PDA

View Full Version : Bottlenose

hunter
08-26-2003, 09:55 AM
Well, I don't think I've ever posted anything in the finished threads before.:eek: Any comments are welcome. I think I'll wait for 8 to animate him though.
cheers

lasco
08-26-2003, 10:31 AM
great model and lighting !

though I wonder if you could not ad some subtle irregularities
on the skin, very little procedural textures you know, on color and / or bump channels.
I guess such "perfect" dolphin could exist in real life but
on that pic it looks a bit too 3D.

Plus there's something that disturbs me a bit with
that dark eye (second pic) but I don't know what.

And last comment : teeths looks a little bit too regular.

very good job anyway !

robpauza
08-26-2003, 06:27 PM
Cool stuff Hunter. Thanks for posting it.

The UV mapping/texturing (where the pectoral fin meets the body) looks great to me. Nicely done.

Thanks again for all of your help with my shark.

-Rob

hrgiger
08-26-2003, 08:53 PM
Dolphin looks good. Lighting seems weird though. With the way the light beams are pointed, it almost looks as if the light is coming from below.

riki
08-27-2003, 07:11 AM
The water looks a bit strange, maybe the colour??

hunter
08-28-2003, 10:26 AM
Hey All,
Thanks for compliments and crits. Maybe too soon for the finished gallery eh? ;) I'll see what I can do to make some changes. This is kind of the look I was goin' for:

jimmy
08-28-2003, 04:53 PM
Hi there, I'm a newbie here, but try a rendering with soft filter switched on, and maybe some flakes floating round in the sea, that will help to add atmoshphere. Other than that, good job, the model is very nice.

KissMyGrits
08-28-2003, 05:25 PM
That is a really great model. Jimmy is right though about soft filter, methinks, just because there needs to be some distortion from the water. The dolphin is just focused too well, so soft filter should help a little. You should try to have larger variences in the lighting, like in the reference image, just to make it more interesting. Also, the whole thing needs to be darker I think.

hunter
08-29-2003, 09:59 AM
O.K. PLayed around a little bit, and me being in CA I thought I might have a recall. Part 1 should I recall the first pic? Part 2 which of these should replace it A, B, C, D, E none of the above. Thanks
:cool:

Lude
08-29-2003, 10:34 AM
Maybe you could have it attacking robpauza's grate white shark, flipper style. :)

Then you could have bit's of it floating around and not just flakes.

and maybe some flakes floating round in the sea

Lude.

KissMyGrits
09-01-2003, 10:39 PM
B and C just look totally fake to me for some reason.