PDA

View Full Version : Reflection Blurring, how much??

Sarford
08-12-2009, 05:14 PM
I'm using the Conductor material and the Delta material. Both have the ability to blurr the reflections.
But how can I adjust the amount of blurring? Right now it hardly blurrs, even with higher sample settings (which is natural couse higher sample settings mean higher quality). I can try the interpolation settings, which seem to have some controll for blurr amount in the sample size setting, but I'd rather have the true raytrace option.

Anyone have an idear?

Sarford
08-12-2009, 05:38 PM
Nevermind, I already found it. It's the roughness amount in the Basic tab that sets the amount for the blurring.

I should have looked better... :twak:

feelthefear
09-08-2009, 03:02 AM
I'm kinda confused by this also. SO roughness does change the blurring? Or you have to plug in some kind of a procedural in it?

Tobian
09-08-2009, 05:24 AM
The point about the materials is they are meant to be simpler than making a full surface, so they have merged all of the surface options into 'roughness' This affects reflection blur, refraction blur and Oren-Nayer shading (if you have that enabled) for diffuse.

Just set a roughness ammount, same as you would reflection or refraction blur, and make sure you enable those, if you want them, in the advanced tab :)