia
Illyrian 34 %
Slav 20 %
Celtic 18 %
Teuton 12 %
Phoenician 8 %
Hellenic People 8 %

Antic Peoples in Serbia & Montenegro
Slav 30 %
Illyrian 21 %
Teuton 18 %
Celtic 14 %
Phoenician 9 %
Hellenic People 6 %
Vikings 2 %

Theres a flaw on those data. It may be not updated properly.

See, how can they say, certain people in one land are this much percent like that and this much percent like another kind?

It must be that theyve took the samples (blood) from all the people on those countries, and tested and saw the percentages there then.

And since its Serbia and Montenegro, and there is no Kosova on that list there, it is quite possible that theyve taken samples from us Albanians here, and Serbs there and Montenegrians over there, and made up one data far all, thus came up with such results!

See what Im getting at!

They accidentally put us on your group! It mustve made a terrible mess on the percentages of antic people genes, while coming up with a one group of people for all.

They took samples in Kosova Albanian population, which Ilirian percentage wouldve been way higher should our countrys peoples samples wouldve been taken devided from the rest of you, and results came out only for Kosova.

Surely the percentage went way lower when they had to mix the data from Serbs in Serbia and in Montenegro aswell.

They made the error of thinking that we are still one Serbia and Montenegro thingy!

So dont hurry so much with you non holding water thingy.

warmiak
08-19-2009, 02:18 AM
Some of those figures amazed me too. I knew about Celtic tirbes, but not about the others

Czech Republic:
Teutons: 50%
Slav: 42 %
Jews: 8 %

Poland:
Teutons: 60%
Slavs: 32%
Jews: 8%

Germany:
Celtic 45 %
Teuton 25 %
Slav 20 %
Jews 10 %

Silly how Czechs and Poles were always whining about Teutonic invasions coming from Germany while in reality they are more Teuton than the Germans.

warmiak
08-19-2009, 02:24 AM
They made the error of thinking that we are still one Serbia and Montenegro thingy!

It doesn't really matter ... does it ?

akademus
08-19-2009, 02:24 AM
Theres a flaw on those data. It may be not updated properly.

See, how can they say, certain people in one land are this much percent like that and this much percent like another kind?

It must be that theyve took the samples (blood) from all the people on those countries, and tested and saw the percentages there then.

And since its Serbia and Montenegro, and there is no Kosova on that list there, it is quite possible that theyve taken samples from us Albanians here, and Serbs there and Montenegrians over there, and made up one data far all, thus came up with such results!

See what Im getting at!

They accidentally put us on your group! It mustve made a terrible mess on the percentages of antic people genes, while coming up with a one group of people for all.

They took samples in Kosova Albanian population, which Ilirian percentage wouldve been way higher should our countrys peoples samples wouldve been taken devided from the rest of you, and results came out only for Kosova.

Surely the percentage went way lower when they had to mix the data from Serbs in Serbia and in Montenegro aswell.

That is how they still dividing it.

However, if you take Bosnians and Croatians they both have more Illyrian blood then Albanians in Albania!

How can Albanians in Albania have less illiryan blood then Albanians in Kosovo. They should have more, as they didn't mix that much with Serbs, Macedonians and others.

DiedonD
08-19-2009, 02:34 AM
Well perhaps we were stricter followers of old codes. Whatever, thats just one explanation of how can such on old code be used in the first place.

But following the same logic, youll see that that Iliryan blood is put among Serbs there with an error aswell!

What the heck did you had to do with Iliryans anyway! You came to native Iliryans and seeing what you did in modern times, who knows how far worse you mightve done then!

The high percantage of Iliryan for Serbs is mistakenly there by putting that data from us here!

Otherwise Id say youd be 2% Iliryan tops!

*Pete*
08-19-2009, 02:45 AM
WHOO!!!

im 70 percent VIKING!! :D

Finland.

Vikings 70 %
Finno-Ugrer 20 %
Saami 8 %
Balts 2 %

here is Norway.
Vikings 88 %
Teuton 12 %

looks like us Scandinavians are the most "pure" ethnically ;) lol

Lightwolf
08-19-2009, 02:46 AM
Yeah, well ... if you think about it , this is what it comes down to.
The next following step would be racial supremacy theories...

We like to speak about our rights but ultimately there is no "right" to anything ... your right to life is defined by your ability to defend yourself ( or convince others to defend you.)
What a sad view of humanity... thousands of years of so called progress down the drain.

Cheers,
Mike

akademus
08-19-2009, 02:52 AM
Well perhaps we were stricter followers of old codes. Whatever, thats just one explanation of how can such on old code be used in the first place.

But following the same logic, youll see that that Iliryan blood is put among Serbs there with an error aswell!

What the heck did you had to do with Iliryans anyway! You came to native Iliryans and seeing what you did in modern times, who knows how far worse you mightve done then!

The high percantage of Iliryan for Serbs is mistakenly there by putting that data from us here!

When tribes live on the same area it's impossible not to mix. No matter how much you don't like it.

OK, then, how come Croatians have more Illyrian blood then Albanians in Albania?

*Pete*
08-19-2009, 02:54 AM

lol

seriously...this is the type of statistic that is to be expected, and if anything it shows that you all share the same blood...except that YOU have viking blood and Akademus does not :D

you want a nation based on something that the Serbs do not share ancestry to, go viking on it..call it Holmgard, miklagard or something ;)

akademus
08-19-2009, 02:55 AM
WHOO!!!

im 70 percent VIKING!! :D

Finland.

Vikings 70 %
Finno-Ugrer 20 %
Saami 8 %
Balts 2 %

here is Norway.
Vikings 88 %
Teuton 12 %

looks like us Scandinavians are the most "pure" ethnically ;) lol

Had a lot do to with climate I guess :D

Those are some fascinating data. Make people realize much more about themselves.

akademus
08-19-2009, 03:00 AM
I most proud on my 14% Celtic inheritance. It explains why I can drink 2 six packs, stand up and walk away :D

*Pete*
08-19-2009, 03:03 AM
Had a lot do to with climate I guess :D

Those are some fascinating data. Make people realize much more about themselves.

nah, i knew it already...not as proven statistics, but for the fact that no nation or people ever managed to invade any of the scandinavian nations other than the Germans during ww2, which is propably part of the reason Norwegians score high on Teutons.

and the same time as nobody brought fresh blood here, we spread it to everywhere else.
the Vikings are one of the most important factors for getting european middleage economy to function as well as it did, with Vikings introducing new traderoutes (they were mainly traders first, axe wielding maniacs second).

warmiak
08-19-2009, 03:04 AM
The next following step would be racial supremacy theories...

What a sad view of humanity... thousands of years of so called progress down the drain.

Cheers,
Mike

Sad but true. If you are not strong and capable of defending yourself or don't live in a society where there are others tasked with defending you, it takes just one individual who doesn't respect your right to life to end it all.

So what do you do on a global scale ?
Either be strong or rely on forming alliances with nations capable of preventing others from destroying the status quo.
Look at history .. it has always been the case that having a strong nation (an empire or whatever) dominating over others and as long as the dominant nation was acting reasonably , the world ended up being more peaceful and predictable place for the majority of people.

You talking about thousands years of progress doesn’t make much sense since the most atrocious things in terms of human suffering happened just 60+ years ago – so where is the progress you are talking about ?

warmiak
08-19-2009, 03:11 AM
n but for the fact that no nation or people ever managed to invade any of the scandinavian nations other than the Germans during ww2, which is propably part of the reason Norwegians score high on Teutons.

You know ... people tend to invade places that are worth invading :-)
You are just lucky (?) enough to live in a place most people would consider unlivable :-)

*Pete*
08-19-2009, 03:33 AM
You know ... people tend to invade places that are worth invading :-)
You are just lucky (?) enough to live in a place most people would consider unlivable :-)

lol...and thats propably the reason for Vikings trying to invade everyone else, too :D

DiedonD
08-19-2009, 03:42 AM
OK, then, how come Croatians have more Illyrian blood then Albanians in Albania?

Croatians! Just another tribe of Iliria.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalmatia_%28Roman_province%29

We share a common ancestry with real Croatians/Dalmatians. The non slavic one.

But they got to exposed and too assimiliated I guess for them to have such lower percentage of Ilirian for these days.

34% is nothing! They too have probably mixed the data with other slavic people there.

Lightwolf
08-19-2009, 03:43 AM
You talking about thousands years of progress doesn’t make much sense since the most atrocious things in terms of human suffering happened just 60+ years ago – so where is the progress you are talking about ?
Precisely that progress... i.e. none. But we act as if.

As for the atrocities... there been a few wars with millions of casualties in the past thousands of years, not just 60+.
It's just gotten a lot easier recently since the efficiency has increased.

Cheers
Mike

akademus
08-19-2009, 04:20 AM
Croatians! Just another tribe of Iliria.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalmatia_%28Roman_province%29

We share a common ancestry with real Croatians/Dalmatians. The non slavic one.

But they got to exposed and too assimiliated I guess for them to have such lower percentage of Ilirian for these days.

34% is nothing! They too have probably mixed the data with other slavic people there.

See now how both logic and science fail when it comes to personal interests. Data is mixed because people are mixed. It's impossible to claim any one live in a homogeneous society, especially in Europe as the most diverse continent.

DiedonD
08-19-2009, 04:26 AM
See now how both logic and science fail when it comes to personal interests. Data is mixed because people are mixed. It's impossible to claim any one live in a homogeneous society, especially in Europe as the most diverse continent.

Whatever!

You asked for Croatias high Ilirian percentage. I told you that if theyd check more on the Dalmatian part of it, theyd find even higher percentage than that.

And its even higher than 30% in here, but it gets that low cause they mixed the unmixable. Serbia and Montenegro have nothing to do with Kosova, its an old error needing to be updated.

Should they do so, theyll find not only greater Ilirian percentage for Kosova, but way lower pecentages of Ilirian for Serbia than 20%.

Those data werent taken properly.

akademus
08-19-2009, 04:48 AM
Whatever!

You asked for Croatias high Ilirian percentage. I told you that if theyd check more on the Dalmatian part of it, theyd find even higher percentage than that.

And its even higher than 30% in here, but it gets that low cause they mixed the unmixable. Serbia and Montenegro have nothing to do with Kosova, its an old error needing to be updated.

Should they do so, theyll find not only greater Ilirian percentage for Kosova, but way lower pecentages of Ilirian for Serbia than 20%.

Those data werent taken properly.

Low, as you said nothing, 30% of illirian for "unmixed" Albanians in Albania still remains the mystery! :D

Who ever told you the fairytale about you being mythical ancient people who lived and suffered conquerors throughout millenniums and now retrieved what belonged to them from the dawn of times, obviously lied to you.

DiedonD
08-19-2009, 04:53 AM
lol

seriously...this is the type of statistic that is to be expected, and if anything it shows that you all share the same blood...except that YOU have viking blood and Akademus does not :D

you want a nation based on something that the Serbs do not share ancestry to, go viking on it..call it Holmgard, miklagard or something ;)

Tempting :D

But no thanks. I already have a nation that Serbs do not share ancestry to. Its Republic Of Kosova :hey:

DiedonD
08-19-2009, 05:01 AM
Low, as you said nothing, 30% of illirian for "unmixed" Albanians in Albania still remains the mystery! :D

Who ever told you the fairytale about you being mythical ancient people who lived and suffered conquerors throughout millenniums and now retrieved what belonged to them from the dawn of times, obviously lied to you.

Well I never did care what you think, cause it has to one way or another do its best to belittle my country. Thats the part of your sticky personality. The part where no matter what you just POSSIBLY cant stand without dealing with me.

And that is low. I understand when Im not wanted you know. Should someone speak up all the bads about me I wouldnt talk to that one any longer ever again. But your a low life you know. I keep on exposing your bads, keep on telling your hidden attacks with sarcasm on true things, and you keep on coming back, like a desperate begger than wont ever stop of having a relationship with me no matter how bad I speak or consider that one to be!!

How much more lower are you prepared to go by all my unwantings of having anything to do with you, just so as you have those precious moments of dealing with me?

Im flattened that you think of me that high. But that doesnt changes how low I think of you are! So what else do you want to have to do with this guy that doesnt cares, wants or even is totally deaf to whatever you may ever say to him? Wanna go more lower than this? Be my guest! Reply to me again and again, if I must find the line where from there on you give yourself at least some value, and wont care about anyone else (including me hopefully) above that, then alas Ill be free from your attempts to deal with me in one way or another in whichever subject with whichever friend that I have!

Thats what it is about you!

Now my replies are never about you cause you know what I think about you stickiness. Im just explaining it to my beloved community thats all.

And I know youve heard this repedatlyy by now, but bugger off will you! Go stick to someone else if you please!

Man what a loser!

DiedonD
08-19-2009, 05:04 AM
Now then. Why does Albania has lower percentage. Well they, unlike us, have been a republic way longer. And perhaps theyve mixed more!

akademus
08-19-2009, 05:10 AM
Well I never did care what you think, cause it has to one way or another do its best to belittle my country. Thats the part of your sticky personality. The part where no matter what you just POSSIBLY cant stand without dealing with me.

And that is low. I understand when Im not wanted you know. Should someone speak up all the bads about me I wouldnt talk to that one any longer ever again. But your a low life you know. I keep on exposing your bads, keep on telling your hidden attacks with sarcasm on true things, and you keep on coming back, like a desperate begger than wont ever stop of having a relationship with me no matter how bad I speak or consider that one to be!!

How much more lower are you prepared to go by all my unwantings of having anything to do with you, just so as you have those precious moments of dealing with me?

Im flattened that you think of me that high. But that doesnt changes how low I think of you are! So what else do you want to have to do with this guy that doesnt cares, wants or even is totally deaf to whatever you may ever say to him? Wanna go more lower than this? Be my guest! Reply to me again and again, if I must find the line where from there on you give yourself at least some value, and wont care about anyone else (including me hopefully) above that, then alas Ill be free from your attempts to deal with me in one way or another in whichever subject with whichever friend that I have!

Thats what it is about you!

Now my replies are never about you cause you know what I think about you stickiness. Im just explaining it to my beloved community thats all.

And I know youve heard this repedatlyy by now, but bugger off will you! Go stick to someone else if you please!

Man what a loser!

I see you again lost your civilized way of conversation and turned to personal attacks instead. Nice!

akademus
08-19-2009, 05:11 AM
Now then. Why does Albania has lower percentage. Well they, unlike us, have been a republic way longer. And perhaps theyve mixed more!

That must be it. It so logical to mix more in your own country than in someone elses!

SBowie
08-19-2009, 05:20 AM
These people with all their spiritual attachment to mother earth, were dying in thousands because of simple diseases, famine and simple things you wouldn't even consider a threat these days.I haven't watched the clip, so won't comment on it - but in all fairness, white Europeans died in the tens of thousands from precisely the same diseases throughout history, many of which diseases these same Europeans brought to America's shores as unwelcome 'gifts'.

I strongly suspect an unbiased study would demonstrate that modern standards of hygiene have as much or more to do with the improvement in such matters over the years as any pharmaceutical advances, and it's only relatively recently that society has lifted itself out of filth and squalor. And, from what I've read, places like Japan and China were far ahead of the west in matters of simple cleanliness. High tech get's way too much credit afaics.

meshpig
08-19-2009, 05:27 AM
I only get the 'Votka' part ;)

In Sunday, what on you is enough of votka?

No - "I hope that you have enough vodka" ... Ping. Where did Sunday come from?

In any case I never touch the stuff, now must read through the brouhaha in the preceding pages:)

DiedonD
08-19-2009, 05:31 AM
No - "I hope that you have enough vodka" ... Ping. Where did Sunday come from?

In any case I never touch the stuff, now must read through the brouhaha in the preceding pages:)

I thought I read Nedelja there in Cyrilic. Which means Sunday.

What dont you touch? Votka? How about black Martini with orange? Whats a brouhaha?

Lightwolf
08-19-2009, 05:34 AM
I strongly suspect an unbiased study would demonstrate that modern standards of hygiene have as much or more to do with the improvement in such matters over the years as any pharmaceutical advances, and it's only relatviely recently that society has lifted itself out of filth and squalor. And, from what I've read, places like Japan and China were far ahead of the west in matters of simple cleanliness. High tech get's way too much credit afaics.
At least if you look at the changes from the 17th to the 18th century, absolutely. Hygiene had a major impact in Europe in that time.

Cheers,
Mike

SBowie
08-19-2009, 05:52 AM
But they got to exposed and too assimiliated I guess for them to have such lower percentage of Ilirian for these days.Seriously, dude - it makes no difference if someone is Ilirian, Irish, Indian or 100% Inuit. We're all quite undeniably one big and very disfunctional family -and not just in the long lost mists of prehistoric time. Genetics has demonstrated this over and over (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identical_ancestors_point). Quibbling over percentages is just wishful thinking.

Ultra-nationalist pride has been inextricably intertwined with racism, raw greed, and fanatical religion in the most despicable activities of mankind. We're all mongrels - embrace it. And we have no ethical claim beyond those of a temporary tenant to any part of the earth we walk on, whether we killed the guy who was here when we arrived or were born on it. It will be here when both we and our nation are forgotten by history. While we are here, however briefly, we might as well treat it and each other with respect to the extent possible.

jaxtone
08-19-2009, 05:58 AM
Warmiak!

I wonder why the word "spiritual" that the peaceful, old and wise native american in the linked videoclip mentioned scares you that much?

Just to make this clear. This old man is an quite famous internationally, a well respected lecturer that travels global and learn leaders from both political and business top areas a lot of life. Warmiak tries to minimize his intelligence by focus on this old wise mens "spritual" side. But I would like to say that Warmiak is doing himself more damage than necessary. I guess the top leaders from the world wouldnīt have listened to a single word if the "spirit" wasnīt merged with a lot of intelligence and life experience!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=SE&hl=sv&v=ULjuoW9Z6ag
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEQK77yjEAc&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81CnWaj8980&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr43dW2heh4&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox51PCqdyy0&feature=related

Iīd like to compare your frustration about his wisdoom with when the most spiteful anti-gay protesters seems to actually have hidden agendas for their sexlifes to not get caught themselfes if you see what I mean? What are you afraid of, this guy wonīt take your injection needles away, and he speaks American English to!

It doesn't matter what happened 300 years ago.

Of course it matters what happend 300 years ago easily explained as without a past no one of us wouldīve existed at all! Sorry to say this because I really donīt want to mess things up but it seems to me like you are trying to making a knot of yourself in your intention to convince me. I am of the opinion that without a past no man can see the important connection between his past and future.

Sure, a lot of people died but since then there were literally millions saved because of simple vaccines and other little things we do take for granted...

More true is that the vaccination campaigns and a european culture that was forced on the native americans shoulders vanished about 60 millions of them. And if that is not enough tell me where the buffalo that been living and dying harmony with the American Natives for thousands of years were almost exterminate in less than 50 years after the white Europeans introduced themselfes on American soil! In my opinion millions of desperate Europeans that only in it for dollars always have had an eager desire for eating more than they take care of!

About these vaccination campaigns we have a lot to learn nowadays when the Svineflu is widely spread on the planet. Read a little more of what independent medicial scientists say about mass hysteria and mass vaccinations. Itīs not obvious that financial institutes and medical industrial giants have the right information.

The so called “spiritual” way is just another word for ignorance and backwardness.

... and the stock market is doing fine these days sire? I guess you are more illusionary than me then! Isnīt it time for other solutions than the ones you suggest. When 2/3īs of the planet are starving, fishes in the oceans are about to dissappear, rain forests are about to being destroyed at the same time the war industry and greedy financial organisations fill their pockets.

Are you trying to convince me with an global economical collapse by insinuate that I might be too spiritual? Well I wish you the best of luck, but to be honest your version of reality isnīt reliable at all, to anyone!

jaxtone
08-19-2009, 06:11 AM
Steve!

You are definitely and totally wrong here since ethnical heritage makes a great difference. Try to drink whiskey with a japanese dude and youīll see why! :hey:

Most japanese loves whiskey but since their metabolism canīt break it down as on Europeans theyīll get so damn drunk quickly that itīs like drinking the aqua of life with a young woman. First fast and funny but pretty quinck a mess.

Hereīs a dude we all know. Making a few bucks in a commercial for Japanese whiskey brand Suntory! My name is Bond, James Bond:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amnpKeRivMI

Seriously, dude - it makes no difference if someone is Ilirian, Irish, Indian or 100% Inuit. We're all quite undeniably one big and very disfunctional family -and not just in the long lost mists of prehistoric time. Genetics has demonstrated this over and over (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identical_ancestors_point). Quibbling over percentages is just wishful thinking.

Ultra-nationalist pride has been inextricably intertwined with racism, raw greed, and fanatical religion in the most despicable activities of mankind. We're all mongrels - embrace it. And we have no ethical claim beyond those of a temporary tenant to any part of the earth we walk on, whether we killed the guy who was here when we arrived or were born on it. It will be here when both we and our nation are forgotten by history. While we are here, however briefly, we might as well treat it and each other with respect to the extent possible.

DiedonD
08-19-2009, 06:23 AM
Seriously, dude - it makes no difference if someone is Ilirian, Irish, Indian or 100% Inuit. We're all quite undeniably one big and very disfunctional family -and not just in the long lost mists of prehistoric time. Genetics has demonstrated this over and over (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identical_ancestors_point). Quibbling over percentages is just wishful thinking.

I didnt brought up that table of percentage link! I wouldve checked for various flaws first If I did.

And I know what ultra-nationalism can cause for have been a victim of it.

Regarding your mongrelian approach, AKA that we all have an African ancestor in the end. Thats the latest finding, and thats probably how it should be.

But you see, over exploration leads to over exploitation! Too stuborn to change nations lead to ultra nationalism!

Its like mans psyche! Everything needs to grow BUT also maintain the old links! And if the links are proven not to be worthy, it takes time for that, and you dont sudenly find people treating Sweden like its Middle East for instance!

Im saying that: yes were globalizing and spreading about, but yes we should also hold values that works for us here! Both! And neither be too solid nor too liquid, but something inbetween!

You may ask how can such a thing be possible?

But It can, and according to Carl Rogers, thats how we all are in the first place!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Rogers

Check under 6, human basic tendency!

If we all aare capable of spreading out and mixing, and aswell as maintain all links within us, then we should do those both and find common inbetween grounds for that!

meshpig
08-19-2009, 06:28 AM
I thought I read Nedelja there in Cyrilic. Which means Sunday.

What dont you touch? Votka? How about black Martini with orange? Whats a brouhaha?

I see, that's interesting... yes Vodka. Rocket fuel in the insidious sense. Black Martini yes. Just not an open bottle of ...

- "Brouhaha" is usually used with sarcasm in the context of Journalism to denote noisy and exaggerated criticisms which arise in a given debate. A way of deprecating. For example: Bill Clinton getting his dick sucked by Monica Lewinsky was really a brouhaha rather than a matter of impeachment.

SBowie
08-19-2009, 06:31 AM
You are definitely and totally wrong here since ethnical heritage makes a great difference. Try to drink whiskey with a japanese dude and youīll see why!I didn't say we were identical - just that we are a great deal more similar genetically than we are different. (Not to suggest having a drink with a 'Japanese dude' would be a bad idea.) ;)

"The proportion of human genetic variation due to differences between populations is modest, and individuals from different populations can be genetically more similar than individuals from the same population".

"Human to human total genetic variation is approximately 0.5%."

doimus
08-19-2009, 06:32 AM
Steve!

You are definitely and totally wrong here since ethnical heritage makes a great difference. Try to drink whiskey with a japanese dude and youīll see why! :hey:

Hear, hear! Let's have round of beer for the overpowering european tolerance to alcoholic drinks in the best spirit of nordic and slavic barbarian traditions! :beerchug:

Ok, I could go all Illyrian and ancient Greek on you and offer wine, but I won't.

PS: although, to be honest, what I tasted of Chinese and Japanese strong alcoholic drinks - you would have to be one mighty viking not to get drunk on it!

SBowie
08-19-2009, 06:34 AM
... then we should do those both and find common inbetween grounds for that!Finding the common ground (and casting aside suspicion and exploring new ground) is exactly what I encouraged earlier. So - how's your mandarin coming along? Ni hao! :)

DiedonD
08-19-2009, 06:43 AM
- "Brouhaha" is usually used with sarcasm in the context of Journalism to denote noisy and exaggerated criticisms which arise in a given debate. A way of deprecating. For example: Bill Clinton getting his dick sucked by Monica Lewinsky was really a brouhaha rather than a matter of impeachment.

LOL

What a funny name :D

And it has a Dingo Dog Aussie sense to it too :)

DiedonD
08-19-2009, 06:51 AM
Finding the common ground (and casting aside suspicion and exploring new ground) is exactly what I encouraged earlier. So - how's your manadarin coming along? Ni hao! :)

Is that a Mandarine fruit or a Manadarin people, possibly native to Canada that youre talking about? And our greatly available and hugely 'trustful' Wiki didnt had a comment when I typed manadarian in it neither.

If its the people, then I would find it strange to have native Americans here!

Its the Chinese language I should learn to say a few words. And as things grow like that, with their spreading the world, we shall all know a bit of Chinese in the end.

I know all other minority languages here. Appart from Gypsy and Egyptian.

meshpig
08-19-2009, 07:01 AM
LOL

What a funny name :D

And it has a Dingo Dog Aussie sense to it too :)

Hah hah, no it's actually via some French slang. Dingos? Never seen one but the dog has...

DiedonD
08-19-2009, 07:05 AM
Finding the common ground (and casting aside suspicion and exploring new ground) is exactly what I encouraged earlier. So - how's your manadarin coming along? Ni hao! :)

But wait, surely you meant Mandarin without the added 'a' in the middle?

Which would be Chinese again :)

Yes, it makes sense now.

jaxtone
08-19-2009, 07:16 AM
Iīve never been to China or Japan but I guess they will have their own homebrew/moonshine that maybe knocks me out since my metabolism is used to our stuff. It might be like with viruses and bugs that strike you out on vacations.

In Tunisia they making drinks that looks exciting and colorful but they taste like petrol. (When thinking about it, it might have been petrol as well since petrol is probably cheaper than alcohol down there.) :D

Hear, hear! Let's have round of beer for the overpowering european tolerance to alcoholic drinks in the best spirit of nordic and slavic barbarian traditions! :beerchug:

Ok, I could go all Illyrian and ancient Greek on you and offer wine, but I won't.

PS: although, to be honest, what I tasted of Chinese and Japanese strong alcoholic drinks - you would have to be one mighty viking not to get drunk on it!

SBowie
08-19-2009, 07:16 AM
But wait, surely you meant Mandarin without the added 'a' in the middle?Yes, typo - fixed, thanks.

jaxtone
08-19-2009, 07:21 AM
Yeah you are right in this matter since Iīve found out that I have more enjoyful interests to share with beautiful females from different ethnical backgrounds than I got to share with white males from my own neighbourhood! :D

I didn't say we were identical - just that we are a great deal more similar genetically than we are different. (Not to suggest having a drink with a 'Japanese dude' would be a bad idea.) ;)

"The proportion of human genetic variation due to differences between populations is modest, and individuals from different populations can be genetically more similar than individuals from the same population".

*Pete*
08-19-2009, 07:22 AM
I agree with SBowie 100 percent.

the last 3 generations have given me a mix of Finnish, Russian and Sami into my genetic.

then to consider that during WW2 the finns and the russians (Sovjet) fought over a piece of land that once belonged to the native Sami people (northern "indians").
how should i, if my genetical heritage is important for me, look at the result of the war?

happy that WE finns won?
sad that WE russians lost?
indifferent becouse WE samic people didnt get or lose any of it?

no...im only happy over the result becouse it meant that i didnt grow up in the Sovjet union, that i was born in a democraty and for all the privilegies i have got in life for being from a Finland that didnt belong to the other side of the cold war.

another thing to consider...the genetical information link, that showed finns as 70 percent vikings...its propably true, its scandinavian blood that runs in the finns, but the language is not scandinavian or viking, its Finno ugric....this means that the Vikings who lived in finland adapted into Finnish language and culture, while the original speakers of the language gradually got phased out into minority and then blended into 70 percent viking blood and 20 percent finno ugric blood...if Finland was to separate into two, vikings and finno ugric they would find the impossibility of it...one being lack of viking language and culture, other being lack of pure finno-ugric blood.

Akademus and Diedon propably share ancestors not too far back in time, once they were the same people, lived in the same village, belonged to the same tribe..at some point their blood was shared by one man or woman.
now, as time has passed, by chance one of them got born into what we know as Serbia, and the other into what we know as Kosova...and this, final difference hides all the similiarities and make them into bitter enemies.

my own nation, Finland..whose land it is, Viking/Scandinavian, finno-ugric, sami?, i couldnt care less...to be honest, i would trade Finland, or even Norway..both of them, for Portugal (my new favourite nation),

my nation is for me the passport which allows me to travel, the place i pay taxes to and the place that takes care of me if im sick....my nation is not the place my ancestors are buried in, the place my grandfathers fought for or anything like that...we all live only once and i seek to create the best possible life for myself, i wont suffer in a poor place, or a cold place, only becouse my ancestors chose to do so.

and if everyone would think as i think, the whole consept of nations and people would dissappear and we would all be free to live and travel where we want to...

*Pete*
08-19-2009, 07:24 AM
Is that a Mandarine fruit or a Manadarin people,

Mandarin Chinese is the official language of China, China has plenty of minority languages so Mandarin chinese is used there as we use English in Europe...a common language.

Ni Hao, Diedon :D

edit: didnt read all of your post lol....i see you knew it already ;)

DiedonD
08-19-2009, 07:27 AM

You bloody Ilirian! :D

China too was Ilirian once! So you could offer them up north such an Asiatic drink and youd still be in the realm of Ilirian drink offerings!!

:ohmy:

jaxtone
08-19-2009, 07:27 AM
So when does the language lessons start for real... hereīs an idea!

Letīs educate each others in an easy an fun way by adding one word only to start with, then letīs all translate that to our original languages... not so very exiting for americans since we already use english as the foundation. But you know what, I guess even the americans can learn a little more this way...

Hereīs a starter:

English: Airhead or wally!

Swedish: Dumskalle!

Now let me see it written in the language you manage... and as a bonus it would be nice to know how to pronounce it as well!

jaxtone
08-19-2009, 07:29 AM
Hi!

Sami? So youīre quite short then? :hat:

I agree with SBowie 100 percent.

the last 3 generations have given me a mix of Finnish, Russian and Sami into my genetic.

then to consider that during WW2 the finns and the russians (Sovjet) fought over a piece of land that once belonged to the native Sami people (northern "indians").
how should i, if my genetical heritage is important for me, look at the result of the war?

happy that WE finns won?
sad that WE russians lost?
indifferent becouse WE samic people didnt get or lose any of it?

no...im only happy over the result becouse it meant that i didnt grow up in the Sovjet union, that i was born in a democraty and for all the privilegies i have got in life for being from a Finland that didnt belong to the other side of the cold war.

another thing to consider...the genetical information link, that showed finns as 70 percent vikings...its propably true, its scandinavian blood that runs in the finns, but the language is not scandinavian or viking, its Finno ugric....this means that the Vikings who lived in finland adapted into Finnish language and culture, while the original speakers of the language gradually got phased out into minority and then blended into 70 percent viking blood and 20 percent finno ugric blood...if Finland was to separate into two, vikings and finno ugric they would find the impossibility of it...one being lack of viking language and culture, other being lack of pure finno-ugric blood.

Akademus and Diedon propably share ancestors not too far back in time, once they were the same people, lived in the same village, belonged to the same tribe..at some point their blood was shared by one man or woman.
now, as time has passed, by chance one of them got born into what we know as Serbia, and the other into what we know as Kosova...and this, final difference hides all the similiarities and make them into bitter enemies.

my own nation, Finland..whose land it is, Viking/Scandinavian, finno-ugric, sami?, i couldnt care less...to be honest, i would trade Finland, or even Norway..both of them, for Portugal (my new favourite nation),

my nation is for me the passport which allows me to travel, the place i pay taxes to and the place that takes care of me if im sick....my nation is not the place my ancestors are buried in, the place my grandfathers fought for or anything like that...we all live only once and i seek to create the best possible life for myself, i wont suffer in a poor place, or a cold place, only becouse my ancestors chose to do so.

and if everyone would think as i think, the whole consept of nations and people would dissappear and we would all be free to live and travel where we want to...

*Pete*
08-19-2009, 07:31 AM
heh...i remember a cute swedish girl wanted to learn Finnish.

we kept teaching her for weeks...

she wanted to know, and we translated
"do you want a cup of coffee" = do you want a blowjob (in finnish)

she wrote it all into her small book and seriously studied it...but when she found out what we actually had taught her, our friendship was dead for over a year lol

DiedonD
08-19-2009, 07:37 AM

Oh no! And I thought I was done and free from him for good! :hey:

That kind of a possibility is as possible as it is not! Its aye 'perhaps' thing!

And can be used in more probability among slavs in the balkans rather than us that never had anything to do with them!

More likely not by me! We were here, they came barbarically from north with force, asimilated most of Iliria, that was already weak by two previous superpowers invading it, but this place, and after centuries we became free!

They couldnt get through the mountainous solid mentality here!

Surely there are minor exceptions, but majorly not! And that data as proven is incorrect for Kosova, cause there isnt yet a Kosova study in that list!

warmiak
08-19-2009, 07:38 AM
I didn't say we were identical - just that we are a great deal more similar genetically than we are different. (Not to suggest having a drink with a 'Japanese dude' would be a bad idea.) ;)

See, that 0.5% is often enough to allow some people to smoke for 60 years and be fine and others to die at the age of 50.

*Pete*
08-19-2009, 07:40 AM
Hi!

Sami? So youīre quite short then? :hat:

yup...175 cm.

other typical Sami features, i have broad shoulders, long arms and short legs.

akademus
08-19-2009, 07:46 AM
Did someone mentioned brain washed kids earlier?

DiedonD
08-19-2009, 07:48 AM
Hereīs a starter:

English: Airhead or wally!

Swedish: Dumskalle!

So Wally is an Airhead?! Theres my friend named Vali, that uses a Waly name here in our forums! I bet he didnt knew LOL.

Albanian - 'Trushprazet'. Or better yet 'Krejt Fushe' :) . Spelled "TROO-SCHPRAZ-ED - meaning empty head or airhead for the first one, and "KREYD FUSCH" meaning his mind is a totall empty valley, with nothing in it LOL

Croatian - I think the word 'Glup' comes to mind. Spelled 'GLOOP'

Turkish - 'Kalin Kafa' or 'Dayi'. Spelled 'KALL-AEN KAFFA' for hard head actually. While "DA-YI" is for airheads yes but that are also tough, very tough and abusive and imposing.

A very local Turkish word for that Id say is 'Tek' spelled like that too. It means Odd, as in an odd number. It shouldve been used for eccentric and mysterious people, but it gets to be used for demizing someones thoughts like that.

How do you like it now Shrock? ;)

I have a great idea. Hahaaaaa, youll die for it :) . But I wont hijack it with this flow for a while longer, and well get to that other word required interpretation in various languages. Patient :)

warmiak
08-19-2009, 07:49 AM
I haven't watched the clip, so won't comment on it - but in all fairness, white Europeans died in the tens of thousands from precisely the same diseases throughout history, many of which diseases these same Europeans brought to America's shores as unwelcome 'gifts'.

I strongly suspect an unbiased study would demonstrate that modern standards of hygiene have as much or more to do with the improvement in such matters over the years as any pharmaceutical advances, and it's only relatively recently that society has lifted itself out of filth and squalor. And, from what I've read, places like Japan and China were far ahead of the west in matters of simple cleanliness. High tech get's way too much credit afaics.

Modern standards of hygiene did not come out of blue but were result of advances in various fields ... in other words people started correlating things and thus I consider them no different than pharmaceutical advances.

*Pete*
08-19-2009, 07:53 AM
Croatian - I think the word 'Glup' comes to mind. Spelled 'GLOOP'

means "stupid"?..no?...sounds like the Russian word for stupid to me.

DiedonD
08-19-2009, 07:58 AM

Well yes it is!

Russians use that word too?! Didnt know that!

Any more original Croatian word for airhead I really cant tell... Perhaps Doimus would have the honor on that?

warmiak
08-19-2009, 07:58 AM

I thought durak was "stupid" ...

SBowie
08-19-2009, 08:07 AM
Modern standards of hygiene did not come out of blue but were result of advances in various fields ... But anthropologically, archeologically, and historically, Europeans were very late comers to the ball ... Indians, Chinese, Japanese, Hebrews, and others had them beaten by several millenia. Roman cleanliness that trickled into Europe largely fell into disabuse later due to medical and religious stupidity, and was only quite recently (on an historic scale) re-introduced. This doesn't strike me as anything to boast about very much.

p.s. - I'm not sure about this matter as respects native North Americans prior to the arrival of Europeans. Despite pejorative descriptions from the time (one must allow for negative propaganda), the abundance and appeal of clean water inclines me to think they might well have been fairly fastidious - it would be only natural - only succumbing to less healthy practice later when confined to reservations, etc. ... but I really don't know. (I don't think the hygiene of the average Eurpean pioneer of the day was anything to brag about, either.)

warmiak
08-19-2009, 08:22 AM
But anthropologically, archeologically, and historically, Europeans were very late comers to the ball ... Indians, Chinese, Japanese, Hebrews, and others had them beaten by several millenia. Roman cleanliness that trickled into Europe largely fell into disabuse later due to medical and religious stupidity, and was only quite recently (on an historic scale) re-introduced. This doesn't strike me as anything to boast about very much.

Still, there has been no improvement to the average life span until the advent of modern European technology and medicine which makes your claims about being late comers irrelevant.
Even if Chinese or Indians were aware of benefits of cleanliness it didn't do them any good in terms of enhancing their life span - for that , we all have to thank Europeans.

SBowie
08-19-2009, 08:50 AM
Still, there has been no improvement to the average life span until the advent of modern European technology and medicine which makes your claims about being late comers irrelevantI confess to being quite skeptical about 'scientific' claims respecting life expectancy in places and periods where recorded history is lacking. I've not come on any explanations of the methods used, but suspect there is more guesswork involved based on what the researcher expects to find than anything empirically demonstrable.

It is far from unknown for scientists to sometimes extrapolate an awful lot from a small chunk of jawbone, etc., and I suspect much of it is based on other equally fuzzy conclusions, with the result that conclusions are often skewed to fit the overall model they support.

shrox
08-19-2009, 09:12 AM
I confess to being quite skeptical about 'scientific' claims respecting life expectancy in places and periods where recorded history is lacking. I've not come on any explanations of the methods used, but suspect there is more guesswork involved based on what the researcher expects to find than anything empirically demonstrable.

It is far from unknown for scientists to sometimes extrapolate an awful lot from a small chunk of jawbone, etc., and I suspect much of it is based on other equally fuzzy conclusions, with the result that conclusions are often skewed to fit the overall model they support.

I've got the genes, do you have the cash?

manholoz
08-19-2009, 09:15 AM
I love it when some piece of pottery gets classified as "element for ceremonial purposes". Maybe it was a cookie jar, but that would sound too "unscientific"

*Pete*
08-19-2009, 09:15 AM
I thought durak was "stupid" ...

it is...the difference between the words is like "stupid, idiot, moron" and so forth.

typically, the first i learn in a foreign language seems to be the bad words lol....my knowledge of bad words in Persian charmed a girl, who became my wife...the first day we met, we compared our vocabulary of bad words in different languages, both of us having a good collection of Persian ones was a proof that neither of us was only making up silly words just to sound "clever" lol

my first introduction to russian was at construction sites...a point to the one who can decode this "Hui molodiets, stayet kak agurietz" (russian, with spelling errors) :D
this sentence was among the first i learned of Russian.

manholoz
08-19-2009, 09:21 AM
Still, there has been no improvement to the average life span until the advent of modern European technology and medicine which makes your claims about being late comers irrelevant.
Even if Chinese or Indians were aware of benefits of cleanliness it didn't do them any good in terms of enhancing their life span - for that , we all have to thank Europeans.

But who should we be thankful to, that makes all those "extra" years enjoyable? Technology makes you live longer, but low-tech lifestyle (siesta? slow food, etc?) makes it much more enjoyable than watching tv all afternoon.

warmiak
08-19-2009, 09:25 AM
my first introduction to russian was at construction sites...a point to the one who can decode this "Hui molodiets, stayet kak agurietz" (russian, with spelling errors) :D
this sentence was among the first i learned of Russian.

It means something along lines "getting up young dick " or something silly like that :-)

warmiak
08-19-2009, 09:27 AM
But who should we be thankful to, that makes all those "extra" years enjoyable? Technology makes you live longer, but low-tech lifestyle (siesta? slow food, etc?) makes it much more enjoyable than watching tv all afternoon.

Does it ?
If it does for you then fine but for some people watching tv is all they need - if it makes them happy then who are you to question that ...

shrox
08-19-2009, 09:29 AM
I love it when some piece of pottery gets classified as "element for ceremonial purposes". Maybe it was a cookie jar, but that would sound too "unscientific"

When I was in England, somebody said "I dig up and throw away shards of pottery out of my garden older than the United States."

SBowie
08-19-2009, 09:39 AM
When I was in England, somebody said "I dig up and throw away shards of pottery out of my garden older than the United States."While possibly true, doesn't it seem a trifle churlish? I doubt anyone was saying anything of the kind in 1942.

jaxtone
08-19-2009, 09:57 AM
Then we might be relatives... I am 1.72 nowadays, have shrinked from 1.75 during the latest 10 years. I have broad shoulders as well, (in my earlier years larger than my belly, hohohoho...) But my arms and legs are quite normal since I canīt use them to reach the stars or jump to the moon, yet!

yup...175 cm.

other typical Sami features, i have broad shoulders, long arms and short legs.

jaxtone
08-19-2009, 09:59 AM
Yes I did, why are you wondering?

Did someone mentioned brain washed kids earlier?

jaxtone
08-19-2009, 10:02 AM
It sounds that you were blown away rather than something erotical then... :D

heh...i remember a cute swedish girl wanted to learn Finnish.

we kept teaching her for weeks...

she wanted to know, and we translated
"do you want a cup of coffee" = do you want a blowjob (in finnish)

she wrote it all into her small book and seriously studied it...but when she found out what we actually had taught her, our friendship was dead for over a year lol

Titus
08-19-2009, 10:25 AM
back to languages.
it would only make sence to teach spanish at schools in USA and english in the south american schools.

It makes sense to teach Spanish first, since American countries have a huge native population. Just in Mexico we have around 56 groups, each with its own variant. Yes, these grups form like 10% of the population but this number arise to 80% in countries like Bolivia and language barriers is the first form of segregation here.

jaxtone
08-19-2009, 10:26 AM
Not one single life taken in war or genocide is excusable but what you just said is what I would like to call a fairy tale sweetened with information from the profitable media and an education system designed to make us believe that this is the inviolable truth.

Compared to what happend at the slave trades and genocides aimed against Native Americans I would like to say that WWII was in an inferior position when counting taken lifes.

As the old saying, "the winner writes the story!"

(Since my personal opinion is that there can never be a winner in war it felt kind of sick writing the last sentence, but I guess this was only one way to express what I meant.)

shrox
08-19-2009, 10:27 AM
While possibly true, doesn't it seem a trifle churlish? I doubt anyone was saying anything of the kind in 1942.

I didn't take it like that, the pub I was older than the United States too!

shrox
08-19-2009, 10:31 AM
Then we might be relatives... I am 1.72 nowadays, have shrinked from 1.75 during the latest 10 years. I have broad shoulders as well, (in my earlier years larger than my belly, hohohoho...) But my arms and legs are quite normal since I canīt use them to reach the stars or jump to the moon, yet!

That happens to everybody, but a marked decrease in height is often linked to calcium deficiency. Astronauts stretch a little when away from the surface gravity of earth, and spacesuits are designed to be a little taller than the astronaut's height on Earth. Blame gravity, it brings you down...

SBowie
08-19-2009, 10:34 AM
I didn't take it like that, the pub I was older than the United States too!I suppose it depends on tone, so I'll give the benefit of the doubt and rescind my remark.

warmiak
08-19-2009, 11:10 AM
Compared to what happend at the slave trades and genocides aimed against Native Americans I would like to say that WWII was in an inferior position when counting taken lifes.

Hehehe ... we are being lied to and only jaxtone knows the truth.
I bet you are the type who thinks 9/11 was an inside job etc...

End of story man ... obviously you have nothing to say that would interests me.
Waste of time.

manholoz
08-19-2009, 11:25 AM
That happens to everybody, but a marked decrease in height is often linked to calcium deficiency. Astronauts stretch a little when away from the surface gravity of earth, and spacesuits are designed to be a little taller than the astronaut's height on Earth. Blame gravity, it brings you down...
The bbc had an article the other day that beer is good for the bones in females, maybe it also do medical wonders on males. brb for my beer just in case! :D

radams
08-19-2009, 12:07 PM
Jaxtone,

It makes no sense to bring up things that happened to the native american indians here in regards to the horrible situations back in the 1700s-1800s.
This is very off topic for this thread!

I myself am part native american...Yes many very bad things happened!
Understand that native america means 1000+ cutures...not one...and each has a different story that happened to them.

And the information is out there to learn...and in some cases is taught...but just not to elementary kids...unless you come from a native american family home or reservation.

Along with that there were nasty things done to Japanese American's during world war II...again the information is available just not taught during lower levels...

The US though it does have it's own checkered past...from slavery, false emprisonment, to its own scorched earth/peoples policies...are things that are in the past...but must be known...so as to allow them not to happen again.

Again most of this comes from FEAR, and from not understanding people and their culture...Thus the need to better communicate and understand!

Let's please all get back to the topic...leave genocide and our history...of which some of you don't really know...but think you know.

I think you've established that the US isn't a sainted country...but it is one of the most amazing countries in the world...and one that does face its own problems and issues...something more than many do out there.

The US isn't perfect...we never stated we are...but we learn and do what we can to hopefully improve things more than we do negative things. And that is from our people...not our government.

Cheers,

akademus
08-19-2009, 01:02 PM
Yes I did, why are you wondering?

I wonder what happens to them when they grow up.

Do they still believe into things they were thought as kids and deny everything that beats that belief no matter how proved it is just because it will ruin the fairytale they've been living in?

That a human being is deliberately being deaf to the fact no matter how scientifically or by whatever mean is solid proved just because its contradictory to what he was being (usually without proofs) told so far???

I cannot understand that?

*Pete*
08-19-2009, 01:38 PM
maybe it also do medical wonders on males. brb for my beer just in case! :D

sure it will...Beer increases the production of oestrogen hormones and lessens the production of testosterone hormone.

this will give a man a woman shape, wide and soft ***, it will also collect fat around the waist, as is usual for women, it will give boobs that are shaped in a more female form, but does not produce milk...

the lower amounts of testosterone hormone will slowly remove the male muscles, typical for beer drinking men is thin legs and arms.

im not joking...

alcohols in such as wine and vodka will not give these effects, only beer does.

jaxtone
08-19-2009, 01:51 PM
I canīt understand the connection between a terrorist act on WTC and a historical genocide on Native Americans. But one thing is for sure, and thats in fact that itīs really hard to keep this discussion on itīs target when you make such gigantic jumps between different subjects.

And no, I donīt believe that there is one truth only, and definitely not a truth that I have an undisputable sole right to. Obviously there are many different point of views, and thatīs great since its evidence of that individuals use their brains pretty much independent from a massive brainwash.

I respect your opinion and will of course not waste either your or my time by repeating things that although will be treated as "spiritual" trash!

To me itīs more behind it than just words but I understand that this subject is both painful and frustrating to discuss since the truth about what really happend canīt be hidden behind anything but an ignorant attitude.

The natives in America had to die or live humiliated in reservations to make room for Europeans and other ethnicities that couldnīt survive in their own countries of different reasons. Thatīs the closest you can come an intervention and thatīs far from "spiritual", I agree!

Hehehe ... we are being lied to and only jaxtone knows the truth. I bet you are the type who thinks 9/11 was an inside job etc... End of story man ... obviously you have nothing to say that would interests me. Waste of time.

*Pete*
08-19-2009, 01:56 PM
It means something along lines "getting up young dick " or something silly like that :-)

good dick, standing like a cucumber.

.the funny thing in it is the word "molodietz" with means something like "good boy" or "well done"...something that a proud parent would tell her son.

my spelling sucks, of course..but do you understand russian?

jaxtone
08-19-2009, 02:00 PM
In Liberia many of the child soldiers have been re-programmed after they were kidnapped and brainwashed to fulfill the warlords evil crimes.

After WWII most kids that were programmed in nazi-camps to become superior aryans recovered and managed to live as common citizens.

In the modern society many kids believe that Father X-mas is for real and that MacDonalds is based on nutritious food... :D

I wonder what happens to them when they grow up.

Do they still believe into things they were thought as kids and deny everything that beats that belief no matter how proved it is just because it will ruin the fairytale they've been living in?

That a human being is deliberately being deaf to the fact no matter how scientifically or by whatever mean is solid proved just because its contradictory to what he was being (usually without proofs) told so far???

I cannot understand that?

*Pete*
08-19-2009, 02:02 PM
IThe natives in America had to die or live humiliated in reservations to make room for Europeans and other ethnicities that couldnīt survive in their own countries of different reasons. Thatīs the closest you can come an intervention and thatīs far from "spiritual", I agree!

and whats worst is that we did the same with Africans and Arabs...we didnt manage to mess up Asia, did we?..other than India i mean ;)

Radams...i think you should not take blame for what happened to the Indians, the US didnt exist then and the diceases were brought over by Europeans.

and it was mostly accidental too...

what we Europeans did in Africa is far worse, to be honest...but lets hope that the future is brighter and that we learned from history.

jaxtone
08-19-2009, 02:05 PM
Oh my G... I am uncovered! Am I stupid or what, is the moon made by cheeze?

I have gained weight by sitting in front of my computer, the reason is not only laziness though the doctors made a real bad surgery on my old karate twisted knee. That lead to that all physical training faded out years ago.

But damn it, 30 kilos of raw fat on this old body added with gravity gonna make me become a midget before new years eve if your theory is right. :hey:

akademus
08-19-2009, 02:11 PM
In Liberia many of the child soldiers have been re-programmed after they were kidnapped and brainwashed to fulfill the warlords evil crimes.

After WWII most kids that were programmed in nazi-camps to become superior aryans recovered and managed to live as common citizens.

In the modern society many kids believe that Father X-mas is for real and that MacDonalds is based on nutritious food... :D

You really made me laugh with McDonalds.

However, I still cannot perceive how a grown up person can deliberately deny proven facts just because it collides with previous knowledge.

And... Father X-mas is for real. You wont fool me, you old man! :santa:

jaxtone
08-19-2009, 02:12 PM
Exactly, this is what we all are hoping for, but itīs probably not possible to fulfill other than with a long term plan since some people tries to hide the past behind a "I donīt give a damn" attitude!

...but lets hope that the future is brighter and that we learned from history.

jaxtone
08-19-2009, 02:39 PM
Jaxtone, It makes no sense to bring up things that happened to the native american indians here in regards to the horrible situations back in the 1700s-1800s. This is very off topic for this thread!

You might be right but sometimes itīs hard to ignore ignorance! My point was never to dig that deep into this subject but since the link with the old wise man was so totally damaged and mentioned as "spiritual" trash I felt I just had to open it up a bit. I still donīt see how this old man can be a treath to a modern American. He actually tries to share his life experience and thats a great thing to do at least in my eyes:

But help me out here because what you write under this text doesnīt make sense to me. Do you mean historically or modern natives?

Understand that native america means 1000+ cultures...not one...and each has a different story that happened to them.

And you have misunderstood my point here, I donīt hate America, I love it for itīs people and itīs ambition to live after the sentence "two empty hands"... I might not symphatisize with some of your political leaders that speak with split tounges and force you and your country into very dangerous situations just because profitable territorieas can be won. But thats a competely different story!

Let's please all get back to the topic...leave genocide and our history...of which some of you don't really know...but think you know. I think you've established that the US isn't a sainted country...but it is one of the most amazing countries in the world...and one that does face its own problems and issues...something more than many do out there. The US isn't perfect...we never stated we are...but we learn and do what we can to hopefully improve things more than we do negative things. And that is from our people...not our government. Cheers,

akademus
08-19-2009, 03:04 PM
My point was never to dig that deep into this subject but since the link with the old wise man was so totally damaged and mentioned as "spiritual" trash I felt I just had to open it up a bit. I still donīt see how this old man can be a treath to a modern American. He actually tries to share his life experience and thats a great thing to do at least in my eyes:

Thanks for these.

OnlineRender
08-19-2009, 03:04 PM

manholoz
08-19-2009, 05:00 PM
sure it will...Beer increases the production of oestrogen hormones and lessens the production of testosterone hormone.

this will give a man a woman shape, wide and soft ***, it will also collect fat around the waist, as is usual for women, it will give boobs that are shaped in a more female form, but does not produce milk...

the lower amounts of testosterone hormone will slowly remove the male muscles, typical for beer drinking men is thin legs and arms.

im not joking...

alcohols in such as wine and vodka will not give these effects, only beer does.

I do a lot of cycling AND drinks beer from time to time. So... maybe if I didn't drink beer, I'ld have swarzeneger legs! OMG!!! :D

But you have a point. I'll have my gf on a beer diet.

warmiak
08-19-2009, 05:46 PM
I canīt understand the connection between a terrorist act on WTC and a historical genocide on Native Americans. But one thing is for sure, and thats in fact that itīs really hard to keep this discussion on itīs target when you make such gigantic jumps between different subjects.

And no, I donīt believe that there is one truth only, and definitely not a truth that I have an undisputable sole right to. Obviously there are many different point of views, and thatīs great since its evidence of that individuals use their brains pretty much independent from a massive brainwash.

I respect your opinion and will of course not waste either your or my time by repeating things that although will be treated as "spiritual" trash!

To me itīs more behind it than just words but I understand that this subject is both painful and frustrating to discuss since the truth about what really happend canīt be hidden behind anything but an ignorant attitude.

The natives in America had to die or live humiliated in reservations to make room for Europeans and other ethnicities that couldnīt survive in their own countries of different reasons. Thatīs the closest you can come an intervention and thatīs far from "spiritual", I agree!

No it is not painful at all , especially for me since I was born in Europe and I don't really own to any perceived or real sins of the US.

People do know what really happened ... and frankly, your assumption that most people in the US are living in some sort of artificial bubble is just plain insulting.

Keep yourself educated and don’t worry about others … they will manage just fine.

DiedonD
08-20-2009, 12:52 AM
typically, the first i learn in a foreign language seems to be the bad words lol....my knowledge of bad words in Persian charmed a girl, who became my wife...the first day we met, we compared our vocabulary of bad words in different languages, both of us having a good collection of Persian ones was a proof that neither of us was only making up silly words just to sound "clever" lol

Well I thought we werent going to use our brain reading powers Pete?! ;)

Anyway, my idea back then, was to see how even more emotionally intensitive word gets to be interpreted elsewhere!

Like for instance. What would the worst curse be in other places? What would be the worse thing to say? Above which either one last, even worse reply would come, or it would put an end to words, and its fisting and kicking time!

See not same curses work everywher!

Out here its f-ucking, and the more disgusting the f-ucker is, that f-ucks the most valuable things to one, is THEE worser curse!

The most common is a public 'Ill f-uck your mama' . Thats guaranteed either a same or worse reply, or a fight.

No it doesnt has to be you that f-ucks, if you really want a fight, you can name a horse, donkey, the whole China.

In which case youd say (this is very tense, Im getting tense while even typing it as an explanation ;) ) Let the donkey f-uck your...; or Let the Bull f-uck your... and so on.

And it doesnt has to be the mother concept neither. Some other precious thing would do even better. Wife, sister, alot of fights around sister. And one maniac mentioned even the baby, or the entire family bloodline, or the USA, ive seen ones fighting around USA, that a Vehabi cursed in someway!

Just pick whats valuable, and f-uck it, where the f-ucker is someone or something terrible.

Now, I was told that that wont work in France!

You curse a Frenchmen with the usuall about his mama, and he wont understand Im told! And that hed assume real love about the mama, and depending on tolerance and overindependence might by all unexpected replies, LET YOU GO AHEAD WITH IT!!! Totally contrary to here!

Then Ive heard that the worst curse for a German is mentioning someone beeing small!! Like 'You shut up you small and worthless beeing!' . Can anyone from Germany second that? Cause it definitely wont work here with that one. For one Id say 'Im bigger then you, how can I be small!'

So, its about language this thread is. Should someone be unlucky as to pick the rare least favorable tourist guide when one comes here as a tourist, and hears something related to 'nonen ta qifsha' spelled 'NO NEN TA CHIFSCHA' that you shouldnt trust that one, cause he is assuming that you dont know the fact that he is cursing. Just change the one for any other and youll be fine. :)

Its been a lengthy one, so Ill tell how is cursing made in Turkish language later on ok.

And Im told the Spanish are worlds best curses!

*Pete*
08-20-2009, 01:53 AM
And Im told the Spanish are worlds best curses!

no, it would be the Finns...its an amazing language for that purpose, very flexible and powerfull...and the finns curse about EVERYTHING.

working with finns will teach you the basics fast.

when you arrive to the working place, you need to start complain and curse at the amount of work that needs to be done, the bosses, your colleques and the inhumanity of forcing you to be there...all of it in a whiny, negative style of cursing.

when you start to work you will curse at everything that doesnt go easy and at your colleques who work hard (admiring curses) and colleques who do not work hard, you will also curse your boss again, constantly actualy..and if some people happen to walk by you curse them too for not helping you to work or simply insult them for being unemployed or inneffective, you can also insult their mental abilities

when you are done with your work you curse your self (in admiration) and your colleques (with respect) and your boss (with hate), you curse for being hungry and tired too and yell at the traffic while driving home, you curse the weather and the quality of the roads...

im sure Jaxtone can confirm this, uniquely finnish behavior...they are angry people lol

DiedonD
08-20-2009, 02:27 AM
But with so much cursing about. Which one particularly would be the kind that tenses the situation to such a degree that, one last resply would be tops! From there on its fistinf and kicking time in a fight!

That bad you see!

*Pete*
08-20-2009, 02:34 AM
easy...when you meet a finn, say that you thought he was Swedish and run.

the amount of cursin in Finland has more or less gave them immunity towards any serious insults, to start a fight you have to not only use words, but seem like you actually mean it seriously.

DiedonD
08-20-2009, 02:44 AM

the amount of cursin in Finland has more or less gave them immunity towards any serious insults, to start a fight you have to not only use words, but seem like you actually mean it seriously.

LOL

Really! :D

You remind me of the cursing type immediately after the wars! :)

But since the format has to be through the f-ucker and f-uckee type for it to work here, the word Shkije* was used in the same sense as above :)

Like let the Shkije f-uck your ... most valuables :)

*Shkije is an Albanian nickname for only those worst kinds of Serbs that were here, and most are (and the rest shold be) at the Hague now.

It use to work too bad at the time. Now its a forgotten format of cursing altogether.

DiedonD
08-20-2009, 02:47 AM
Come on, more people! More! Surely, not only Suomi and Albanians dont curse!!

What, you never EVER curse out there! Im curious what kind of a curse would tick an US American for instance. Would the format that works here work there aswell?

jaxtone
08-20-2009, 02:47 AM
I have been working with Finns and with all respect I just gotta say this:

They are probably the hardest working people Iīve met!

The male Finns tends to be very quiet and most only talks when someone communicate with them. This can be changed very fast when they start to drink alcohol.

Many of them can drink a lot of "Koskenkorva" and still be nice to party with!

Most every Finn can stand extreme heat since they are raised in Saunas from day one!

The knife stabbing rumour is overrated and of course not all Finns carry a knife and tries to stab you with it when heīll get drunk. (He will most probably rather use it to take his own life when he get depressed or feeling lonely. Until a couple of years ago the Finns had the highest rate of suicides on this planet. Statistics, "which of course can be used for lies" stated that male Finns in common were depressed becuase they are raised to not talk about their inner feelings.)

Older generations of Finns were known for great lovers of the dance "Finnish Tango"!

Common names on Finnish girls are:

Sirpa, Sari, Arja, Tarja Liisa and a lot of other exotic variations. Hereīs an interesting link with explanations to the names as well:

http://www.20000-names.com/female_finnish_names.htm

Personally I have experienced many Finnish as very erotical explosive and emotionally close to the natural source of physical love.

