PDA

View Full Version : August 3D newsletter discussion

DColboch
08-11-2009, 02:30 PM
Hi all,

Read the August newsletter here: http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/newsletter.php

In it we talk to William Vaughan about the Kiss M&Mís project; take an in depth look at our picture of the month; Incident Zero; discuss vRoom 1.1, share the latest project news the Halo Legends trailer and more

Donetta

realgray
08-11-2009, 02:55 PM
I loved the webinar. Just an idea, but maybe once a month show a couple of guys, from a studio or not, just talking about lightwave and doing some cool stuff. I think it would be awesome to have vfx pros like Jarrod showing how to do some really complicated stuff with 9.6. Would like to see them take suggestions on topics for future webinars. Maybe a poll?

Matt
08-11-2009, 04:00 PM
Great to see William doing so well in his new role!

caesar
08-11-2009, 05:23 PM
The webinar was so Pro, good looking! Nice 9.6 demos, nice DarkSide chat (not rushed), nice presentation, stage (reflection in the table) and nice CORE sneak peak...

1- I have only 2 suggestions: for the next presentations, show movies/tv/real production scenes showing the strong points of LW compared to other packages (I loved LOLed when Jarrod said about MBlur on Mray is really slow and the guys from Sidefx promptely agreed with that "dude its a pain" look on their faces ! Also some nice plugs - fprime, vroom, vehiclerigger, jimmy rigger, lwcad, ...
2- one thing that I like in a presentation are slide with up to 3 strong sentences alongside the presenter, like the keynotes from apple. i think they help visualise ideas within the presentation

borkus
08-11-2009, 06:22 PM
"Was FiberFX used in production?"

"Uh....... No..............................."

Nicolas Jordan
08-11-2009, 07:20 PM
Good newsletter! I especially enjoyed the interview with William Vaughan. :thumbsup:

Matt
08-11-2009, 08:05 PM
"Was FiberFX used in production?"

"Uh....... No..............................."

I have to admit, that did make me smile, I thought William answered that quite well!

Gui Lo
08-21-2009, 05:24 PM
The peek at Core was most appreciated. Tempted to join Hardcore.

@ realgray: I'd say quarterly is more realistic.

Nemoid
08-21-2009, 11:57 PM
yeah the newsletter is very good and well made!
Keep up with the good work!
As for the webinar, i liked it it was very interesting especially for those ones who don't use Lw. As said, you should do some webinar like this, production focused from time to time.
Also, some more CORE insight in the near future would be highly appreciated.:thumbsup:

Dexter2999
08-22-2009, 12:38 AM
I liked the quality of the webinar (some minor nit picking already done in another thread).

I'd love to see more. I won't push for monthly. I'm more about quality than quantity. If you have to take longer to get a good line up then take it. One every two months or even quarterly would be great as long as you can maintain that level of content.

lardbros
08-29-2009, 08:14 AM
The webinar is EXACTLY what i'd like to see more of from Newtek.

I was even thinking that they could have split that video up into 10 segments and slowly leaked them out to us each week or month. That way we would be satisfied for longer. The whole thing was great though... god knows why they make it harder for themselves by doing it live, but bloody impressive and very professionally done!! No complaints at all!!... well, apart from the fact we need more of them! :o) Well done newtek, this months newsletter was superb!

Oh, and as a side note, why wasn't the webinar more widely advertised... i couldn't find it at all by browsing through the site, only way was by looking at the newsletters. Would be a good idea to have the video advertised on the front page of the Lightwave page or the main Newtek site. It spoke volumes about what lightwave is capable of, and if people are looking at buying into a product, im sure this video would sway them in so many ways. Especially with the CORE bit at the end...

BeeVee
08-31-2009, 03:17 PM
That video was the first one and as such a test. As we get more confident, the audiences will ramp to keep pushing the barriers.

B