PDA

View Full Version : Aura liveset blurred

zonuna
08-07-2009, 11:18 AM
Hi, This might be a small thing for most of you but its a problem for me.

when ever i created a simple liveset on Aura, the Input video gets blurred (sharpness of video goes down) This does NOT happen when using Keyhole warp type. But video quality always drops if using any other type of warp like Simple and complex.
here I am using a "Full Screen layer" from brush creator menu and I am using PAL DV 4:3 as a project resolution.
is there anything to do with my background resolution ?

Where can I download the latest Aura liveset plugins ?

billmi
08-07-2009, 11:24 AM
That is normal.

Keyhole passes the video straight through without processing it

Simple and complex warp types provide anti-aliasing and sub-sampling that is necessary to create a good image when the video is scaled or warped - but if the video is full-screen you will see the blur introduced by that processing.

joseburgos
08-08-2009, 07:59 AM
If you plan the shots right, it should not matter much. Full frame/Close-up shots use the keyhole. Everything else is scaled down or zoomed out. Keyhole does not have to be on a full screen liveSet layer. It can be applied to a less than full just note it will be passing through video from the input. Think of it as a kind of built-in garbage matte. This would allow different close-up shots with keyhole enabled from the same feed.
Example: Subject sitting on chair and camera framing using an alignment to frame the whole upper torso. Now if you want, you could use this as a fullscreen liveset layer/video plane to show the behind the desk shots but you can also trim off all but the shoulder to head of the subject to make for another close up used in a box/dual box shot. Thus having two close-ups from the same feed with zero LiveSet processing to the feed. Then all shots after that would be zoomed out and then LiveSet process should not matter as much.
If a standing subject is needed as well as the upper torso while standing, then two cameras are needed to give you both close-up shots.

Take care,

zonuna
08-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Thanks guys, now I understand how it works, but I still have one problem, I am trying to imitate "Key over input" which was created by one great user, I am using it for live TV Quiz where i overlay a laptop (IVGA) input on the bottom of the screen, Everything works fine including picture quality except for one thing which i`d like to change.

Whenever I created a live set (key over input) of my own, the input Video becomes blur but the IVGA (laptop) image are very clear.

Here I add Live Matt only on FX which is a foreground an that too with key hole.
I still experiment with it. If you know the solution I`ll be glad to hear it:goodluck: