PDA

View Full Version : Flash Projector Plugin Swift 3d

barryfleming
08-11-2009, 09:38 AM
I spent a couple hundred dollars on the Swift 3d plugin for Lightwave to make projector animations. Worked great until I started using Lightwave 9.0. They promised me they were going to upgrade the plugin for 9.0 but it never happened. Does anyone know how I can take a Lightwave animation and convert it to a swf projector file with the transparent background left intact so when the stand alone animation plays on the desktop it shows no background or border of any kind. Hopefully I've explained this properly. Thanks.

adamredwoods
08-11-2009, 12:12 PM
You can do it using Flash CS3 or 4, and a 3rd party SWF2EXE projector like Zinc, mProjector, FLashants, or even the open-source Screenweaver.
http://screenweaver.org/doku.php?id=about

Basic steps would be to:
Render lightwave out to PNG images (with alpha channel) or Quicktime - Animation codec(colors set to millions+).

Then in Flash import your image sequence or Quicktime (you may need to convert the quicktime to FLV, not F4V, and make sure it is compressed as ON2 codec with alpha channel enabled). Create the SWF and then use the 3rd party instructions to make a windowless projector.

With Swift3D, it "vectorizes" your animation, so in my method you would not get the same results, but you could use cel-shading within LW to get a similar look.

barryfleming
08-11-2009, 01:50 PM
Thanks Adam, I'll give that a try.

With Swift3d I could export it without it being vectorized, which is what I want, so your method should work.

Dodgy
11-26-2009, 08:24 AM
Does the swift 3 LW plugin work with 9.6? Just looking at it for some work I'm doing...

RomanYpso
03-02-2010, 03:39 AM
on the erain.com site they wrote

'Due to the slow demand for NewTek's LightWave 3D product over the years, and the subsequent lack of demand for Swift 3D LW, we have discontinued any revisions of the plug-in.'

it's frustrating

i like the plugin with the vector outline possibilities for flash.
missing in LW.

the last LW-swift version work with LW 9.2
LW 9.3 and up the objects must all be in one layer.
no chance for animations, only stills

i hope Newtek is looking forward for a new plugin like swift.

Lamont
03-03-2010, 10:11 PM
In a pinch I`ve used Unreal cell shader (has been updated to work with fPrime!!), then ran it through illustrator if I really needed vector. But now I just render PNG and bring into Flash. Bandwidth isn`t the issue it used to be for online movies, and Unreal provides that crisp cell-shaded look I need, and makes Illustrators auto vector operations go smoothly.

jaxtone
03-04-2010, 04:28 PM
Bought the Swift plugin about a year ago and looked forward to use it since it was announced to render fast... but that was a lie.

When contacting "erain" they almost sounded like it was my fault that the render process lagged, it was extremely slow as soon you tried to add any feature that wasnīt the most basic. I can guarantee that the object I tried to render was a very simple polygone with non complicated surfaces on it.

So once again I was tricked into a scam by purchasing and register a software that didnīt do what it was promised to do.

Maybe I shall return to cracked versions instead of being such a honest idiot and supporting companies that cannot even spell to "service"!