PDA

View Full Version : Cat saves man from burning home

Oedo 808
08-11-2009, 11:49 AM
Who says cats don't have an ounce of altruism in them? (well I have done as it happens):

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/berkshire/8195156.stm

Just had to post this, as the NewTek Forum was the first thing to come to mind upon reading this story of a heroic cat.

:cat:

probiner
08-11-2009, 11:55 AM
Yeah i think most LW users are in fact alien cats wearing ppl :D

Oedo 808
08-11-2009, 12:04 PM
Yeah i think most LW users are in fact alien cats wearing ppl :D

Hehe, yeah, all these avatars of 'pets', are actually the aliens themselves.

We're not fooled! :p

shrox
08-11-2009, 12:12 PM
What a good kitty Hugo is! Better than a snake...

biliousfrog
08-11-2009, 12:24 PM
The cat was purely thinking, 'If he dies I won't get any more treats'...they're clever critters

shrox
08-11-2009, 01:05 PM
The cat was purely thinking, 'If he dies I won't get any more treats'...they're clever critters

Isn't that how we all think in some way or another?

ted
08-11-2009, 01:23 PM
Conspiracy?
Why was there was no mention of the security camera that showed the cat actually starting the fire? Or the note saying the dog started it, mysteriously signed with a cat paw print? :devil:

shrox
08-11-2009, 01:27 PM
Conspiracy?
Why was there was no mention of the security camera that showed the cat actually starting the fire? Or the note saying the dog started it, mysteriously signed with a cat paw print? :devil:

I think maybe the cat was covering up some shoddy workmanship in the remodeling...

SBowie
08-11-2009, 01:28 PM
"This just highlights the importance of having working smoke detectors inside your home."

Well, actually, it highlights the importance of a working feline. One of mine proved the point again last night, leaving a dead mouse curled up outside my bedroom door as proof of his vigilance. Modesty prevailed however, so I don't know whether to reward the Siamese or the Wookie (not 100% sure he's a Wookie, but he is about the right size, colour and temperment). I suppose that was their plan, now I think of it...

calilifestyle
08-11-2009, 11:45 PM
It's called a fire alarm. maybe he should have invested in one.

cresshead
08-12-2009, 12:13 AM
cats are cool, it's as simple a that.

DiedonD
08-12-2009, 04:28 AM
Cat was just protecting its own investment!

If you call having to go through the heavy heart fatiguing process of tolerating people that curl the cat in regular basis as an 'investment' that is!

jaxtone
08-12-2009, 04:49 AM
I am a cat lover but you may be damn right!

Cat was just protecting its own investment!

If you call having to go through the heavy heart fatiguing process of tolerating people that curl the cat in regular basis as an 'investment' that is!

DiedonD
08-12-2009, 04:55 AM
Thanks Jaxtone :)

It seems I hit the right buttons for Scandinavians just by beeing naturally me! :D

We have a mabet (a good spontaneous dialogue) then huh?

blindsided
08-12-2009, 05:17 AM
Tip.
If you want your cat to save you from a burning building, always keep it hungry!

DiedonD
08-12-2009, 05:24 AM
Tip 2

Always ware a thin layer of silk on your face while you sleep, to protect you from the eventual fire-alarmic-cat-claw!

Mr. Williams had no apparent scratches on his face for that matter! The cat clawed his face until he was awoke! Cat-Claws make good scratches. Unless theyve cutt them perhaps, and smoothed them too!

erikals
08-12-2009, 05:28 AM
better buy a dog,
but that cat sure saved the fella'...

Dexter2999
08-12-2009, 05:29 AM
Don't get me wrong, I like cats but... if that guy had a pet door he would have been toast.

That cat batting at his face was cat speak for "HEY YOU! With the opposable thumbs!! Open the door!! I don't wanna die!"

Medi8or
08-12-2009, 07:08 AM
Don't get me wrong, I like cats but... if that guy had a pet door he would have been toast.