Whi said I did generalize this ethnical group? :D

no, it would be the Finns...its an amazing language for that purpose, very flexible and powerfull...and the finns curse about EVERYTHING.

working with finns will teach you the basics fast.

when you arrive to the working place, you need to start complain and curse at the amount of work that needs to be done, the bosses, your colleques and the inhumanity of forcing you to be there...all of it in a whiny, negative style of cursing.

when you start to work you will curse at everything that doesnt go easy and at your colleques who work hard (admiring curses) and colleques who do not work hard, you will also curse your boss again, constantly actualy..and if some people happen to walk by you curse them too for not helping you to work or simply insult them for being unemployed or inneffective, you can also insult their mental abilities

when you are done with your work you curse your self (in admiration) and your colleques (with respect) and your boss (with hate), you curse for being hungry and tired too and yell at the traffic while driving home, you curse the weather and the quality of the roads...

im sure Jaxtone can confirm this, uniquely finnish behavior...they are angry people lol

DiedonD
08-20-2009, 03:42 AM
The knife stabbing rumour is overrated and of course not all Finns carry a knife and tries to stab you with it when heīll get drunk.

Thats such a funny and short stereotype description of a Suomi :D

Like:

"What Suomis! Nah they just cary knives and will stab you should they get drunk with no other good reason!"

Suomis stab you when are drunk with not good reason - Such a stupidly funny stereotipic generalisation :D

Its like all Suomis all of a sudden find a knife on their pocket, and according to that say, should there be someone passing by, they must hunt them with that knife, wanting a stab, without even them themselves knowing why theyre hunting all of a suden LOL.

And the passer by realizes that he shuold run also, because of that narrative generalisation LOL

akademus
08-20-2009, 03:43 AM
LOL

Really! :D

You remind me of the cursing type immediately after the wars! :)

But since the format has to be through the f-ucker and f-uckee type for it to work here, the word Shkije* was used in the same sense as above :)

Like let the Shkije f-uck your ... most valuables :)

*Shkije is an Albanian nickname for only those worst kinds of Serbs that were here, and most are (and the rest shold be) at the Hague now.

It use to work too bad at the time. Now its a forgotten format of cursing altogether.

You are reported for insulting my nation without being provoked to!

And you will be again every time you do it!

meshpig
08-20-2009, 04:01 AM

Yes, so it's a matter of what turns what gene on, where and how since humans have evolved from a very small number.

Racism thus has to be tied up in some invention or other ie. humans didn't really invent the wheel so much as discovered what a circle is and how to use it. Probably no more remarkable on the level of a species than Bees and the anti biotic properties of Honey.

DiedonD
08-20-2009, 04:17 AM
Jaxtone shall you report Pete aswell for insulting your nation?

Plus, Shkije as I said, are aimed at those worst kind of Serbs! The ones that Serbia nor the world cant be proud of what they did, and most of them are at the Hague, and the rest should follow!

And I was only talking about them as you can see!

You should take notice that Im talking about them, and you should follow the flow with the world and enjoy us targeting them while you the good side isolate from them.

Otherwise what do you want the world to know from such a harsh defense of criminals from your side?

Plus what do you call the brainwash ordeal! Do you think that I dont know that you are talking about me? How Im brainwashed and would deny all your 'facts' and you keep calling our long lasting survival from Ilirian times till now as a fairytail!! What are those if they arent provocations?

probiner
08-20-2009, 04:28 AM

Wrong thread. Belongs to jokes thread =)

*Pete*
08-20-2009, 04:42 AM
Finland and Sweden has a special relationship...we like to insult eachother, but in the same time we are always competing in being best in everything possible.

this relationship is not between Sweden and Denmark, or Finland and Norway...only Sweden and Finland.

every year we have our own summer "olympics" in what the swedes call "Finnkampen" (finn-fight) where Finnish and Swedish athletes compete....nobody else is invited.

we have high respect towards each others nations and people, but we disquise it with pretented dislike. ;)

DiedonD
08-20-2009, 04:46 AM
Id say the same for Serbia. We dont compete athletically, perhaps we shall do so in football one day. But they are wise people there. Their doctors are usually visited when all else fails here.

The Shkije mentioned earlier have nothing to do with those good parts of Serbia, appart from beeing thee most rotten bunch of them all. And Ive known Serbs in general to hate them together with us here. Im sure thats the general idea there.

*Pete*
08-20-2009, 04:55 AM
The knife stabbing rumour is overrated and of course not all Finns carry a knife and tries to stab you with it when heīll get drunk.

Finland shares the top spot of statistic in EU for violence and alcohol related murders, and almost all murders are by knife.

Finland shares the top spot with Hungary, the only nation from the same language group as Finnish is (Finno Ugric)

Finnish as very erotical explosive and emotionally close to the natural source of physical love.

hey...thats what the girls tell me too!! :D

*Pete*
08-20-2009, 04:59 AM
a typical way for a swede to insult a Finn is by saying
"there is nothing wrong with Finns, they are great...everyone should have one" lol

i heard it sooooo many times

DiedonD
08-20-2009, 05:33 AM
a typical way for a swede to insult a Finn is by saying
"there is nothing wrong with Finns, they are great...everyone should have one" lol

i heard it sooooo many times

Is that in irony then? Otherwise it wouldnt be funny right? :D

*Pete*
08-20-2009, 05:43 AM
you know it when you hear a swede say it...basically they are saying that Finns are great pets or servants ;)

DiedonD
08-20-2009, 06:21 AM
you know it when you hear a swede say it...basically they are saying that Finns are great pets or servants ;)

Youch!

Indeed certain words dont get through without having to hear them out first!

DiedonD
08-20-2009, 06:48 AM
Man, I thought the forums would go wild for learning cursing in foreign languages!

And look at this. Not much at all going on.

Well, it was just an idea I guess.

Ill leave my croatian (though there was such a funny, FUNNY curse in that language, that youll stomach would hurt :) ) and Turkish cursing aside then... sigh

manholoz
08-20-2009, 06:58 AM
We don't curse that much here in Mexico, at least not directly. What we do is ummm curse with a "flowery" language. That is, hinting you're cursing, but saying things that "officially" are all polite or nonsensical, but with a nasty/vulgar/etc meaning beneath. The more vulgar, the better.

It can become a challenge, or tournament. To see which guy (rarely girls do this, for some obscure reason), a battle of wits and words. Then usually the loser concedes, and everybody applauds on the nobility of the that admitted his defeat gracefully, and everybody has a celebratory drink. With beer, brandy and cola, tequila, pulque, or mezcal.

DiedonD
08-20-2009, 07:02 AM
We don't curse that much here in Mexico, at least not directly. What we do is ummm curse with a "flowery" language. That is, hinting you're cursing, but saying things that "officially" are all polite or nonsensical, but with a nasty/vulgar/etc meaning beneath. The more vulgar, the better.

Could you give examples with flowery language Manholoz?

Is it like 'What a great day today!' while you throw the newspaper to the floor and jump wildly while stepping at it with both feet several times like?

And yours is Spanish! I saw in newspaper that one Spanish restaurant was making great incomes, because their waiters will pick which of its customers was cursing better! Its that much good at it! Theyre applying for whose best at it on a restaurant! The winner had free meal!

manholoz
08-20-2009, 07:20 AM
Some examples?

Let's see, some not too spicy, but easy enough to understand... they usually involve you cheating on the "enemy's" wife/gf/etc, things like that.

I'm no expert, but for example, a classical.
"Yo soy de Tula" (I'm from Tula).

Now Tula is an archaeological site, famous in Mexico. But someone from Tula, according to the unofficial Spanish locality rules, would be called "Tuleņo" (if you get garbled text, it should say "Tuleno" but with a tilde on top of the "n", and reads sort of like "Tulenio".

But "Tuleņo", if split into two words, "Tu" and "leņo", would mean "your log", so it becomes "I am your log" where the log is long, cylindrical, stiff, and good for boring holes, if you get my meaning... all hinting at a prominent male anatomical part.

It can be quite funny, if you have an open mind. Oh, the word "open" is a potential association to women being willing to copulate by adopting an inviting pose. That sort of stuff.

manholoz
08-20-2009, 07:28 AM
btw the Tula thing you'ld normally tell it to females, unless you're into other types of relationships, or are trying to joust with "mine is bigger, so I'm the winner", which unless you have a very good strategy in the conversation, could be disastrous.

DiedonD
08-20-2009, 07:34 AM
btw the Tula thing you'ld normally tell it to females, unless you're into other types of relationships, or are trying to joust with "mine is bigger, so I'm the winner", which unless you have a very good strategy in the conversation, could be disastrous.

My! One can go totally unaware of all that thats going so dynamically unseen behind everyones mind over there!

And should you go with 'Tula' it should then be the last words and will cause two mexicans fight you say?

Cause THEE harshest curse, that sends one fighting immediately, or just about there, was the requirement you know...

manholoz
08-20-2009, 07:34 AM
Now a "clean" flowery language can also be applied when you could be using a swear word to curse something, and instead say some synonyms or innocent words that sound similar, or something like that, which can be quite clever and witty.

So you get some really odd remarks like "me lleva la tostada" (the grilled (?) tortilla takes me) or "me lleva la que me trajo" (the female who brought me now takes me), both which really means you had an awful experience.

manholoz
08-20-2009, 07:36 AM
And should you go with 'Tula' it should then be the last words and will cause two mexicans fight you say?

Ah no, no fighting when cursing. It is an invitation to do a duel of wits. No violence involved. What's more, if you can reply with even nastier vulgarity but keeping Zen-like cool, you win more points.

manholoz
08-20-2009, 07:37 AM
By disastrous, I mean, you would loose big time in the battle of wits, so you'ld probably have to buy the opponent a drink, so he doesn't go around boasting how he won thanks to your badly chosen word-fight strategy.

DiedonD
08-20-2009, 08:08 AM
By disastrous, I mean, you would loose big time in the battle of wits, so you'ld probably have to buy the opponent a drink, so he doesn't go around boasting how he won thanks to your badly chosen word-fight strategy.

So thats why Restaurant fits so well to all that which you say!

By cursing 'smartly' and keeping cool its a value over there, and you get points :)

Amazing. See this is what Im talking about. The more we know.

DiedonD
08-20-2009, 08:12 AM
Anyway the one in Croatian that I was talking about.

