PDA

View Full Version : Normal Map info with surface baking camera

Clockmaster
08-11-2009, 01:16 PM
I'm trying to obtain a normal map baking on the UV of my object using surface baking camera.
With little success, in the surface editor I linked the smoothed normal output of the spot info node into the color input of the material, but I'm not obtaining what I want.
Any hint?

Lightwolf
08-11-2009, 01:28 PM
With little success, in the surface editor I linked the smoothed normal output of the spot info node into the color input of the material, but I'm not obtaining what I want.

Of the material? Or the surface node colour input? That should do it, coupled with a luminosity set to 100% and no diffuse, spec, reflection and transparency.

Cheers,
Mike

Sensei
08-11-2009, 01:32 PM
Try Normal Pass node from TrueArt's Node Library. Connect it's output to Diffuse Shading. All other things like Reflections etc should be disabled while baking normal map.

Clockmaster
08-12-2009, 06:47 AM
Lightwolf:

Of the material? Or the surface node colour input? That should do it, coupled with a luminosity set to 100% and no diffuse, spec, reflection and transparency.

Cheers,
Mike

The surface node color input, sorry for the inaccuracy.
but I doesn't set up the luminosity, diffuse and so on. :)
Thank you very much for your reply.

Sensei:
Thank you for the information.

Clockmaster
08-12-2009, 06:54 AM
Lightwolf: even with your settings, I continue to have black areas on my baked UV. I can't figure out why. It should work, logically.

Lightwolf
08-12-2009, 07:08 AM
Lightwolf: even with your settings, I continue to have black areas on my baked UV. I can't figure out why. It should work, logically.
How odd... I haven't baked much, so I can't really help you there.
Logic can sometimes be _very_ twisted ;)

Cheers,
Mike

Clockmaster
08-12-2009, 08:06 AM
Sensei: Normalpass works great! thank you very much ;) !

monovich
08-14-2009, 11:16 AM
dp also has a node for this. normal cast I think. I've used it with much success.