That cat batting at his face was cat speak for "HEY YOU! With the opposable thumbs!! Open the door!! I don't wanna die!"You didn't read the article? It was the neighbours cat, and it came IN through the cat-flap. :cat:

DiedonD
08-12-2009, 07:13 AM
Yeah I thought that you meant that the guy couldve went to flames cause that cat door couldve been open afterwards! And thus fuel the flames even more with oxygen or something!

*Pete*
08-12-2009, 07:49 AM
I once had a cat that tried to protect me from a bitc...bad woman.

this cat was the nicest cat there was, never harmed anyone bigger than himself...but when i was speaking with this girl i was intrested in by phone, the cat watches me for a long time, looking angry...then he just jumps up and beats me with his paw (no claws) and goes away.

i didnt read this as a sign back then, only thought of it as a funny incident..a few days later the girl was sleeping over at my place, in the evening i close the lights and get in to the bed and WHACK!!...something hits me in the face, really hard..i fast put the lights back on and look for the cat...i see that he is sleeping on top of the tv.

so, i close the lights again and within seconds BANG...something hits me again..totally from nowhere, but this time i was faster to turn the lights on and manage to see the cat jumping back on top of the tv and to pretend to sleep...

cat protecting his investment for sure ;) ....the girl turned out to be one of the people who hurt me the most, and with full intent too, later on....so as an advise to all of you, listen to your cats, they are great judges of personality when you/we are all too focused on big boobs and alike to notice the more negative characteristics of people.

DiedonD
08-12-2009, 07:53 AM
....so as an advise to all of you, listen to your cats, they are great judges of personality...

Hmmm... Then why do certain street tom cats run away from me the moment they notice me?! Big bad black tom cats some 15m ahead, they just cower away and hide!

:D

*Pete*
08-12-2009, 08:03 AM
my wifes fathers cat hunted rabbits for them in the Soviet union, after the war and when there was lack of food...this cat would dissappear for days, even weeks only to suddenly stand by the door with a dead rabbit next to him...he was helping to feed "his" family.

cats are amazing creatures..i have nothing against dogs, they can be smart as well...but the thing with cats is that they just do their stuff without ever been asked for it...try asking a cat to get the newspaper or your shoes to you and you will only receive a blank stare and a look that says "you think im some sort of an idiot?"
but in the same time...the same cat can bring you a mouse or two..sometimes even alive, so that you can eat some fresh meat or learn to hunt mice.

i think cats try to educate us as we try to educate dogs...

shrox
08-12-2009, 08:28 AM
One night a white cat showed up at our glass patio door. He wouldn't come in, but he did just hang around. The next morning he came in. Then a day or so later, he shows up with a bird. I gently scolded him, thinking it's instinct so you can't change it. The next day he shows up with a little stuffed pink hippo toy, from them on he would bring home little stuffed toys, I guess he must have been raiding somebody's collection.

OOZZEE
08-12-2009, 01:44 PM
maybe the cat went in the house thinking it would have a freshly cooked meal and didnt expect the guy to wake up when it was trying to get a piece of his face!! LOL Holy Crap man I thought you were dead.... sorry !!!

*Pete*
08-12-2009, 02:51 PM
maybe the cat went in the house thinking it would have a freshly cooked meal and didnt expect the guy to wake up when it was trying to get a piece of his face!! LOL Holy Crap man I thought you were dead.... sorry !!!

LOL

yeah...this is a possibility too :D

shrox
08-12-2009, 02:57 PM
Psycho Kitty
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
Mu mu meow mu mu meow mu mu meow meow meow
Run run run run run run run away

(Not by Talking Heads, it's the Meowing Kitties!)

Oedo 808
08-12-2009, 03:23 PM
Shrox, putting a picture of a man and a dog in your avatar fools nobody!

The abundance of obviously feline users here is proof that nine out of ten cats prefer LightWave.

shrox
08-12-2009, 03:29 PM
Shrox, putting a picture of a man and a dog in your avatar fools nobody!

The abundance of obviously feline users here is proof that nine out of ten cats prefer LightWave.

OK, I am busted. I am a Cylon...

realgray
08-12-2009, 03:55 PM
Cats Rawk! :thumbsup:

archijam
08-13-2009, 01:02 AM
Cats are scary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muLIPWjks_M