Its 'Jebo te Bog', spelled 'YEBO TE BOG' and no it has nothing to do with our fellow LWver Bog or Mark Hennesy to be more precize ;)

All you religious people should find this socking, for it means:

'Let God f-uck you' LOL

And also its not as insultive I should say. That wont send two guys fighting afterwards. Which curses would do so I dont know, and it should take a Croatian to say it.

But I find that one particularly funny! :)

God f-ucking a person that is :D

manholoz
08-20-2009, 08:38 AM
Ever read the Mahabharata? It talks a bit about that, but with a more positive and spiritual angle. It tells about a maiden that got an incantation from a holy man, where she can invoke the divinity. She uses it, and it worked, but she did not know that when the divinity visited women, a side effect was that they got pregnant. Which she did.

I use the word divinity, because there seems to be a debate as to whether hinduism in monotheist, with one God in several manifestations, or polytheist...

jaxtone
08-20-2009, 09:10 AM
Pete!

You told this in a very nice way!

Itīs only about a week (29-30 August 2009) to next physical challenge between these two Scandinavian nations. Imī not much for sports but this is a basic man to man challenge, not as fancy as when the doped world elite guys drop another world record.

A competition between the old Swedish viking spirit and the famous Suomi Sisu is a yearly battle that many Scandinavians enjoy to take part of, mostly behind a TV-screen with mouthfuls of potato chips and lots of cold beer... :goodluck::hat:;D:l33t::ohmy::beerchug::bday:

I believe the artist thatīve made the graphics for this event really have captured the soul in this arrangement. Even if some of the characters have wrong symmetrics I guess itīs made with a focused purpose to establish a retro look from the 50ī. I think itīs a nice piece of artwork:

http://www.finnkampen.se

Finland and Sweden has a special relationship...we like to insult eachother, but in the same time we are always competing in being best in everything possible.

this relationship is not between Sweden and Denmark, or Finland and Norway...only Sweden and Finland.

every year we have our own summer "olympics" in what the swedes call "Finnkampen" (finn-fight) where Finnish and Swedish athletes compete....nobody else is invited.

we have high respect towards each others nations and people, but we disquise it with pretented dislike. ;)

*Pete*
08-20-2009, 09:48 AM

we have something similiar in Finland...its about spitting out rude and vulgar things without showing any kind of humour or illwill...the best is if you say these things with a completely straight face, and almost bored tone.

ill give some examples...(from my uncle, he is the master of this, a natural talent)

we go visit some friends, the man opens the door and is red in the face..my uncle looks over the mans shoulder and sees a woman inside the apartment.
and then in a polite tone he says "were you busy connecting your urinating organs? i hope we didnt disturb"

he also always has unique way to call women, never heard the same twice..he is creative...he can call them like in terms like "pu**ycarriers" right in front of a large group of "normal" people...he loves to see them get shocked, but he never shows any smile or anger...his words are just statements.

and when i was in the military, the officer went around and asked all kinds of rude question from the soldiers, looking for accidental smiles or nervousnes...he came to me, looks down, looks into my eyes and says "Jaeger Haikio, your dick is in the wrong leg of the trousers, it is supposed to be in the right leg, why is it so?"

my answer "sir, Jaeger Haikio is lefthanded, sir"

and i won that battle, with the officer and half of the company rolling (literally) on the ground laughing, with only me standing there completely unmoved, without so much as a smile on me.

to those who havent been in the military.
if you are left handed, you get a rifle that is a mirror version of the original one, your gear is carried mirrored too, with waterbottle and the gasmask on opposite side than normal...so my answer was militarily correct.
(im lefthanded, but i still used gear and weapon for righthanded becouse i have no problems using my right hand).

Teruchan
08-20-2009, 11:57 PM
Not Doug, but I certainly do. How are you, Terrence - and where are you these days? What's the latest-greatest from StudioArtFX?

Hi Steve. I'm doing well lately. I just came from Korea and am now in the Philippines. I expect to be headed to China next. I am still doing my indie anime style work. I also still have my Lightwave model bundle for sale as well as different training tutorials.

I have a new anime style project in the works to debut soon.

archijam
08-21-2009, 12:16 AM
The title of this thread still cracks me up.. do foreigners exist on the Internet?

DiedonD
08-21-2009, 01:31 AM
The title of this thread still cracks me up.. do foreigners exist on the Internet?

Oh dont let that stop you Archijam, I was the first to sort that one up in the begining. Shrox the maker of this thread was of course joking. His high IQ sometimes gets him into places where he assumes that all would understand those jokes of his without explanation... bless him.

Go pass that, and join in.

The present topic is, 'Cursing, the other language', and the more you tell which one brakes the last straw the more on to it youll be.

Got any?

Cause Im thinking of telling the one in Turkish, but nothing new there, dont get too excited as in Croatian one for instance.

jaxtone
08-21-2009, 01:41 AM
Since my father in law is Finnish I pretty much know about these cold faced but warm hearted expressions when Finns are being funny.

Found this picture of a facial expression machine to help Finns use their face muscles as well when they are telling jokes... :D

P.S. It seems as it is invented by a female Finnish mime artist... and she if somebody would really understand the importance of using all parts of a body when performing live. :hey:

we have something similiar in Finland...its about spitting out rude and vulgar things without showing any kind of humour or illwill...the best is if you say these things with a completely straight face, and almost bored tone.

ill give some examples...(from my uncle, he is the master of this, a natural talent)

we go visit some friends, the man opens the door and is red in the face..my uncle looks over the mans shoulder and sees a woman inside the apartment.
and then in a polite tone he says "were you busy connecting your urinating organs? i hope we didnt disturb"

he also always has unique way to call women, never heard the same twice..he is creative...he can call them like in terms like "pu**ycarriers" right in front of a large group of "normal" people...he loves to see them get shocked, but he never shows any smile or anger...his words are just statements.

and when i was in the military, the officer went around and asked all kinds of rude question from the soldiers, looking for accidental smiles or nervousnes...he came to me, looks down, looks into my eyes and says "Jaeger Haikio, your dick is in the wrong leg of the trousers, it is supposed to be in the right leg, why is it so?"

my answer "sir, Jaeger Haikio is lefthanded, sir"

and i won that battle, with the officer and half of the company rolling (literally) on the ground laughing, with only me standing there completely unmoved, without so much as a smile on me.

to those who havent been in the military.
if you are left handed, you get a rifle that is a mirror version of the original one, your gear is carried mirrored too, with waterbottle and the gasmask on opposite side than normal...so my answer was militarily correct.
(im lefthanded, but i still used gear and weapon for righthanded becouse i have no problems using my right hand).

DiedonD
08-21-2009, 01:55 AM
Wow Pete, you need machines now! To make your jokes seem funnier while you joke aye! ;)

SBowie
08-21-2009, 05:31 AM
I just came from Korea and am now in the Philippines. I expect to be headed to China next.What a wonderful experience, Terrence - congrats! The Orient blew me away when I was there a couple years back. It seemed like you could feel it pulsing with energy, anxious to assume a prominent place in the world community. I'd love to go back.

jaxtone
08-21-2009, 07:25 AM
An Asian travel experience sounds like something I could enjoy aswell, at the moment my bank account just allow me to invest in a Chinese Take Away lunch at the moment, but since the menu is on Chinese as well Iīll at least get a free Chinese lesson :)

What a wonderful experience, Terrence - congrats! The Orient blew me away when I was there a couple years back. It seemed like you could feel it pulsing with energy, anxious to assume a prominent place in the world community. I'd love to go back.

manholoz
08-21-2009, 11:27 AM
I lived 7 years+ in Indonesia, and I liked it a lot. It helped that it was so far away that I had to travel to Japan, Hong Kong, Thailand, Philipines, etc just to get there when I came back home to visit.

jaxtone
08-21-2009, 01:19 PM
So you speak a lot of Asian languages then... I guess?

I lived 7 years+ in Indonesia, and I liked it a lot. It helped that it was so far away that I had to travel to Japan, Hong Kong, Thailand, Philipines, etc just to get there when I came back home to visit.

DiedonD
08-22-2009, 04:14 AM
Alright then :D

Can anyone guess what would the spelling meaning of the word 'Car' mean in Albanian?

:ohmy:

I wont spell it, cause youll check it at the online vocabularies :D

*Pete*
08-22-2009, 07:03 AM
Alright then :D

Can anyone guess what would the spelling meaning of the word 'Car' mean in Albanian?

actually, i know what it means :D

the good thing of living among people from differernt places of the world, is that you learn lots of new words...

the sentence "a big car is only good for people with small dicks" propably makes no sence to you guys, unless you read it in a homo-erotic way.

*Pete*
08-22-2009, 07:05 AM
oh...if you english speaking people happen to meet an Estonian, ask him how to say "twelve months" in Estonian...so much fun heheheh :D

DiedonD
08-22-2009, 07:36 AM
actually, i know what it means :D

the good thing of living among people from differernt places of the world, is that you learn lots of new words...

the sentence "a big car is only good for people with small dicks" propably makes no sence to you guys, unless you read it in a homo-erotic way.

Exactly :D

SO you can see the laughs that we have with a "I was so fast, that I clashed to her behind with my front car in the highway" :D

'Two cars smashed to one another' Yuck!

Or even simpler 'I was very fast with my car today'

And we go laughing :ohmy:

And then, whats worse, there are these seemingly endless analogies between LW and 'Cars' LOL

jaxtone
08-23-2009, 10:06 AM
Pete!

This is my alltime Finnish favourite artist. The one and only M.A. Numminen!

Maybe itīs not important but on tour I once had the hotel room next to M.A. Numminen and his accordion player Pedro and I must say that these two gentleman drank much more in a couple of hours than a whole rockband did in one week. :p

For all you guys that havenīt heard him yet you better try to find some sound samples on internet. I guess itīs the only time in life you will hear something that sounds like a merge between a machine a human and a goat on LSD.

If you read a little Swedish or have options to translate whats written get into this link, itīs so damn funny to read about how this extraordinary Finn conquered the world in his very special way. 32 records in Finnish, German, Swedish, English and Esperanto isnīt a bad production:

http://hem.passagen.se/detlever/MauriAntero.html

oh...if you english speaking people happen to meet an Estonian, ask him how to say "twelve months" in Estonian...so much fun heheheh :D